Jonathan Kongbo signs with 49ers

VolsnRavens

Glad to see he is getting his chance in the NFL. He had so much potential while here, and another player I'll wonder if CBJ screwed up.

"
SAN FRANCISCO — Former University of Tennessee football player Jonathan Kongbo won a championship in his first season as a professional.
Kongbo, who was a top draft pick in the 2019 Canadian Football League after sustaining a season-ending knee injury in the Volunteers’ 2018 victory at Auburn, was selected by the Winnipeg Blue Bombers, where he helped the team win the 2019 Grey Cup.

He was released by Winnipeg following its championship season to pursue NFL opportunities.
The former Vol will get his chance to play in the league as he signed with the NFC champion San Francisco 49ers last month.
Kongbo had a late start to the season as he continued to rehabilitate a knee injury he suffered while playing for Tennessee.
He made 12 tackles and one sack for the Blue Bombers in 12 regular-season games.

good to see this opportunity for him, the guy has the physical size to play in the NFL, hope he can hone his
skills to play well, another Vol in the NFL is always good news

Reactions: VolsnRavens
Glad to see he is getting his chance in the NFL. He had so much potential while here, and another player I'll wonder if CBJ screwed up.

"
SAN FRANCISCO — Former University of Tennessee football player Jonathan Kongbo won a championship in his first season as a professional.
Kongbo, who was a top draft pick in the 2019 Canadian Football League after sustaining a season-ending knee injury in the Volunteers’ 2018 victory at Auburn, was selected by the Winnipeg Blue Bombers, where he helped the team win the 2019 Grey Cup.

He was released by Winnipeg following its championship season to pursue NFL opportunities.
The former Vol will get his chance to play in the league as he signed with the NFC champion San Francisco 49ers last month.
Kongbo had a late start to the season as he continued to rehabilitate a knee injury he suffered while playing for Tennessee.
He made 12 tackles and one sack for the Blue Bombers in 12 regular-season games.

A two word response. Derek Barnett.

Maybe he would of been better if he was fat lol

Definitely when he played out of position in the interior lol. He underwhelmed with pass rushing but I think that's because he was super raw/lacked that acceleration. I think with the right mentor, training, coaching staff he could become a solid end. He has good length to make a difference in the run game.

Reactions: RockyTopTexas
Definitely when he played out of position in the interior lol. He underwhelmed with pass rushing but I think that's because he was super raw/lacked that acceleration. I think with the right mentor, training, coaching staff he could become a solid end. He has good length to make a difference in the run game.
You have to take one. Kongbo or McKenzie ?

VN Store

Back