"If" there's no football season.....

We’re already past that. If you’re still buying **** made in China, I hope there’s no other choice. We’ve gotta end our romance with those animals.

Too many globalists who only care about money. Italy was hit so hard because they've imported so many Chinese workers who brought the virus back. That is globalism. Only thing this will do is wreck our freedom.

Reactions: 508mikey
Too many globalists who only care about money. Italy was hit so hard because they've imported so many Chinese workers who brought the virus back. That is globalism. Only thing this will do is wreck our freedom.

No it's not, ffs quit spreading misinformation. The first two cases where a pair of Chinese TOURISTS who entered the country because Italy didn't close their airports soon enough, just like us, and the third was a repatriated Italian citizen who returned from China.

On 31 January, the first two cases of COVID-19 were confirmed in Rome. A Chinese couple, originally from Wuhan, who had arrived in Italy on 23 January via Milan Malpensa Airport, travelled from the airport to Verona, then to Parma, arriving in Rome on 28 January. The next afternoon, they developed a cough, and by evening the man had a fever; the couple were taken to Lazzaro Spallanzani National Institute for Infectious Diseases where they tested positive for SARS-CoV-2 and were hospitalised.[23][2] On 31 January, the Italian government suspended all flights to and from China and declared a state of emergency with the duration of six months. Prime Minister Giuseppe Conte said Italy was the first EU country to take this kind of precautionary measure.[24] The government also introduced thermal scanners and temperature checks on international passengers arriving at Italian airports.[21]

On 6 February, an Italian repatriated from Wuhan tested positive for COVID-19, bringing the total number of cases in Italy to three.[25]

On 22 February, the repatriated Italian recovered and was discharged from the hospital.[26] On 22 and 26 February, the two previously infected Chinese tourists tested negative for COVID-19 at Lazzaro Spallanzani National Institute in Rome.[27]
2020 coronavirus pandemic in Italy - Wikipedia

No it's not, ffs quit spreading misinformation. The first two cases where a pair of Chinese TOURISTS who entered the country because Italy didn't close their airports soon enough, just like us, and the third was a repatriated Italian citizen who returned from China.

2020 coronavirus pandemic in Italy - Wikipedia
I’ve got a friend in Italy that said they were fine basically until they weren’t. Basically facilities got overwhelmed and the death toll shot up drastically from there. We’ve got a better system IMO but we’re seeing a breakdown right now especially in New York. When the healthcare workers can’t get proper protective gear and become infected themselves at some point it’s tough to find the personnel to care for the patients.

A lot of people are still clueless on here. If we don’t wake up as a country this is going to be much worse than it has to be.

I’ve got a friend in Italy that said they were fine basically until they weren’t. Basically facilities got overwhelmed and the death toll shot up drastically from there. We’ve got a better system IMO but we’re seeing a breakdown right now especially in New York. When the healthcare workers can’t get proper protective gear and become infected themselves at some point it’s tough to find the personnel to care for the patients.

A lot of people are still clueless on here. If we don’t wake up as a country this is going to be much worse than it has to be.

We're going to end up like Italy or worse if we don't try to limit our contact with each other and stop the rampant transmission of the virus. We can put another 100k ventilators in service and it still won't matter if we don't have qualified personnel to run them.
The U.S. Has Fewer Physicians and Hospital Beds Per Capita Than Italy and Other Countries Overwhelmed by COVID-19

The longer people wait and pretend this is "just a flu" or "just an attempt to sabotage Trump's reelection" the longer it will take to get the virus contained, and actually get back on the road to financial recovery.

Last edited:
I know all current players will receive redshirts, but if the high schools do go back and follow a shortened school schedule guidelines or the leave no child behind guidelines. So essentially you have a whole team granted another year. What do you think the NCAA would do with all the 2021 class of signees??? They'd have to up the scholarship numbers... correct???

P.S. I do think we will have a season, was just wondering what my fellow vol brothers and sisters thought. GO VOLS🍊🏈🏀⚾🥎 VFL!!! God bless you all and errrrbody stay safe ✌

I can't see high schools playing if there is no college football or NFL this season. I would be heartbroken for the seniors in high school! 😭😭😭

Last edited:
Reactions: UTDB#1
FREAK - shouldn't "No Football 2020" have it's own Forum? These endless posts of negativity are not for the weak of heart.

thanks

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
So, if there's no 2020 season, what would that look like for schedules? Would the 2020 schedule be played in 2021, and all future schedules shifted to the following year? Or would 2020's slate just be cancelled and then 2021 pick up there?

