If they cancel 2020 season

Coaches will just need to simply visit any ATM at their nearest participating Pilot Flying J location and, using the keypad, enter “Severence” & their desired amount.

Lyle loves it, & Nick raves about the quality and consistency of the coffee!
No need any for any new processes or undo expenditures.
Dooley approved!
GoVols

What makes you think that? Not trying to argue. Based on the projections I've seen, we're going to be in a really good place with the virus by July and in the clear by August(this is of course assuming I haven't misinterpreted those projections). If those projections turn out to be accurate, I think every avenue will be explored to have a football season, even if it is with empty stadiums. Too much money involved not to.
Come late spring to mid fall we will see a drop in the virus. 80° F starts to Jill the virus so our second wave will be starting in mid fall if not late fall so we should see a football season this year

Nick Satan was asked if there would be a 2020 college football season and he said "I never answer hypothetical questions":rolleyes:

Come late spring to mid fall we will see a drop in the virus. 80° F starts to Jill the virus so our second wave will be starting in mid fall if not late fall so we should see a football season this year
Hope I'm wrong, but, no way there's a college football season.

Maybe my view is tainted because I live in NJ, and has seen my county numbers go from 5 to 386 in two weeks, and the state go from 500 to 25,000+...with no sign of slowing. Though population density is different, much of rest of country is weeks behind, so, I think the next major issue will be more stress on less populated areas. Rutherford Co has gone from 1 to 113 in same time period of two weeks, so the same line-graph is virtually the same everywhere. Flattening the curve or warmer weather isn't going to make an impact on playing the ultimate contact sport while social distancing is still a very needed thing until a vaccine is developed....seriously, what are they going to do...wrap them in neoprene and give them surgical masks to wear under their helmets? NFL has a better chance of doing something innovative because players are being paid, but no way moms and dads let their kids get put in harms way...or universities take on the liabilities.

Hope I'm wrong, but, no way there's a college football season.

Maybe my view is tainted because I live in NJ, and has seen my county numbers go from 5 to 386 in two weeks, and the state go from 500 to 25,000+...with no sign of slowing. Though population density is different, much of rest of country is weeks behind, so, I think the next major issue will be more stress on less populated areas. Rutherford Co has gone from 1 to 113 in same time period of two weeks, so the same line-graph is virtually the same everywhere. Flattening the curve or warmer weather isn't going to make an impact on playing the ultimate contact sport while social distancing is still a very needed thing until a vaccine is developed....seriously, what are they going to do...wrap them in neoprene and give them surgical masks to wear under their helmets? NFL has a better chance of doing something innovative because players are being paid, but no way moms and dads let their kids get put in harms way...or universities take on the liabilities.
Wow who knew densely populates cities would be hit hard? Oh everyone did. Lol. We are going on 3 months of this and the fact that we already have a cure that is being tested to pass the FDA guidelines shows that this virus isnt gonna last much longer. Also the FDA has prevented and still does companies from actually helping to slow down the virus. Hell the FDA approved weeks ago a company in Ohio to sanitize 60k - 80k masks a day when they could be doing up to 150k + a day. Let's not forget how doctors are being told to count people who died from something other than the Chinese virus to be counted or documented as the Chinese virus that killed them. The numbers are skewed and this virus isn't as bad as the media wants you to believe.

payouts or not aside, if they cancel the 2020 college football season that may be a "sign of the Apocalypse" (a la Sports Illustrated feature)

If you had to sacrifice one college football program to end coronavirus and play football in 2020 who would it be, and why Florida?

Reactions: JacketVol
Programs are obligated legally to pay the coaches what’s in their contract unless they file for bankruptcy, which isn’t going to happen. This is a one year problem. This will have virtually no impact on coach’s current salaries outlined in their contracts.
It could if State budgets arent met and alot of States are already in trouble

Reactions: Vols All Day
Programs are obligated legally to pay the coaches what’s in their contract unless they file for bankruptcy, which isn’t going to happen. This is a one year problem. This will have virtually no impact on coach’s current salaries outlined in their contracts.

Pruitt's base salary is only $275,000, with "annual supplemental compensation of $3,525,000 comes from income earned by the University of Tennessee under various broadcast, endorsement, and/or consultation contracts "
Complete Contract Details for Vol Head Coach Jeremy Pruitt | RTI

"The discussion that ADs are having about fall sports being canceled is a very real possibility,” says Ramogi Huma, the president of the National College Players Association. “It’s extremely hard to imagine any football in the fall on any level.”

Anyone want to contradict?

We would have to see the Pale and Black horses before NFL owners cancel anything IMO.

I don’t care what Fraudci has to say about it.

Reactions: 508mikey
Don't bet on it. They had the virus in Australia during their Summer period. and know one knows what was happening in Africa. Of course, one could do what our President suggest yesterday; inject Clorox into our skin-lungs or zap the body with ultraviolet light. Do that and no one will have to worry about the virus, ballgames, or anything else. The problem is, someone will be stupid enough to try it.
God save us.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back