Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
We'll see how this all plays out, but many, myself included, have been saying from the git go that this has been greatly overblown. Not to be ignored, but overblown. Of course we've been mock and criticized for doing so.

My only question is why has it been so. Honest misreading of the data? Being overly cautious? Something political? Idk, but have my suspicions.

If the final numbers turn out to be more in line with the new, lower numbers it's a good news, bad news thing. Good that the impact wasn't so bad. But bad that, as some argued, we needlessly tanked our economy and caused emotional stress on a ton of people.

What if the outcome would have been different....what if this virus would have done the damage it was expected to do?? We are talking about lives. There is no $ value you can put on a life. You go with the information you have an make a decision.

We are not out of the woods yet. In this debate, there is no right and wrong unless you made the wrong choice and ended up with the death rates that were discussed early on. Then there would have been political and blood capital paid. I feel for leadership, particular this leader. He is in a no win situation.

**** Farrell

Pretty much said both kids are trash.
Not at all. It’s well known that Wright is an upside prospect and he said Merrill would be a “QBs best friend”. Described him as a guy that will consistently move the chains. Completely fair and every team needs guys like that

Had a really good Civil War conversation going on...but nooooo! Let's argue about this damn virus some more!

I say "dog farts" dammit!

Tell us all about the wars you've been in Grandpappy....start with the Crusades. Those are my favorite and we've all got plenty of time.

My freedom to peaceably assemble to worship (or to assemble for any other valid reason), my freedom to earn a living, my freedom to travel without fear of being stopped by armed officers are all affected. When you sacrifice freedom for promises of security, you will have neither.
Ok well when all of that becomes permanently banned we can have a conversation. If you’ve ever traveled before you know the fear of being stopped by armed guards didn’t start with this virus. Don’t be naive. You can quote whoever you want but I, along with millions of Americans, have a vault full of weaponry that won’t allow the government to take your liberties so rest assured you can do you part to help our fellow Americans by staying home for a few weeks.

It's not like it's just going to magically disappear because of social distance. People have to build up antibodies to fight it.
This point...right here seems to be escaping people..we CANNOT do this indefinitely, and this bug is not going anywhere.

I just heard the idiot governor up here talking about stopping this, and how we are going to have to keep all this up to stop this, and I am sitting there thinking.."How exactly is this "Stopping" covid-19 supposed to happen, you idiot?"

There is no good answer for this. There is not, nor will there be a readily available vaccine anytime soon. The virus is still there, being held at bay, slowed down by the drastic and extremely financially and socially disastrous measures of social distancing...which CANNOT be kept up indefinitely.

There is no good answer.

LOL.

Marty Smith on day 1 of quarantine.
MartySmith.jpg

Marty Smith on day 30 of quarantine.
MV5BMTQxMzYzMDQ5NV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwOTkzMzg4Mg@@._V1_.jpg

You're being hyperbolic here. They aren't counting car crash victims because they wouldn't test a car crash victim. Here's a little more on the problem:

Source: https://nypost.com/2020/04/07/feds-classify-all-coronavirus-patient-deaths-as-covid-19-deaths/

Dr. Michael Baden, a Fox News contributor, said it’s reasonable to include the death of someone infected with the virus, who also had other health issues, in the COVID-19 body count.

“In the normal course, autopsies would then determine whether the person died of the effects of the COVID virus, whether the person had a brain tumor or brain hemorrhage, for example, that might be unrelated to it and what the relative significance of both the infection and the pre-existing disease is,” Baden told Fox News.

However, the number of autopsies being performed could be low due to the danger of infection, he said.

“Then you will include in those numbers some people who did have a pre-existing condition that would have caused death anyway, but that’s probably a small number,” Baden said.
I just want to understand..Why do you and others consistently harp about a relative few deaths not being counted...and literally NEVER agree that the true numbers of untested infected absolutely destroys the mortality rate?

Who do you think made the biggest difference for the Union in the Battle of Gettysburg?
I did the Gettysburg tour many years ago and what I remembered most was one thing the tour guide said about the 1st day of the battle. He said that one of the Confederate regiments showed up about 15 minutes too late to establish higher ground vs the Union troops. Higher ground is what won the Gettysburg battle for the union troops.

Who do you think made the biggest difference for the Union in the Battle of Gettysburg?
John Buford...The Union would have had no high ground to hold, and instead they would have probably been the ones getting slaughtered trying to take those ridges...probably like Fredericksburg all over again.

Reactions: drvenner
Biggest gaff of Gettysburg...Lee sending Pickett into all those cannons. Run that charge through a simulator 1000 times. I would bet it loses every one of them.
Would’ve worked better if Stuart had made it through on the 3rd day. Ill advised either way probably.

Could also argue that they lost Gettysburg at Chancellorsville. Jackson probably takes Culps Hill on day 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back