"If" there's no football season.....

UTDB#1

I know all current players will receive redshirts, but if the high schools do go back and follow a shortened school schedule guidelines or the leave no child behind guidelines. So essentially you have a whole team granted another year. What do you think the NCAA would do with all the 2021 class of signees??? They'd have to up the scholarship numbers... correct???

P.S. I do think we will have a season, was just wondering what my fellow vol brothers and sisters thought. GO VOLS🍊🏈🏀⚾🥎 VFL!!! God bless you all and errrrbody stay safe ✌

At some point well before the football season the government just has to say "you know the risks and the best practice methods for avoiding contraction of the virus, do what you need and want to do." Beacuse if the countrys still in lock down by August we'll be worried about roving gangs of marauders and the consequences of marshall law; football will seem like a long lost fantansy world.

At some point well before the football season the government just has to say "you know the risks and the best practice methods for avoiding contraction of the virus, do what you need and want to do." Beacuse if the countrys still in lock down by August we'll be worried about roving gangs of marauders and the consequences of marshall law; football will seem like a long lost fantansy world.

I'm so glad I stocked up on ammo a few weeks back.

Unfortunately there won’t be a case where all members are redshirted. They’ll have simply lost a year. It sucks but a lot of people will have to realize they’re going to miss a lot of good times.
I think you are right. Sadly, but right....

Just itching to kill some folks, arent you?

Probably more like a feeling of relief that he can protect his family in case of the worst case scenario. I have done the same as those that should that can handle a firearm. Not everyone is "itching" for killing just precautious for protection.

The season will go on, most likely without fans in attendance. That’s just my opinion. Normalcy will not fully return until a vaccine has been found. We will improve in treatment capability which will allow for small gatherings (team sized).

Again, my opinion. Not a doctor or even affiliated with the medical field.

Reactions: 87&91ALUM
As for the initial premise (OP), I do believe that the NCAA can and should make exception such that student athletes are not harmed by the suspension of their respective sports - blanket additional year of eligibility, exceptions on roster caps for x# years, etc. After all, it's supposed to be about the student athletes.

As for the initial premise (OP), I do believe that the NCAA can and should make exception such that student athletes are not harmed by the suspension of their respective sports - blanket additional year of eligibility, exceptions on roster caps for x# years, etc. After all, it's supposed to be about the student athletes.
That sounds like what was done for a few seasons after WW2 for returning Soldiers.

Reactions: Tin Man
The season will go on, most likely without fans in attendance. That’s just my opinion. Normalcy will not fully return until a vaccine has been found. We will improve in treatment capability which will allow for small gatherings (team sized).

Again, my opinion. Not a doctor or even affiliated with the medical field.
Doubt it. If there’s a big enough risk that fans aren’t allowed to attend games they will not allow the team to play and expose student athletes to potential harm. Hopefully we’re ahead of schedule and have a vaccine by then.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
Unfortunately there won’t be a case where all members are redshirted. They’ll have simply lost a year. It sucks but a lot of people will have to realize they’re going to miss a lot of good times.
Sad but true.

It is possible. Your cynicism is based upon past inaction and inadequate action of the powers that be. The exception can happen. Your case is not true, even if it's more likely.

Sure seem to be a lot of alarmist on this site. The mortality rate for this illness is at the rate of the flu at worst. We need to stop the media driven panic. Any death is regrettable but since we are organisms death is also inevitable. We average 732 deaths per week in this country in transportation accidents. Should we shut down I-40?

Doubt it. If there’s a big enough risk that fans aren’t allowed to attend games they will not allow the team to play and expose student athletes to potential harm. Hopefully we’re ahead of schedule and have a vaccine by then.
Agree...if you back into the timing of the football season to happen, even an abbreviated one, you'd have to have a solution, which would have to be vetted at least for a few months before practice even started, then everyone would have to feel secure in going to a ball game. Just like everyone knew Olympics would be cancelled except in Japan, there's no way there's a football season. In my opinion...unless Trumps "very exciting vaccine drug" actually works.

I think we will have a football season. A lot of countries are relaxing on their lockdowns already. Some countries are even opening up schools in the next week. Trump has proposed slowly re-opening parts of the economy already and I heard suggestions that they are going to slowly start re-opening things especially to those of us that are not considered high risk. Since this is already being discussed, I have a feeling football season will be back on by Sept.

VN Store

Back