Keyen Green has joined the Lady Vols

Next year .... as of now ! We will have 11 players. 4 Seniors , 1 Juniors, 4 Sophomores, 2 Freshmen.

Davis. Senior/ SEC experience
KK. Senior/ SEC experience
McCoy. Senior/ SEC experience
Green. Senior/ Grad. Transfer
Rae. Junior/ SEC experience
Jordan. Soph/ SEC experience
Key. Soph/ SEC experience
Rennie. Soph/ SEC experience

That’s EIGHT players that should not be scared to play ball ! This core group should win 20 games again !?!? JMO

Saunders Soph
Salary. Freshman
Darby. Freshman

The main problem will be the bench ! I still think that’s a pretty good team ..... looking forward to next year ! 👍
What players last year ere scared to play ball? Not sure what that means.

That's cold . Horston with starter experience.
I don’t think so... almost no one can carry a team at point all season by themselves. Also no other guards on our team have elite ball handling skills so it’s going to be even harder and could limit her game. We need an ELITE ball handler

What players last year ere scared to play ball? Not sure what that means.

Every scholarship athlete has doubts/ concerns about their skill level ! Do I belong here ? Can I compete at this level ? Thus the names of ROOKIES and VETERANS .... Eventually a mental switch will come ON and the athlete KNOWS they can compete at that level ! A Freshman will play like a Freshman until they get enough experience to realize they can play at that level .... AND NOT PLAY SCARED 😱

Davis , KK , McCoy , will not play scared of SEC competition! But Darby and Salary will take some time . Everyone goes through this process . High school ..... College .... Professional. But eventually rookies become veterans..... with no fear ! 🤔

I listed eight players with SEC experience... they will not have any problems but Green and Saunders and the Freshmen will . It will take them some time to come around. JMO

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
Every scholarship athlete has doubts/ concerns about their skill level ! Do I belong here ? Can I compete at this level ? Thus the names of ROOKIES and VETERANS .... Eventually a mental switch will come ON and the athlete KNOWS they can compete at that level ! A Freshman will play like a Freshman until they get enough experience to realize they can play at that level .... AND NOT PLAY SCARED 😱

Davis , KK , McCoy , will not play scared of SEC competition! But Darby and Salary will take some time . Everyone goes through this process . High school ..... College .... Professional. But eventually rookies become veterans..... with no fear ! 🤔

I listed eight players with SEC experience... they will not have any problems but Green and Saunders and the Freshmen will . It will take them some time to come around. JMO

I guess I’m not a fan of the word scared. Sure there is a period of adjustment to the speed and strength of the college game, and that might cause some hesitation in their play, but I doubt any of them are scared. JMO

I agree with your points but I have to say looking back I’m not sure Candace Parker ever felt that way. I think she slow motion walked in in shades with explosions going off behind her. A boss from day one.

I can actually envisage a line-up of Horston, Burrell, Davis, Green and Key. It would be a formidable crew to start the game. Rae likely ends up splitting minutes with someone no matter what.

I know Rae at the two seems crazy, but someone is going to have to play out of position. She is very versatile, her 3 point shot was coming along toward the end of the season. She is quick enough to defend on the perimeter and seems to have made defense a priority.

Wasn't Burrell starting at the two once Horston got benched midway through the SEC schedule?

I have she looks really good watched her play when the played JU in Jacksonville. Smart and very agile she sets hard screens and pick and pop . High level basketball iq.

I was really impressed with that interview from her freshman year. She was very analytical in her game already...talking about areas of improvement, footwork, how to outsmart taller opponents by adding moves, etc. Also seemed humble when her many Freshman of Week honors were mentioned and seemed like a team-first player.

So i want someone to tell me am i wrong for not really feeling this acquisition.....i think we need another big time scorer for sure somebody that can get their own shot offensively this team was horrible i think we hve players that do what she does

So i want someone to tell me am i wrong for not really feeling this acquisition.....i think we need another big time scorer for sure somebody that can get their own shot offensively this team was horrible i think we hve players that do what she does

We have 0 post players with polished offensive moves.

If she plays the 4 spot, hopefully she can hit a mid range shot and rebound.

Reactions: Rons1989
you're wrong ---- the LVs need bodies now (in case of injuries) because 10 players is not enough ---- a "big time scorer" is probably not available at this point, but of course I would be happy if they can find one ---- still 4 more spots on the roster, if I am not mistaken

Reactions: Rons1989
As an earlier poster asked/stated does she have a midrange shot. I could hypothesize that if she wants to play following college she will have to develop power-forward skills. = opportunity at LVs.

14 and 7 in 22 minutes a game .590 from the field she looks to have some toughness and ability to score inside. Power player does not shoot the three 0 for 2 last season.

Last edited:
I guess I’m not a fan of the word scared. Sure there is a period of adjustment to the speed and strength of the college game, and that might cause some hesitation in their play, but I doubt any of them are scared. JMO

Perhaps it would be fairer to use the word doubt, rather than fear. I think it could be more accurate to say most players aren't scared, (well, not until they run into a really big gun like a Maya Moore or a Candace Parker sort of player), but they can lack confidence in their ability to do their job on the court. And the more the other player outperforms them, the more a player begins to anticipate being beaten - and the more they come to doubt their own ability to impact the game. "You're playing scared." Eh. Just the way they phrase it I guess.

Perhaps it would be fairer to use the word doubt, rather than fear. I think it could be more accurate to say most players aren't scared, (well, not until they run into a really big gun like a Maya Moore or a Candace Parker sort of player), but they can lack confidence in their ability to do their job on the court. And the more the other player outperforms them, the more a player begins to anticipate being beaten - and the more they come to doubt their own ability to impact the game. "You're playing scared." Eh. Just the way they phrase it I guess.
Playing intimidated fits.

I don't kn how she can play center or post here being a 6'1 even though she may had done it at Liberty because of their small conference.
It’s very difficult for undersized forwards from small schools to make any impact at a high level school.

Welcome to the Lady Vols! With this new addition, I wonder if this puts Burrell at a guard position now. I know we have two guards coming in, but we need at least one guard transfer and we’ll be set! Two would be great too!

Reactions: Ladyvol777

VN Store

Back