Keyen Green has joined the Lady Vols

Don’t get me wrong, not being critical but at 6’1” she is not a center in the SEC. Definitely could help down low at PF though. Look forward to her joining the Lady Vol family!

We have 3 centers. I would presume she was recruited under the pretense that she will play the 4. I think she could be a similar player to Ayana Mitchell or Anriel Howard.

I watched a little of her film, looks like she has great hands. She pursues the basketball on the offensive glass and she makes really quick post moves based on what the defense is giving her. Looks like a very smart player, gets really low and uses her leverage to pin the defender behind.

Appears she will provide a much more physical defender at the four as well.

We have 3 centers. I would presume she was recruited under the pretense that she will play the 4. I think she could be a similar player to Ayana Mitchell or Anriel Howard.

I watched a little of her film, looks like she has great hands. She pursues the basketball on the offensive glass and she makes really quick post moves based on what the defense is giving her. Looks like a very smart player, gets really low and uses her leverage to pin the defender behind.

Appears she will provide a much more physical defender at the four as well.

Looks like she will play the 4 with Mccoy.

Reactions: VolBall09
Maybe,,,, a bruiser

Ok Emily, Jaiden time to get your gloves on and hit the ring,,,this one is a fighter.
Coach K is making the right moves
One of these three will turn out to be the intimidater that I have been calling for.
Rick Mahorn, Charles Oakley,,,________?
One or two of you've got to step up

"drive on me...Meet,, the floor!"

Last edited:
Last edited:
Reactions: krichunaka
So, Keyen majored in finance and is getting a Master’s in Business Administration, plus, she fought to come back from ankle surgery, and a fractured shin. She’s got brains, determination, good instincts, and good hands, a winning combination. Congrats to Keyen for choosing to play for the Tennessee Lady Vols, and Welcome! Congrats to Coach Kellie and her staff, as well. Can’t wait to see Keyen and the Lady Vols play next season!

I think Destiny Salary will pay early dividends in this respect,,,she reminds me a little of Jordan

Balck uniform

Last edited:
Jaiden will have something to say about that, so will Rae
She will have to earn her way in

I can actually envisage a line-up of Horston, Burrell, Davis, Green and Key. It would be a formidable crew to start the game. Rae likely ends up splitting minutes with someone no matter what.

I know Rae at the two seems crazy, but someone is going to have to play out of position. She is very versatile, her 3 point shot was coming along toward the end of the season. She is quick enough to defend on the perimeter and seems to have made defense a priority.

Horston will be point. Unless we pick up a starting PG with experience I don’t see anyone else playing the point. Horston is going to have to clean up the turnovers and get down to business.

I expect the two freshman to each contribute about 10 minutes per game. Maybe more, maybe less. It’s unlikely either will be an impact player immediately.

I can actually envisage a line-up of Horston, Burrell, Davis, Green and Key. It would be a formidable crew to start the game. Rae likely ends up splitting minutes with someone no matter what.

I know Rae at the two seems crazy, but someone is going to have to play out of position. She is very versatile, her 3 point shot was coming along toward the end of the season. She is quick enough to defend on the perimeter and seems to have made defense a priority.

Horston will be point. Unless we pick up a starting PG with experience I don’t see anyone else playing the point. Horston is going to have to clean up the turnovers and get down to business.

I expect the two freshman to each contribute about 10 minutes per game. Maybe more, maybe less. It’s unlikely either will be an impact player immediately.

I’m sure Coach Harper is working hard on getting a Grad transfer point guard to back up Horston.

I’m sure Coach Harper is working hard on getting a Grad transfer point guard to back up Horston.

I would think so, that’s the glaring hole right now. It’s really an important spot to fill so it is nice that she gets to choose the player she wants. Jazz and Zaay were both Holly recruits, great in their own right, but coaches have different preferences. She has an opportunity to bring in another player who believes in HER system.

Seems many Holly recruits have had issues with rules. They’re wonderful young women and great ball players. I am sad to see any of them leave. But when you allow your choiceS to make your choice; it’s tough.

Limited sample size with Kellie. Destiny, Tess, Karolin and Keyen all seem a little more blue collar. Humble maybe?

Next year .... as of now ! We will have 11 players. 4 Seniors , 1 Juniors, 4 Sophomores, 2 Freshmen.

Davis. Senior/ SEC experience
KK. Senior/ SEC experience
McCoy. Senior/ SEC experience
Green. Senior/ Grad. Transfer
Rae. Junior/ SEC experience
Jordan. Soph/ SEC experience
Key. Soph/ SEC experience
Rennie. Soph/ SEC experience

That’s EIGHT players that should not be scared to play ball ! This core group should win 20 games again !?!? JMO

Saunders Soph
Salary. Freshman
Darby. Freshman

The main problem will be the bench ! I still think that’s a pretty good team ..... looking forward to next year ! 👍

I still think Destiny will be the surprise of the bunch for the newcomers. Built like a baller and looks like a baller.

Darby will be a factor if she can work to open looks and proves to be a gunner...This will depend heavily on if Jesse takes the step forward and continues to grow as a go-to shooter

Green will be a factor if she matches her structure,,,she looks like she might be an obstacle...I like her forceful drives on offense, but it will be the PF who becomes a high-paint influence on opposing drivers that will impress me and right now I see the spot as Jaiden

The other X-fastor is what Kellie does with the other open spot

VN Store

Back