I’m glad I received my cc permit a few days ago.

Why?

I'm all for having the right to bear arms, but
do you really believe rioting is on the cusp?

Think about it.
That's the exact OPPOSITE of social distancing.

Why?

I'm all for having the right to bear arms, but
do you really believe rioting is on the cusp?

Think about it.
That's the exact OPPOSITE of social distancing.
Nope. Mine is in case I have to go to grocery store and keep what I just bought from being taken. I had a friend’s wife get confronted at Walker Springs Sams Club parking lot by a couple of guys wanting to see what she bought. She wasn’t carrying then. Is now. Shook her up.

Gee, I am amazed something that was happening right now was canceled. We are talking about 5 months from now not now. smh

What changes in 5 months. Wimdbledon was cancelled, the British open. All happen weeks before fall practice. So barring a vaccine, do you think people over age of 60 feel good about attending a game in 5 months? Do you feel players will be ok with being in close quarters with students and their teammates? I hope I'm wrong, but I dont see a change heading our way.

I’ll go with the Stanford and Harvard infectious disease experts.

In the coronavirus pandemic, we're making decisions without reliable data

Do you listen to him all the time, or only when he makes statements that you want to latch onto because you feel like they support your unsubstantiated opinions?

“We let things get out of hand,” said Michael Mina, assistant professor of epidemiology. “So now the place that we’re left in is we have to absolutely beat this down with a hammer and get to near zero cases.”

“social distancing is absolutely the way that we will control and reduce the transmission of this virus in the population,” said Michael Mina.

“Now is the time where we actually do want to start thinking, ‘Well, do I really need to take that trip to go on vacation?’” said Michael Mina. “If it were me, I think I would probably try to decrease my risk as much as possible, and one way to do that is reducing travel.”

Mass testing also helps impress upon the populace the disease’s seriousness, said Michael Mina. “South Korea banked on people changing their behavior as a result of massive testing,” he said. “And that has shown pretty extraordinary benefit to curbing an epidemic that was really roaring.”

https://www.hsph.harvard.edu/news/hsph-in-the-news/the-latest-on-the-coronavirus/

Do you listen to him all the time, or only when he makes statements that you want to latch onto because you feel like they support your unsubstantiated opinions?

“We let things get out of hand,” said Michael Mina, assistant professor of epidemiology. “So now the place that we’re left in is we have to absolutely beat this down with a hammer and get to near zero cases.”

“social distancing is absolutely the way that we will control and reduce the transmission of this virus in the population,” said Michael Mina.

“Now is the time where we actually do want to start thinking, ‘Well, do I really need to take that trip to go on vacation?’” said Michael Mina. “If it were me, I think I would probably try to decrease my risk as much as possible, and one way to do that is reducing travel.”

Mass testing also helps impress upon the populace the disease’s seriousness, said Michael Mina. “South Korea banked on people changing their behavior as a result of massive testing,” he said. “And that has shown pretty extraordinary benefit to curbing an epidemic that was really roaring.”
https://www.hsph.harvard.edu/news/hsph-in-the-news/the-latest-on-the-coronavirus/

No, unlike you I am open and look at everything. My point is it wasn’t my gut. I don’t believe everything I read or hear at face value AND some experts as this goes along see some positives that could mean less lives loss. I am social distancing and only go get what I need BUT never and still don’t think 1-2 million were ever going to die. It’s been here for longer. You on the other hand latch on to the negative just like the legions of the miserable and attack anyone who show anything positive. Some experts like Mina can admit they didn’t and don’t know everything and change their view. I hope he’s right and we can get to a point our children can enjoy this great country and not stand in bread lines. Experts especially with something like this can’t be wrong so will hold onto their view regardless. Sorta like you. Glad we have some Mina’s out there.

I can see some sort of pay per view whereas you pay for a game and the school and media can recover some profit and costs. I am ok with playing games with teams that have all been tested, no symptoms on game days, without a crowd or maybe a crowd of tested fans that go through some sort of protocol to get access. Where there is will there is a way. I am all for using the tremendous brainpower of Americans to get some live sports back on TV. I miss my Braves, lost basketball playoffs, miss my Lady Vols Softball and Men's baseball. I am a graduate of UT in systems engineering. I could help figure this out. Just a matter want to and no letting the lemmings take us over the ledge.

VN Store

Back