Tyler Bray re-signs with the Bears

That kid was a gun slinger. Great arm. Good for him.

His immaturity while he was at UT held him and the program back at the time. However, it is great to see him make a career in the NFL and to have earned the money he has made. NFL teams would not keep a knucklehead around to be a practice squad player. I hope he gets a legit chance befoe he retires.

His immaturity while he was at UT held him and the program back at the time. However, it is great to see him make a career in the NFL and to have earned the money he has made. NFL teams would not keep a knucklehead around to be a practice squad player. I hope he gets a legit chance befoe he retires.
The defense is what held the program back. TN could score during his final year. Defense couldn't stop a dead man from scoring that year though.

I just wish we could’ve seen what Bray would’ve turned into if Coach Cut would’ve taken the job.

Reactions: AllVols
The defense is what held the program back. TN could score during his final year. Defense couldn't stop a dead man from scoring that year though.

I went back a few months ago and looked at Bray's last year and we averaged around 32 points per game.....Scored over 35-40 a few times. Scored 48 (forty eight) against Missouri............................and LOST!! Scored 44 against UGA and lost...... scored 31 against Miss State and lost....scored 35 against USCe and lost....

I’ll catch heat for this, but I think Tyler Bray was the most physically gifted thrower of a football I’ve seen at Tennessee.
Bray had a fantastic arm and was accurate as all get out, BUT when he was in a challenging situation or in a big game he crumbled everytime. Granted the defense cost him a bunch of wins, because he done more than enough to win games but in crucial moments he choked.

Reactions: VolDave53
I went back a few months ago and looked at Bray's last year and we averaged around 32 points per game.....Scored over 35-40 a few times. Scored 48 (forty eight) against Missouri............................and LOST!! Scored 44 against UGA and lost...... scored 31 against Miss State and lost....scored 35 against USCe and lost....

That 2012 UT defense was wretched. But in a weird twist, the defense bowed up late against UGA, and Bray single-handedly lost the game in the 4th quarter.

Is it just situational with him, i.e., never got the right chance? Obviously he is talented or he would have never hung on this long as a backup. He has an arm, that's for sure!

VN Store

Back