Keyen Green has joined the Lady Vols

Welcome to the Lady Vols! With this new addition, I wonder if this puts Burrell at a guard position now. I know we have two guards coming in, but we need at least one guard transfer and we’ll be set! Two would be great too!

If the lady Vols get an experienced grad transfer floor leader that starts that would put Burrell, McCoy and Green in a battle for 4 spot?

At 6'1 she sounds like a small forward type player with her height.

I just remember a couple of 6’1 players having success in the post. One being Victoria Dunlap 2xSEC POY. Not saying she will have that much success but she played in the post and wore teams out LOL

Anriel Howard averaged a double double at 5’11

And then since we are in TN Nina Davis was also 5’11 and was an All American for Baylor from the post position.

I just remember a couple of 6’1 players having success in the post. One being Victoria Dunlap 2xSEC POY. Not saying she will have that much success but she played in the post and wore teams out LOL

And then since we are in TN Nina Davis was also 5’11 and was an All American for Baylor from the post position.
Add the two from UConn...Gabby Williams and Napheesa Collier. Collier was 6'1 but she played like she was 6'6.

Reactions: VA_VOLFAN
Add the two from UConn...Gabby Williams and Napheesa Collier. Collier was 6'1 but she played like she was 6'6.

Exactly! I agreed with you all along her game was built for college I am interested to see what Chicago will do with her because she played OK so far but she needs a more structured offensive and defensive set in my opinion. Something like with my faves the Mystics. It’s very UConn like...

Reactions: Amb3096
If I could think of a player that Green reminds me of it would be Graves. I am really excited about her coming to play for Tennessee. She makes the inside game along with other player improvement much better than last season.

If I could think of a player that Green reminds me of it would be Graves. I am really excited about her coming to play for Tennessee. She makes the inside game along with other player improvement much better than last season.

she drives from the elbow like Graves
And anyone in her way, gets moved
love it

A charging foul where the player knocks the hades out of someone who gets in her way, is one of the acceptable fouls for this coach

Reactions: Volfan2012

And Nina had an uggglllyyy jumper. She had a motor though and she would get it done in the paint. Girl could make a layup. Lolol

Reactions: Rixxx
It looks more like Kellie is trolling and he program. Losing 5 stars and getting beaten soundly on the recruiting trail. I wonder if she’ll fire her husband?

Impatient is just worrying you fans. A coach that had just finished half a season and you guys expected her to beat other schools and recruit better than them. If TN athletic director wanted an immediate superstar coach then he should've hired a top coach, rather he wanted to go cheap and doesn't understand if it might be easy to rebuild a team like lady vols with a lower coach. A top school like lady vols should've hired a top coach to maintain the recruits, but now your blaming her both in recruits and the transfers. She's what we wanted, and we need to have patient with her. Kara is actual well known and would've attracted more recruits, but no.. we want Kellie, we want someone with lady vols blood. The point is, she's here, let support her and stop posting all these negatives comments because all these recruits read comments like this.

stop posting all these negatives comments because all these recruits read comments like this.
No they don't, that's a silly, self-important urban legend. They're 20, they never heard of an old school chat board. And if any do read, they did not learn lesson 1 in being an elite player which they should have learned at about age 12. May be a warning sign about their ability to handle the pressure of playing for a major program.

Kara is actual well known and would've attracted more recruits, but no.. we want Kellie
For the 30 millionth time, Kara DID NOT WANT THE JOB. I believe we would have hired her in an instant if she had.

Impatient is just worrying you fans. A coach that had just finished half a season and you guys expected her to beat other schools and recruit better than them. If TN athletic director wanted an immediate superstar coach then he should've hired a top coach, rather he wanted to go cheap and doesn't understand if it might be easy to rebuild a team like lady vols with a lower coach. A top school like lady vols should've hired a top coach to maintain the recruits, but now your blaming her both in recruits and the transfers. She's what we wanted, and we need to have patient with her. Kara is actual well known and would've attracted more recruits, but no.. we want Kellie, we want someone with lady vols blood. The point is, she's here, let support her and stop posting all these negatives comments because all these recruits read comments like this.

Too much time on our hands and no outlet but this to amuse some.

I like the way we are going,,,We got a banger in Green, another quality all-around athlete in Salary and a shooter in Darby. We do still need a quality PG backup.

We have more talent than most and more than enough talent to compete.

I am a coach and as a coach I see the advancement of what I do as more of an impact than what my charges do because my charges do what they do because of me. For me, progression now is on Coach K...Continuity on offense,,stopping runs,,holding players accountable for mistakes,,developing that team-killer instinct,,strategic subbing,,Usage of timeouts,,working the referees. CHW's teams didn't progress because Holly didn't progress, Coach K has to know her girls will look for her growth as a coach, as their inspiration.

I am still 100% behind the coaching decision by Fulmer. I back Coach K. But I also stay true to myself as the person I am and the status of what I am. A coach. So my first focus will always be on coaching.

The acquisition of AL Brown is another thing, he came on and there was no visible impact. I need to see an impact through him.

From the player perspective though I do consider one thing...I have only seen one player post workouts during the crisis. It makes me wonder about the others...

No they don't, that's a silly, self-important urban legend. They're 20, they never heard of an old school chat board. And if any do read, they did not learn lesson 1 in being an elite player which they should have learned at about age 12. May be a warning sign about their ability to handle the pressure of playing for a major program.

keep telling yourself that

From the player perspective though I do consider one thing...I have only seen one player post workouts during the crisis. It makes me wonder about the others...
Doesn't mean they're not working out. Some people, even kids, just aren't the post-a-picture-of-every-meal type folks. I find it refreshing. Work hard, work quietly, no need to brag.

I’m a fan of Kellie but she wasn’t a consensus hire. Many fans advocated for a top 10 coach, others wanted Kara, some wanted Kellie, others wanted various coaches. Don’t make it sound like all fans are being difficult. The ones complaining are fans who never wanted her from the start. She hasn’t exactly given them much reason to be satisfied yet.

Reactions: mcannon1

VN Store

Back