Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

It isn't the media coverage. He brings this stuff on himself. He's had some good press conferences (and I've said so on here). But he's also fallen back on his old habits as well.

Oh come on. I agree he's his own worst enemy but if you think the media generally gives him a fair shake I don't know what to say.

That said, he's getting good marks on handling it (higher than his overall approval) and virtually every story about his handling of it is negative.

In just 5 days......

Trump dismissed coronavirus pandemic worry in January — now claims he long warned about it

March 12:It’s going to go away. ... The United States, because of what I did and what the administration did with China, we have 32 deaths at this point … when you look at the kind of numbers that you’re seeing coming out of other countries, it’s pretty amazing when you think of it.”

March 15: “This is a very contagious virus. It’s incredible. But it’s something that we have tremendous control over.”

March 16: “If you’re talking about the virus, no, that’s not under control for any place in the world.”

March 17: “I’ve always known this is a, this is a real, this is a pandemic … I’ve felt that it was a pandemic long before it was called a pandemic.”

Cognitive dissonance - Wikiquote

Leaders generally want to calm fears. That's what he tried to do. Then the press tries to play gotcha. We the people are sick of that crap. The Press has lower approval ratings than Trump and Congress. That's saying something

Reactions: volfanjustin
What does that have to do with his attempt at revisionism?

His actions have shown he's taken the situation seriously.

Guess Nancy's guilty too...

Nancy Pelosi Visits San Francisco’s Chinatown Amid Coronavirus Concerns

Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi toured San Francisco's Chinatown Monday to send a message. She said there's no reason tourists or locals should be staying away from the area because of coronavirus concerns.

"That’s what we’re trying to do today is to say everything is fine here," Pelosi said. "Come because precautions have been taken. The city is on top of the situation."

Oh come on. I agree he's his own worst enemy but if you think the media generally gives him a fair shake I don't know what to say.

That said, he's getting good marks on handling it (higher than his overall approval) and virtually every story about his handling of it is negative.
Last poll I saw he basically had a 50/50 approval to disapproval rating on handling covid-19. And that isn't surprising given the current political climate. He's done some stuff well, he's made some mistakes too. This is uncharted territory we are in. Any President, including a Democrat, would probably have the same kind of numbers.

Reactions: Weezer
Leaders generally want to calm fears. That's what he tried to do. Then the press tries to play gotcha. We the people are sick of that crap. The Press has lower approval ratings than Trump and Congress. That's saying something

Rank rationalization.....

I am truly beginning to wonder if he simply doesn't realize that the things he does and says are noted and that he expects the latest thing he says to be accepted as "absolute truth".

That's the most generous explanation for his actions I can come up with. The worst is that he's in the beginning stages (or not so beginning) of age-related dementia.

I'm hoping for the former, but genuinely afraid of the latter.

Reactions: Hunerwadel
His actions have shown he's taken the situation seriously.

Guess Nancy's guilty too...

Nancy Pelosi Visits San Francisco’s Chinatown Amid Coronavirus Concerns

Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi toured San Francisco's Chinatown Monday to send a message. She said there's no reason tourists or locals should be staying away from the area because of coronavirus concerns.

"That’s what we’re trying to do today is to say everything is fine here," Pelosi said. "Come because precautions have been taken. The city is on top of the situation."

Yeah.... that's crap, too.

But of the two which one is the supposed leader of the free world?

Reactions: Hunerwadel
Last poll I saw he basically had a 50/50 approval to disapproval rating on handling covid-19. And that isn't surprising given the current political climate. He's done some stuff well, he's made some mistakes too. This is uncharted territory we are in. Any President, including a Democrat, would probably have the same kind of numbers.

I'd give the full response of the government a B and Trump a B-.

Every story I read highlights the mistakes (or presumed mistakes).

Take the hydroxychloroquine stuff - he was lambasted for saying he was optimistic about early results. I guarantee his team pushed for the off-label use and now FDA approval of use. That's a win but it's still treated as a "mistake".
WaPo headline - FDA authorizes widespread use of unproven drugs to treat coronavirus, saying possible benefit outweighs risk

The article is almost entirely about the problems this drug could cause. It barely mentions that it is being used around the world both as treatment and preventative.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2020/03/30/coronavirus-drugs-hydroxychloroquin-chloroquine/

If Trump hadn't advocated this or downplayed it the story would be 180.

Coronavirus Jailbreak: Eight Sex Offenders Freed in Cuomo’s New York

Eight sex offenders, three of which were convicted for raping children, were released in the state of New York as a statewide initiative led by Governor Andrew Cuomo (D) to empty prisons in fear that inmates will contract the Chinese coronavirus.

Andrew-Cuomo-311-640x480.jpg

This weekend, the Monroe County, New York, jail freed more than 50 inmates from their custody as part of the state’s Department of Corrections and Community Services jailbreak effort in the midst of the coronavirus, according to WIVB 4.

Among those 50 inmates released were eight sex offenders, three of which were convicted for raping a child. Even as the New York state courts have deemed the sex offenders likely to re-victimize children, they were released.

Coronavirus Jailbreak: Eight Sex Offenders Freed in Cuomo's New York

Multiple members of the radical liberal left have said this man is a true leader.

Reactions: Franklin Pierce

A confident and poised leader, when confronted with questions that make him face his prior mistakes, would either admit them and turn the question by saying "and here is what we've done since" or, if he thought the question unfair, say so and explain why.

Trump's style of berating the press for even asking the question, then personally insulting them, gives away his ego-based character flaws.

A confident and poised leader, when confronted with questions that make him face his prior mistakes, would either admit them and turn the question by saying "and here is what we've done since" or, if he thought the question unfair, say so and explain why.

Trump's style of berating the press for even asking the question, then personally insulting them, gives away his ego-based character flaws.

Yes he has character flaws. Doesn't change that he gets ridiculous questions and coverage.

VN Store

Back