Former Colorado Rockies All-Star Todd Helton sentenced to two days in jail following DUI arrest

Franklin Pierce

KNOXVILLE, Tenn. -- Former All-Star first baseman Todd Helton pleaded guilty to driving under the influence as a first offense and has served 48 hours in jail as part of his sentence.

Helton crashed his vehicle on March 18, 2019, in Knox County and required emergency medical care. No other cars were involved and one else was hurt. Helton was given a misdemeanor citation for DUI.

Ex-Rockies 1B Helton sentenced to 2 days in jail

Dummy.
I got no problem with drinking. But getting behind the wheel of a car after doing so is boneheaded.

48hrs is BS. What if that would have been a family that he crashed into. Anybody that gets drunk and drives is a POS, I dont care who you are..

Having a brother who actually did 6 months in prison for multiple DUI's and being a product of an alcoholic home from which I'm still trying to recover well into my 60's....I HAVE ZERO TOLERANCE FOR THIS STUFF...call me sanctimonious if you like but alcohol has destroyed far more homes, marriages, children, careers etc (and we all know that's true) than any other thing in this world. Terribly sad!!

48hrs is BS. What if that would have been a family that he crashed into. Anybody that gets drunk and drives is a POS, I dont care who you are..

If he crashed into someone, he would have been facing more serious charges.

VN Store

Back