The Atlanta Braves Thread

For now yes, but at some point, really hard decisions will have to be made. At what point is a shut down more detrimental to our citizens? What’s the numbers of days or weeks?
Let’s reverse course now while millions have lost jobs. After all, it’s not too late to kill millions of people too. Best of both worlds.

Reactions: Kingston Vol
No clue buddy.

I personally think he said it as a way to leverage the stimulus package that keeps getting shot down. There is a lot more to it than meets the eye imo.
I am hoping he’s trying to leverage the BS amendments to the stimulus package and then I hope every member on congress (and likely govt at large) gets bent.

Got an email today from my nursing company. We've got to keep a paper with us at all times in case the state goes shelter in place so we can drive to see patients.

Let’s reverse course now while millions have lost jobs. After all, it’s not too late to kill millions of people too. Best of both worlds.
Millions aren’t dying from this brother, but I get what you’re saying. Lock down needs to be multiple weeks, what I’m asking is at what point does the scale shift?

For now yes, but at some point, really hard decisions will have to be made. At what point is a shut down more detrimental to our citizens? What’s the numbers of days or weeks?
Unless the government can figure out some realistic to tide everyone over for a while, I’d say a month at absolute most. Like you said yesterday it’s damned if you do, damned if you don’t. On one hand, if what Kingston said happens and most of the country gets sick and thousands die, that’s going to devastate the economy. Or you have whatever sequence of events plays out if we have a prolonged shutdown and half the country aren’t able to honor their debts anymore.

Yeah, I mean the economy isn’t going to exactly be humming if everyone is sick and 5% of the population dies.
The death rate is most likely less than 1%. And it's primarily those over 70. The people who will suffer most from this recession will be lower income, including kids, who will suffer unemployment, eviction, loss of health insurance, and general turmoil.

I'm personally abiding by the quarantine. Two weeks, fine. 1 month, ok. Anything more, not worth. Long term damage to the economy. Admittedly, I'm not 100%. But this is where I sit today.

Y’all really are doing the Lord’s work. Godspeed to you all.

Thanks man I appreciate it.. Admittedly this has gotten worse than I first originally thought and will be the first to admit being wrong there. People really do need to abide by quarantine and stay home if possible even if there isn't a stay at home order.

The death rate is most likely less than 1%. And it's primarily those over 70. The people who will suffer most from this recession will be lower income, including kids, who will suffer unemployment, eviction, loss of health insurance, and general turmoil.

I'm personally abiding by the quarantine. Two weeks, fine. 1 month, ok. Anything more, not worth. Long term damage to the economy. Admittedly, I'm not 100%. But this is where I sit today.
It would be very high if we let it go unabated. Not just because the virus is killing, but because the healthcare system would collapse.

It would be very high if we let it go unabated. Not just because the virus is killing, but because the healthcare system would collapse.

Honest question, what's the age distribution of those being hospitalized? Can we just quarantine those that are at greater risk? And spend all this money on ventilators and beds. We built the nuclear bomb in a year in secret. I refuse to believe we couldn't do this wtih $1T which is what we will easily spend on bailouts.

I know if I was 70, if you told me old man stay home so your grandkids could go to school, I'd leave checks on the porch for food and say I'll see you in 4 months. And wait for herd immunity.

Honest question, what's the age distribution of those being hospitalized? Can we just quarantine those that are at greater risk? And spend all this money on ventilators and beds. We built the nuclear bomb in a year in secret. I refuse to believe we couldn't do this wtih $1T which is what we will easily spend on bailouts.

I know if I was 70, if you told me old man stay home so your grandkids could go to school, I'd leave checks on the porch for food and say I'll see you in 4 months. And wait for herd immunity.
Yeah, if we’re willing to throw all the money into the medical system and to like GE and Boeing to build ventilators then it could work. But I’d imagine we’ll still lose millions of jobs while people get sick and recover.

But in the theory being presented as is, and just letting this thing run its course, a ton of people will die who didn’t have to simply because the hospitals will be full and the most critical care units will be taken. It’d be a bad time to have a car accident or your appendix burst or something.

Baseball Season:

Start June 28th-October 4th

Take Monday’s off
Play Tuesday-Friday
Doubleheader’s on Saturday/Sunday
30 players active (up to 16 pitchers)
Play 110 games

No interleague play this year.

12 games against each divisional opponents (60 games)

5 games against the other two divisions ten teams (25 games each division)

110 games

Baseball Season:

Start June 28th-October 4th

Take Monday’s off
Play Tuesday-Friday
Doubleheader’s on Saturday/Sunday
30 players active (up to 16 pitchers)
Play 110 games
Can’tImagine trying to wedge in all those doubleheaders. Just play out the schedule as is whether it’s 100 games or 70 games. Maybe push the playoffs back a couple of weeks and makeup the first two weeks of the April schedule at the end of the year. There may be some inequities, but that’ll just have to be the way the cookie crumbles.

VN Store

Back