'21 TN OL Jmarion Jenkins-Gooch (Missouri commit)

They chose UT but it’s early. It’s easy to pick UT when neither AU or UA push for you. GFW just said the other day UA has interest in Roc so hes be hard to hang on to.
Pretty sure Bama wants Mosely as well.

Again, Bama wanted Ignont, Ignont chose us. Burn wanted him to. I guess you’re making ******** up to make yourself feel better

Reactions: GojiraVol17
Reactions: VOLSONLY
Sounds like both VQ and GV247 whiffed on this one as a possible flip.

J’Marion Gooch’s April 16 commitment to Auburn came out of the blue. Few outside the Tigers football offices knew Gooch was a big Auburn target, let alone someone who was about to give Gus Malzahn’s program a verbal.

But Auburn had done its homework.

Gooch, a standout at Seymour (Tenn.) The King's Academy, camped with the Tigers the previous summer. There, he caught the staff’s eye.

“I’ve been to two football camps my whole life,” Gooch said. “And Auburn was the only one that offered me off that -- after I earned it. Everybody else just offered me because I was big. Tennessee didn’t offer me when I went there for camp.”

It has been more than two months since Gooch, who said Tuesday he is 6-feet-7.5, 340 pounds, committed and his relationship with the Tigers, namely offensive line coach Jack Bicknell, apparently is as strong as ever.

“I talk to him every day,” Gooch said. “I’m real close with him. He keeps it real with me.”

At The King's Academy, Gooch will start at left tackle. But over the course of his prep career, he has lined up all over the field.

“I could play anywhere on the offensive line — all five,” he said. “I’ve played everywhere on the field. Even kicker.”

Gooch, who also played basketball growing up, once was a tight end. But, well, he kept growing. Yet despite gaining height and weight, Gooch said he didn’t lose his athleticism.

“Most people can’t gain weight without losing it, but I can gain weight and still maintain it,” Gooch said.

Right now, Gooch isn’t trying to gain weight. He wants to lose it.

He’s down from a high of 358 pounds with a goal of getting to 330.

“I work out every day,” Gooch said. “And I watch my meals every day.”

To date, Gooch has visited the Tigers twice.

“I’m as solid as I can be (to Auburn),” he said.

According to Gooch, he is hearing a lot from one other program.

“It’s Georgia,” Gooch told Auburn Undercover. “I talk to them like once a week or twice a week. I’m pretty solid (to Auburn), but I’ll hear them out. They’re just saying how they want me and how much they want me to come visit.”

According to Gooch, the Bulldogs haven’t offered but are showing “strong interest.”

Of Georgia offensive line coach Matt Luke, Gooch said, “He’s cool. He was the one who offered me at Ole Miss when he was (head) coach there”

Gooch said he would like to take multiple official visits, so he can experience other campuses.

For now, though, he seems locked in with Auburn. “They’re family,” he said.

- Niebuhr

Looks like we have another TN kid who got his feelings hurt that we didn't offer first...

Reactions: HalfullVol
Sounds like both VQ and GV247 whiffed on this one as a possible flip.

- Niebuhr

Looks like we have another TN kid who got his feelings hurt that we didn't offer first...
So Tennessee coaches did not offer him after the camp. Somehow this means Auburn "did their homework".... I take that as Tennessee did not see enough to offer at the time so they are going after the ones they feel are what they want. So over reporters trying to make winning the state into more than it is. For all schools. And really over Tennessee players acting as if it is a right instead of a privilege to play for Tennessee.

So Tennessee coaches did not offer him after the camp. Somehow this means Auburn "did their homework".... I take that as Tennessee did not see enough to offer at the time so they are going after the ones they feel are what they want. So over reporters trying to make winning the state into more than it is. For all schools. And really over Tennessee players acting as if it is a right instead of a privilege to play for Tennessee.

Exactly, sorta feels like UT is getting these ones they "want" and some others are have to get them "while they can". Hopefully anyway.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
Meh. I look at it like, if he had done better at UT's camp, the coaches would have offered at that time. Apparently he left them with questions.

Expounding on what I said, a real competitor would see it as a challenge to do better. Apparently, he was more interested in having his ego stroked. I get it. Kids that age respond to that. But kids with fire respond to the challenge.

Best of luck to him, wherever he ends up, unless he's playing us.

Certainly regrettable now but Bray was decent. Milton transferred to Louisville and disappeared.

Nah, it’s awesome. No ragrets.
no-ragrets-temporary-tattoo-2663.jpg

If I’m not mistaken but isn’t King’s Academy about the same size as the McDonalds right down the road?

Not that it matters, just curious
I'm from Seymour and can confirm this is correct. We played King's varsity teams with our freshmen teams in the late 90's.

Having a hard time thinking Gooch is higher on Tennessee's offensive line board than Pounds, Griffin-Parker, Castillo, or even Orr

Reactions: HalfullVol

VN Store

Back