Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
The story from the Gallatin nursing home keeps getting closer to home as at this moment, 25 patients from there are being moved to my wife's hospital and many of them have already tested positive.

No fan of the PRC, I believe we are in an economic war with them and do get frustrated that politicians on both sides of the aisle have let them get away with corporate espionage and copyright infringement, not to mention their military espionage. They are our primary geopolitical advisory of the 21st century and people don't want to face that fact if they think they can make money off of them. (If I were the President I would stick it to them by arming Taiwan and Vietnam to the hilt. It would make them crazy.)

But while their food distribution system and their desire to stifle all criticism is to blame for this pandemic, I don't doubt that their extreme isolation methodology has produced positive results. Problem is that you could never use that course of action here. So we're heading down a long road that is going to be economically and emotionally devastating.
China is too big geographically, and especially in population to police. They could shut cities down to a high degree (maybe) but there is no way they could police or doctor the heavily populated, and basically third world at best rural China...it is just too freakin big.

I'm not an epidemiologist (goes without saying), but I think it's going to be regional. Different parts will peak at different times. And so much will depend on state-by-state and local mitigation measures.

This won't be "over" for a long time yet. So much depends on resurgence potential, and we just don't know what that looks like. China isn't terribly trustworthy and South Korea seems to have done a much better job than anyone else.

Once a peak happens, does it come back with loosened restrictions? What happens when travel loosens up between cities, between states, and between countries?

We need pharmaceutical intervention in the worst way. It's the only way to be sure.
We can't shut down the country for too much longer...it has already devastated a lot of small business owners here...odd you won't hear Bash-ear talking about that...this is destroying peoples lives and livelihoods.

The smarter, more logical thing to do would be for high risk folks to quarantine, help that group financially and logistically, and make nursing homes more secure by equipping them with the quick result tests for anybody going in or out till this passes.

The VAST majority of serious infection is among that group. That would be far less damaging, and they should already be staying away from everybody else.

Fffffffffffffffffffff

It says the healthcare lobby in TN got their way at the expense of individual liberty.

It says that despite TN not having the exponential curve everyone is panicked about, that our Governor has given into political pressure.

It says that sooner or later some over-zealous law officer and some nearly-anarchist citizen have probably been set on a collision course.

It says that rather than punish the people truly being irresponsible by traveling to virus hotspots or exposing the sick/elderly; the entire populous is subject to be harrassed for trying to go pick up a prescription.

It says we are one step closer to not having football regardless of whether it is a risk or not. I am all for addressing risks, but this decision was not fact based. It happened because of the Sumner Co nursing home situation and the press it is going to get.

It says the healthcare lobby in TN got their way at the expense of individual liberty.

It says that despite TN not having the exponential curve everyone is panicked about, that our Governor has given into political pressure.

It says that sooner or later some over-zealous law officer and some nearly-anarchist citizen have probably been set on a collision course.

It says that rather than punish the people truly being irresponsible by traveling to virus hotspots or exposing the sick/elderly; the entire populous is subject to be harrassed for trying to go pick up a prescription.

It says we are one step closer to not having football regardless of whether it is a risk or not. I am all for addressing risks, but this decision was not fact based. It happened because of the Sumner Co nursing home situation and the press it is going to get.

My work has already given us our letters, to keep in our car, declaring us essential. I think it has been trending towards this for a least 2 weeks. All about easing us into the “safe at home” guidelines, IMO.

WV gov just stated state police would be getting involved with out of state vehicles here in WV. Not sure how’s he gonna pull that off?! We both have Ohio plates on our work vehicles too, lol.

Yes Conway was one of the companies we bought out in 2015 along with several others during that time or before. Conway was probably the best of the companies XPO bought out so far. Made XPO basically the 2nd largest LTL company in the country overnight just behind Old Dominion and just ahead of Fedex freight.

But I work in our Last Mile division for home deliveries and installs.
i was a shop supervisor for Conway back in the day. i miss working there.

Reactions: CeJayVols
My coronavirus story for venting purposes only:
Mom died in TN Jan 13th/ from long term conditions/but ended with, unknown at the time, Coronavirus conditions
Came to South Florida with my best buddy to fish/relax late Feb/early March
Friend became suddenly ill like a stroke about 10 days ago
Took Friend to Cleveland Clinic in Weston and was diagnosed with a brain tumor within an hour
Brain Surgery within 2 days
Quarantined with no help, no family, taking care of a brain surgery patient
China sucks and i haven't seen my dogs in a month
Did i mention China sucks?
My only peace is reading what all of you post
Pray.
Wow. So sorry. All the positive thoughts I can muster along with my prayers are coming your way.

I honestly think it's more likely that regions will secede in blocs rather than states seceding individually. Different regions have different priorities and a lot of divisions are based around areas larger than individual states. If Balkanization does occur here in the future, that is how it will go down imo.
I think we should Shermans March them into the Pacific if they do. Our ancestors fought and died to preserve the Union...the blood spilled in the Civil War alone...wow.

It wasn't right when a few idiots in Texas started that crap when Obama was in charge and it isn't right now. Until freedoms guaranteed by the constitution are legitimately wholesale destroyed, not just eaten away at a little..then no state has a right to pitch a little bitch fit cause they don't get their way.

Burn em if they do.

Or, maybe it happened to get ahead of it more to restore some semblance of normalcy sooner, again because peeps don't need to run to weigels every dang day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back