Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

Bill Lee is as worthless as teats on a boar hog. Our state elected an AC repair man as governor. Maybe he can change everyone's HVAC filters?

"Make" Trump look bad? They don't have to "make" him look bad, they simply show clips of him speaking and he's an idiot. He does it all on his own.
Oh, I know.
I was pointing out the amazing ability the Trumpers have of totally ignoring the actual quote and jumping straight to some type of media bias conspiracy BS.

Reactions: Purple Tiger
Interesting take
What the Media Isn't Telling You About the United States' Coronavirus Case Numbers
The confirmed cases to death ratio for Italy and US tell a much different story.

Yes, in fact comparing the U.S. and other Western nations, we have a very low per capita infection and death rates; we are a pack leader. I find stories easily touting Germany, but comparing death rates shows a rate of 3.79/million for Germany and the U.S. with 4.32/million. Germany fares worse in confirmed infection with 616/million and the U.S. with 381/million.

PJ Media What the Media Isn't Telling You About the United States' Coronavirus Case Numbers uses data from Center for Systems Science and Engineering at Johns Hopkins University as of 2:30 pm ET March 27).

Coronavirus Update (Live): 621,592 Cases and 28,791 Deaths from COVID-19 Virus Outbreak - Worldometer has slightly different numbers but about the same spread between rates. Sorting by date of first reported infection shows the U.S. is doing remarkably well among Western nations, better even than countries who detected infection 1-5 weeks after the U.S.

At this point we tested more people than any country. Testing has ramped up ferociously the past two weeks and that acceleration will continue for some time, leveling up per capita testing numbers. Regardless, our low death rate attests to the fact we're in as good shape as Western peers and better than the bulk of them.

Considering that they are the hardest hit area, and I turn on my local news and they are wearing the same masks over and over and begging for ventilators and supplies, I am going to be glad he's pushing.. If there are too many--then GOOD. Better too many then too few and we have to choose between who lives and dies.

The masks are a separate issue. I understand the shortage, but I don’t want to conflate the two.

A ventilator is a sophisticated piece of equipment. It will take significant time for new manufacturers to produce (e.g. Ford, GM, etc).

I think it’s good to get more ventilators produced, but I don’t think it’s good for NY to get thousands of additional ventilators that may not be needed or used.

Too many ventilators in NY means people in other states will go without.

He has been governor of NY since 2011. The decision to ration ventilators instead of buying 16,000 more to replenish the stockpile happened under his watch in 2015.

I respect the urgency he is working with to fix the shortage, but it’s no time for pointing fingers when you’re largely responsible for the shortage you currently have.

It’s a little late. Several years ago, after learning that the Empire State’s stockpile of medical equipment had 16,000 fewer ventilators than the 18,000 New Yorkers would need in a severe pandemic, state public-health leaders came to a fork in the road.

They could have chosen to buy more ventilators to back up the supplies hospitals maintain. Instead, the health commissioner, Howard Zucker, assembled a task force for rationing the ventilators they already had.

In 2015, that task force came up with rules that will be imposed when ventilators run short. Patients assigned a red code will have highest access, and other patients will be assigned green, yellow or blue (the worst), depending on a “triage officer’s” decision.

In truth, a death officer. Let’s not sugar-coat it. It won’t be up to your own doctor.

In 2015, the state could have purchased the additional 16,000 needed ventilators for $36,000 apiece, or a total of $576 million. It’s a lot of money, but in hindsight, spending half a percent of the budget to prepare for pandemic was the right thing to do.

https://nypost.com/2020/03/19/we-di...rtage-leaders-chose-not-to-prep-for-pandemic/

Intolerance isn't found in just xenophobia and racism. Hate is the powerful drug, and several people here are in denial about being addicted to it.
I agree, some are. Some people are only comfortable when they have a defined enemy. The basis of Trumpism.
I hate hate.
I hate hating the POTUS.
56 years of not hating the POTUS were far more preferable than these past 3 years of hating the POTUS.

VN Store

Back