Miss State Head Coach

I think he realizes that he has it pretty good where he is. He is coaching in his home state. And that conference can flip in a hurry.

I suspect very strongly that the cousin of DarthVol, on the Miss State women basketball board is called DarthBulldog and his latest response probably read "THE ATHLETIC DIRECTOR SHOULD BE FIRED AND RUN OUT OF TOWN WEARING A COWBELL. How could he hire an unproven coach with only one year of head coach, and then a bunch of assistant somthings! Boy you are going to hear from me after every game with a critical review. Just tell me why we could n't a proven coach. (and don't give me the argument that the former coach had even less credentials, he was a MAN).

my apologies to DV who has grown on me, but!

EVPItf4UYAEu8dH
EVPIy7NU4AEKePG
EVPI6urUwAA3kPM
LSU , Tenn , State
How proud would Pat be of this!!!

Louisville had a talented but inexperienced team playing an early season game, and SC had the NPOY. Not much of a surprise there.

MSST played SC close this year in Columbus, and that's with Harris and Herbert Herrigan. SC loses more than MSST does, and MSST gains more than SC does.
Very true. I believe we both can agree that SC didn't play well in their 1st matchup & probably should have lost if not for a comeback in the 4th quarter. Miss State isn't going away anytime soon so the great battles should continue between both schools.

I'm going to display my ignorance by asking what that means.

That they cannot transfer to another SEC school?
Which does not make sense re an SEC school hiring an ODU coach to replace one going to Texas. Three different conferences.

Or MSU wants Nikki to promise she will not accept a job offer from another SEC school?

You're right. What does it mean? @volnationnj

oops, sorry, @creekdipper, hit post before I meant to hit it!

Last edited:
Reactions: Volfaninfl2
That they cannot transfer to another SEC school?
Which does not make sense re an SEC school hiring an ODU coach to replace one going to Texas. Three different conferences.

Or MSU wants Nikki to promise she will not accept a job offer from another SEC school?

You're right. What does it mean? @volnationnj

oops, sorry, @creekdipper, hit post before I meant to hit it!
It means that Nikki can't easily jump ship to Tennessee in 2-3 years if Kellie isn't getting the job done.

It means that Nikki can't easily jump ship to Tennessee in 2-3 years if Kellie isn't getting the job done.
Tenn might not be the only school Nikki is thinking of. She did spend a lot of time at SC and got a lot of support from the school and community during her fight against beast cancer. Of course that means Dawn would be gone for whatever reason. If both jobs were open now SC would be the better opening over both Tenn and State.

Tenn might not be the only school Nikki is thinking of. She did spend a lot of time at SC and got a lot of support from the school and community during her fight against beast cancer. Of course that means Dawn would be gone for whatever reason. If both jobs were open now SC would be the better opening over both Tenn and State.
SC would be the better job on paper...much like MSST is the better job over Texas...on paper.

I'd bet money that the MSST AD is more worried about Nikki hopping over to Knoxville than Columbia...

He's built Louisville from the ground up in its current form (while acknowledging the turnaround started with Collen), wins 78% of his games, makes something just north of 1.5 million a year, and is a basketball coach in a seriously basketball state. I know people keep courting him, but short of something like 2 million and then some, he's probably not going anywhere. He's going to be cashing 1.5 million or more as long as he's the coach there. With him being 48, and working in a profession where new coaches get about 3 years before the knives start to appear, I can't imagine why he'd ever leave. He's set for life. And even if he fails, he'd have to fail for five or six years before they'd even cut him. Just. Show up with around 2.5 million and four or five years guaranteed or move along. At least, that's the impression I've always gotten about him.

True colors? By crushing Kellie on the recruiting trail yet again?
I believe we were talking about Walz yet again trying to weasel more money out of UL by feigning interest in MSU job. A repeat of the UT scam he ran. Nice try though. Look at that shiny object over there!

Reactions: VA_VOLFAN
I believe we were talking about Walz yet again trying to weasel more money out of UL by feigning interest in MSU job. A repeat of the UT scam he ran. Nice try though. Look at that shiny object over there!

I mean programs (except Tennessee) keep going after him, it's almost like he's a great coach or something. 🤷 Not sure why he doesn't have the right to consider any program trying to hire him (and clearly Tennessee didn't) and I don't see any evidence he's getting more money out of from Louisville from it. Actually, looks like he's taking a paycut.

And clearly his "scam" doesn't seem to be hurting recruiting...

VN Store

Back