Why Geno outdid Pat.

He asked me to start my own thread so I did. Just fer fun but some peoples ain't got no funny bone.

Coach, please don't ask our friend gule to go jump in the lake....He may do it.
giphy.gif

Geno teaches O and D equally where Pat put her emphasis on D mostly. And it shows with our current and previous coach.

He's definitely outdone Pat because she went way too soon, but let's look at the time that their tenures overlapped...1985-2012. Geno won 7 national titles, Summit won 8.
Exactly. Without the Alzheimer's diagnosis, does anyone think that Pat was done winning national championships? It's anyone's guess... but I sure don't think so.

funny how a thread is started for Pat and it becomes Geno land,,,and then a thread is started for Geno and it becomes pat land

Reactions: stlvolsfan
Exactly. Without the Alzheimer's diagnosis, does anyone think that Pat was done winning national championships? It's anyone's guess... but I sure don't think so.
She might not have been completely done winning championships, but the sport was becoming more competitive and Geno really started to go on a roll in 2008 where his UConn teams were simply more dominant than Pat's (and everyone else's). I think it is likely that if Pat was still around and coaching with no health issues, Geno probably would have still passed her, but who knows.

Geno did not outdo Pat nor will he in the future. Ask the question Greatest Woman's College Basketball Coach and the first name that comes to mind is Coach Pat Head Summit and not anybody else. He is not in the same league with her and will always be 2nd or 3rd which is very unfortunate for you. Everybody knows CPHS and will list her over What's his name 9 out of 10 times.

VN Store

Back