'21 AL CB Edwin White

tenor.gif
giphy.gif

Art Green?

Pruitt ain't going full Dabo. He's more than fine continuing to evaluate and drop a kid if he falls off or doesn't turn out how projected. Evals this early aren't foolproof.
Pretty sure Art Green wasn’t going to qualify? Plus Malachi and Beckwith are two dudes you make room for.

Pretty sure Art Green wasn’t going to qualify? Plus Malachi and Beckwith are two dudes you make room for.
That may have been part, but his production dropped way off his 2nd year of JUCO. One poster said he wasn't even a starter(?).

Reactions: LittleVol
That may have been part, but his production dropped way off his 2nd year of JUCO. One poster said he wasn't even a starter(?).
Yeah I think that’s correct too. Don’t know what was up with that. Glad we dropped him though. I really like this DB class as is and we had bigger needs.

Art Green?

Pruitt ain't going full Dabo. He's more than fine continuing to evaluate and drop a kid if he falls off or doesn't turn out how projected. Evals this early aren't foolproof.
Things always change. There can be academic issues, players can have injury issues, their motivation can change and they might just not being willing to work at the level they need to succeed anymore. Coaches will always take reevaluate a recruit as they stay in constant communication with them. I meant that with all the options currently on the board we weren't going to take someone who the coaches didn't feel would be a priority for this class 11 months before NSD. Ansley and Pruitt are very knowledgeable when it comes to DB so if they are a priority then that tells me they have something which makes them stick out among other prospects.

Things always change. There can be academic issues, players can have injury issues, their motivation can change and they might just not being willing to work at the level they need to succeed anymore. Coaches will always take reevaluate a recruit as they stay in constant communication with them. I meant that with all the options currently on the board we weren't going to take someone who the coaches didn't feel would be a priority for this class 11 months before NSD. Ansley and Pruitt are very knowledgeable when it comes to DB so if they are a priority then that tells me they have something which makes them stick out among other prospects.
And the fact that this kid was offered by Pruitt when he took the job shows the depth of thought and research of this commit. Two years worth.

I meant that with all the options currently on the board we weren't going to take someone who the coaches didn't feel would be a priority for this class 11 months before NSD. Ansley and Pruitt are very knowledgeable when it comes to DB so if they are a priority then that tells me they have something which makes them stick out among other prospects.
I'd agree with this retake. That's a better way to put it.

Reactions: Tetonvol
Boys we got us a damn football player with a chip on his shoulder..this is the energy the teams needs..

View attachment 272522
This!! This is the kind of outspoken, challenging leadership that this class needs. Good for you young Vol, throw it down and bring it too!
This class needs identity and cohesion....AKA Leadership, and there it is. Spark it!

I'm trying to remember which one of our 2021 commits it was that recently made a twitter post to another player saying that when they line up across from him, that guy's recruiting stars aren't going to save him. THAT'S the attitude I want in all of our players, no matter what their recruiting ratings are! I think it may have been Kamar.

VN Store

Back