MS DT Fabien Lovett (FSU transferee)

Do you feel you're somehow responsible for something your ancestor did? I've never understood that kind of thinking. The sins of the father do not fall to the son. I'm my own man. I'll gladly own my actions and accept the consequences they bring, but I'm not responsible for anything my great-great-grandpappy might have done. And I won't feel guilt for it either. People are responsible for their own actions, not the actions of others.
No it just makes me sick to think about and I have a tough time not thinking about it because we still own the land

Reactions: CreiveHallVol
This.

I have a tough time imagining that Leach didn't question himself on whether or not the tweet was a good idea. If he did, and then posted it anyway, he's an arrogant fool. If he didn't, he's dumb.

Like it or not, there's some lines you just don't cross. I don't care how long it's been since the latest racially motivated hanging, using a lynch to make a joke is one of those lines.

Maybe I'm a little hypersensitive since I recently learned that, unfortunately, my family once owned slaves, and at lease one of my ancestors has killed a man because he was black, but that's beside the point. Actually... that kind of makes my point. There's a lot of hypersensitive people in the world, and that's one of the reasons why sending that tweet was a bad idea.
Well keep wallowing in stupid guilt. I don't, and I am not going to. My families were all dirt poor Scots-Irish...and anyways your ancestors lived In a different world. You do realize slavery is as old as mankind..right? At some point in the distant past one of yours, and mine too for that matter..ancestors were probably slaves to somebody.

Last edited:
Okay...Mississippi, nooses, racism, Leech, and all other topics aside; I have only three questions

1. Is this a kid that could help us on the DL?
2. Does CJP want him?
3. What are the chances we can get him?

Thank you, I'll hang up and listen..

Can’t intelligently answer this. It’s curious we didn’t pursue him coming out of HS and that he hasn’t contributed for Miss State.

After this year coming up we’re losing Gooden, Savion, Middleton, Blakely, Bumphus, Butler, and Solomon after this season.

We might need to take him just for bodies. I’d hate to have to rely on freshman DL’s heading into ‘21.

He would be super useful in 2021 after we lose like 6 Lineman after this year. He could potentially see some time this year, but his value really is the next couple years after that.

Reactions: gainesvol82
I mean...I think of Westerns when I think of a noose..."Hang em High"
In MISSISSIPPI a noose is more they just a obsolete object. It's a symbol that some if those recruits grandparents remember so adequately. You see a teen but if you haven't lived in there shoe (culture wise) you really couldn't relate.

Meh. People have the right to be offended by whatever they want, but considering the context, I think the kid is overreacting. It wasn't a hateful meme and had absolutely nothing to do with racism. Whatsoever. I've actually seen nooses used to present a racist message and it sickened me. Leach's cartoon didn't even come close.
Still failing to understand what a noose in Mississippi means...it has instrisic meaning there now. It is like you paint a Hindu swastika in Israel and shrug your shoulders and claim ignorance. Ok, maybe he was ignorant, but now he can learn the heritage.

As anyone here is Southern, you should already know better. You are being willfully ignorant if you act like it is an image without inherited meaning.

Knoxville, Tennessee...born and raised.

"Obscure reference" wasn't directed solely at the noose, in this case, but more of a general statement (as noted by the two words "any possible", which you omitted, that lead up to "obscure reference" in my post) that we have to walk on eggshells in fear that someone won't focus on the totality of what an image is trying to say, and be offended by it in a case where clearly no offense was intended. And again, Leach clearly intended no offense nor was he aware of how sensitively the noose reference would be perceived.
Holy mental gymnastics. So you are now saying "any possible obscure reference" was not referring to the noose? You were just talking off the cuff about some totally other situation? Lol.

Either a noose in MS is an obscure reference in MS or it is not. It is not. If you want to talk about the worry of walking on eggshells over obscure references, fine. But posting it here is saying you think this was an obscure reference...which it surely is not.

Reactions: Jrobin
Holy mental gymnastics. So you are now saying "any possible obscure reference" was not referring to the noose? You were just talking off the cuff about some totally other situation? Lol.

Either a noose in MS is an obscure reference in MS or it is not. It is not. If you want to talk about the worry of walking on eggshells over obscure references, fine. But posting it here is saying you think this was an obscure reference...which it surely is not.
We aren't going to find common ground debating this issue over a message board where inflection and tone aren't readily evident in typed words. You don't seem to understand what I'm driving at, and frankly, I'm not passionate enough about it to try and further explain it. If you want to carry on with this crusade, that is fine by me.

Still failing to understand what a noose in Mississippi means...it has instrisic meaning there now. It is like you paint a Hindu swastika in Israel and shrug your shoulders and claim ignorance. Ok, maybe he was ignorant, but now he can learn the heritage.

As anyone here is Southern, you should already know better. You are being willfully ignorant if you act like it is an image without inherited meaning.
People choose to be offended. Perhaps you're not understanding that. Taking offense is a choice that is made. You can choose to take offense, or you take it for what it was, a joke that had nothing to do with actual lynching. Case in point. If a white person uses the "N" word, offensive. A black person uses the "N" word, not offensive. The word hasn't changed no matter who it is using it, but whether or not you choose to be offended has. If the kid wants to be offended by Leach's joke, that's his choice. Just as it's my choice to believe he's overreacting. I really think the whole damn thing is dumb and has been blown all to hell.

Stupid f'n horse 💩

Reactions: InVOLuntary
People choose to be offended. Perhaps you're not understanding that. Taking offense is a choice that is made. You can choose to take offense, or you take it for what it was, a joke that had nothing to do with actual lynching. Case in point. If a white person uses the "N" word, offensive. A black person uses the "N" word, not offensive. The word hasn't changed no matter who it is using it, but whether or not you choose to be offended has. If the kid wants to be offended by Leach's joke, that's his choice. Just as it's my choice to believe he's overreacting. I really think the whole damn thing is dumb and has been blown all to hell.
Totally agree. I am glad we got Pruitt, but I have seen enough of Mike Leach over the years to get a good feel for what kind of person he is...This kid doing this to him sickens me.

Reactions: BreatheUT
Well keep wallowing in stupid guilt. I don't, and I am not going to. My families were all dirt poor Scots-Irish...and anyways your ancestors lived In a different world. You do realize slavery is as old as mankind..right? At some point in the distant past one of yours, and mine too for that matter..ancestors were probably slaves to somebody.

People tend to forget the persecution the Irish have endured over the centuries... among other cultures. Humanity really is brutal when you think about it.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
Transferring to Florida State
Lol transferring from a school because the coach tweeted a “racially insensitive” meme to a school that has a student dressed up as a Native American ride onto the field before every home game.

I don’t have a problem with either but that is beyond funny.

VN Store

Back