Realistically, do you believe there will be a 2020 season?

Will there be a 2020 college football season?

• Total voters
Lol. I admire your warped priorities. Who cares about trying to save lives? Save the college football season!

Football is more important than saving lives? Next time you are in danger, remind me to just wish you would stop screaming while you perish because I will be too busy checking scores.

Football is more important than saving lives? Next time you are in danger, remind me to just wish you would stop screaming while you perish because I will be too busy checking scores.

His post quoted a previous post of mine that he somehow interpreted as me saying that I think football is more important than saving lives. The thread is about will there be football season, so I did center the post around football season, but he took it way out of context and made the sarcastic post you quoted.

His post quoted a previous post of mine that he somehow interpreted as me saying that I think football is more important than saving lives. The thread is about will there be football season, so I did center the post around football season, but he took it way out of context and made the sarcastic post you quoted.

OK well noted. So if he is drowning, quit checking scores and do something. Like had that happened, I would have not. Just took it at face value.

We get it....in every post you claim you will not watch football, yet here you are in the FOOTBALL forum posting away.

Just bored with social distancing. My family will watch live, and if there are no targeting calls? I might watch the replay on cable. Doesn't mean I don't love the Vols. Just means I am past the nonsense.

Last edited:
Just a guess but I suspect that if they want to order the quantity of concessions and such necessary to hold the games then they need to place the orders soon. That's just one part but cancelling orders of that magnitude comes at a price.

If they play in empty stadiums? I doubt concessions will be a priority.

Reactions: MaTaLa
if students are not allowed back on campus July 1, no way normal season timeline happens.. that would mean student / athletes wouldn't show up until August at the earliest... then if August has not students back, you're looking at season happening in spring at best.. I would be surprised if they started season in like October when the anticipation is virus resurgence happening in fall / winter..

you can kind of predict timeline..

If guidelines are pushed to end of May (not saying they will, but right now know one knows)

Then likely students on campus pushed to August or later. That eliminates September start for football, IMO.. not sure what they would propose as alternative start..

If students allowed back July 1, season has a chance.. Saban idea is a good one, let programs have 14 days in July since spring missed.. players will need it..

they will follow medical advice...

if students are not allowed back on campus July 1, no way normal season timeline happens.. that would mean student / athletes wouldn't show up until August at the earliest... then if August has not students back, you're looking at season happening in spring at best.. I would be surprised if they started season in like October when the anticipation is virus resurgence happening in fall / winter..

you can kind of predict timeline..

If guidelines are pushed to end of May (not saying they will, but right now know one knows)

Then likely students on campus pushed to August or later. That eliminates September start for football, IMO.. not sure what they would propose as alternative start..

If students allowed back July 1, season has a chance.. Saban idea is a good one, let programs have 14 days in July since spring missed.. players will need it..

they will follow medical advice...

It's just a cluster. In my family's case, my son was scheduled to graduate WCU in December 2020 - extended a semester solely be cause of one class (tectonics) that he needs to graduate. I'm thinking this schedule might be shifted another semester, too. Sorry. Just commiserating.

Hope you’re fully recovered

He said not all people need it. But I don’t know why anyone would automatically think that such a general statement could be applied to their specific situation. Low risk people should not be getting tested unless they’re defying guidelines by being around a lot of people or there are just a ton of available test kits for them

I appreciate it man and for the most part, I feel well. I deliver mail and visit a lot of elderly places so I was terrified. Of course when my doctor said "yeah you might have it or maybe h1n1 but you are healthy so don't go around anyone for 72 hours after your fever breaks" that made me pretty nervous but my fever only peaked to 100.5 (that i know) and I just had the worst muscle cramps in my back and legs for at least 3 days and a massive headache for about 4 days. Just minor coughing and no shortness of breath. Would give anything to take an antibody test because i miss touching my face 😂😂

May play games with no live spectators. Shift the fan to internet

if no vaccine, its going to be difficult to let players practice everyday with all the physical contact without knowing if someone on that field had the virus or not.. no way they will be able to test everyone every day. I just don't see how you let that happen..

if no vaccine, its going to be difficult to let players practice everyday with all the physical contact without knowing if someone on that field had the virus or not.. no way they will be able to test everyone every day. I just don't see how you let that happen..

With no spring or summer conditioning, the NCAA won't risk a season in 2020.

Inquiring minds must know, in your own words, why you are so adamant on no football being played in 2020.

I'm not "adamant" about anything other than taking the spread of this disease seriously.

It's looking like June will be the earliest if it's even possible to get the players back in the weight room, that leaves little time to get physically ready to have a fall camp and start playing 90 days later.

I'm not "adamant" about anything other than taking the spread of this disease seriously.

It's looking like June will be the earliest if it's even possible to get the players back in the weight room, that leaves little time to get physically ready to have a fall camp and start playing 90 days later.

won't be June. Campus closed until July 1 at this time.. if April 30 date extends, I'm guessing July will no no students on campus.. some schools have closed campus as far as through September..

won't be June. Campus closed until July 1 at this time.. if April 30 date extends, I'm guessing July will no no students on campus.. some schools have closed campus as far as through September..

Widespread serology testing will hopefully be available by mid-May, and that could open up some options that are currently unavailable.

If you think these players aren't working out you're clueless. I haven't missed a training day since this whole mess started....granted I can't go to my gym, but I can still do all of my free weight essentials (bench, squat, and deadlift). These players are staying in shape.

Trends are looking better and better and it looks like we peak this week. Models are already showing a leveling, thank God and all thank all the people working tirelessly during this time. I think there is growing optimism the 30th deadline will NOT be extended, but it's just the 6th right now and around the 20th or so I think the CDC and the administration will have a very good idea where we are at with this. So far all indications are that we are going under the model projections in fatalities, but we need to keep following directions and keep social distancing going until the deadline is lifted. If we stay the course, I think the light at the end of the tunnel will be shining in a few more weeks. God Bless us all and everyone do their part. Keep the faith. GBO!!!!

If you think these players aren't working out you're clueless. I haven't missed a training day since this whole mess started....granted I can't go to my gym, but I can still do all of my free weight essentials (bench, squat, and deadlift). These players are staying in shape.

I can promise you, most of these kids are not as dedicated as you are. It takes someone driving them constantly.. SC staff is in contact with them and giving them things to do but making them do it is up to Mom and Dad..

I recall an offensive line of ours just 8-10 years ago who didn't have very good strength coaches. The went into weight room and just wrote down on sheet what they wanted and did nothing as far as working out.. Dooley era..

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
I can promise you, most of these kids are not as dedicated as you are. It takes someone driving them constantly.. SC staff is in contact with them and giving them things to do but making them do it is up to Mom and Dad..

I recall an offensive line of ours just 8-10 years ago who didn't have very good strength coaches. The went into weight room and just wrote down on sheet what they wanted and did nothing as far as working out.. Dooley era..
Butch era was worse and that has been one of the big differences between us and Bama, Clemson, etc.....and I have a lot more confidence in Pruitt making sure they are doing what they are supposed to than the two clowns before him.

These kids can't take months off at a time and expect to keep the gains they had let alone get bigger, stronger, and faster.

Butch era was worse and that has been one of the big differences between us and Bama, Clemson, etc.....and I have a lot more confidence in Pruitt making sure they are doing what they are supposed to than the two clowns before him.

These kids can't take months off at a time and expect to keep the gains they had let alone get bigger, stronger, and faster.

I agree. and certainly hope Pruitt has a way to see that they are doing something. But not sure how many have the access to proper equipment either...

VN Store

Back