Transgender athletes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course that situation has happened. I am a teacher so I deal with students who identify as transgender and of course I wonder if they are a male or female because I don’t want to offend.

But I wouldn’t post their pic in jest joking that a team won a championship with a transgender athlete who isn’t transgender.
I agree. It’s tasteless in my opinion.

Reactions: T_Vol376 and Lucy
Three female high school athletes in CT have filed a lawsuit contending that a CT Athletic Conference policy that allows biological males (identifying as female) to compete against female athletes. The female students are saying that the competition is unfair (two transgender males have won all of their HS track meets against females) and violates Title IX. The CIAC contends that allowing biological males to compete against females is compliant with both state and federal law. The ACLU said it would seek to join the lawsuit to defend the interests of transgender student athletes.

Is this the future? If so how long before some WCBB coach recruits a 7' transgender male?

FeT.gif

It is about that. At least with the quote that I replied to. You took my reply and made something out of nothing.

This thread is about athletics and males competing against females.

You made it about looks:
"But you are telling me you’ve “never” looked at a person and could’ve sworn it was the opposite of what you thought?"

Not me

Reactions: I40flyer
Nothing to do with transphobia - using that as an accusation is nothing but a deflection. The point has nothing to do with transgender and everything to do with biological males competing against biological females.

Agree,

I think there's a thoughtful debate to be had here but wow, the transphobia on this forum is intense.

GLSEN has shared some excellent resources that debunk some of the myths floated around on this board: Transgender Inclusion in High School Athletics

I think it's also important to think about how this plays out at the child/youth level vs. professional sports, considering that "lesbian, gay and bisexual high school students are almost five times more likely to attempt suicide than their heterosexual peers, according to a 2015 report by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. And a study published in 2018 found that gender nonconforming youths are at even greater risk, with more than half of the transgender male teenagers attempting suicide over the three years they were followed." (NYTimes)

Last, Chris Mosier, a sprinter who was the first trans athlete to be selected for a U.S. National Team, has a great website with a guide to terminology (since some of you expressed that it was difficult to keep up), how to be a kind and respectful ally to trans people/athletes, and how different states/governnments/organizations/universities are ruling on trans rights: https://www.transathlete.com/starthere
I couldn’t care less what GLSEN (a biased action group) says. It’s not transphobic to not want transgender athletes to compete against biological women. If the person in question has gone through male puberty they should be barred from competition or have to compete at the highest level (the male level). As for those who transition before puberty, that’s a little more gray. They probably should get to. However, it’s a sketchy world we live in that doctors would allow children to try and change their sex. They don’t all know; de-transition is real especially after puberty. As to the suicide rates, nothing suggest that they be allowed to compete as their preferred gender would help.

At the professional level what we are seeing should outrage you. In most cases these are full grown men who transition late in life and beat up on women’s accomplishments and records. You never hear (or will) of a female to male person dominating a sport. I could go on and on, but in the end it’s wrong.

I'm all for transgender athletes but it is an unfair advantage for most biological males to participate in women's sports. If they had an "open" 3rd league or separate division that all genders could participate in...I'd be cool with that.
They do. It’s called the male division. No one blinks an eye when a girl plays football or with boys in basketball. The women division exist to keep men out.

They do. It’s called the male division. No one blinks an eye when a girl plays football or with boys in basketball. The women division exist to keep men out.

Yes, the world is full of females who have dominated in a "physical athletic" sport.....Tons of professional football, basketball, hockey, weightlifting, track stars who have played and competed against men...We are literally overrun with females dominating in "physical" male-athletic sports.!

Look, I have geared my entire sports-life in advancing the female genre of sports. Been a part of over 2,000 girls lives and growth. Chose not to go into male-basketball for the simple reason that when I first got into girl's basketball in 1981,,,there was nothing but daddy-coaches and unsuccessful male coaches coaching them, at that time, for youth programs.

It pissed me off that the females did not get "real" coaches and I was determined to make a change.
I have never regretted it and have a lifetime of athletes (and their families) that I cherish.

To see males try to force their way in by way of using this newfound pc world enrages me.
And it should enrage any TRUE supporter of women's/girl's sports.

Intersex is not Trans. Most get grouped into one or the other at birth. They take hormones their whole life to conform more to one or the other.

This is a big issue with the IOC (International Olympic Committee) rn.

Intersex women have WON multiple medals at the Olympics. They haven’t gone through male puberty but naturally have extremely high Testosterone levels that must be kept in check.

Is it fair they compete. Not exactly but more fair than late life transitioners. They are dealing on this issue now, and not in a way that would satisfy the female sport supporter.

Reactions: GBOx2
Let me start by saying live your life however you choose to. Having said that men have absolutely no business playing all female sports. It creates a huge advantage from a lot of different angles. I understand we live in a PC world where all should be fair game but come on at the end of the day they just want an easy way to a trophy. If they were worth a damn in sports they’d compete at the mens level.

Go ahead and torch me I know it’s coming...

No PC from me my friend, there is an easy way to know if you are male or female. Neither has any business participating in sports they aren't biologically formed for. God doesn't make mistakes but all us humans do. I guess if you think you're a horse they gonna let you run in the Kentucky derby too....

A note to most posters here not well versed on this issue. Do remember GENDER DYSPHORIA is a real and debilitating mental disorder. It’s a serious ailment. Do also note that people will abuse and are abusing these proposed changes. There is no standardized say for what actually makes someone trans other than them claiming to be as of now.

A note to most posters here not well versed on this issue. Do remember GENDER DYSPHORIA is a real and debilitating mental disorder. It’s a serious ailment. Do also note that people will abuse and are abusing these proposed changes. There is no standardized say for what actually makes someone trans other than them claiming to be as of now.

sorry, but that still has nothing to do with males competing against females

Reactions: GBOx2
Hello coach....Watch that slippery slope.
EnlightenedKeyCattle-max-1mb.gif

Last edited:
Coach, if it could happen to Captain Kirk, it could happen to anyone. Boldly going where no man has gone before, has a different meaning.
kirk.gif

Reactions: creekdipper
Intersex is not Trans. Most get grouped into one or the other at birth. They take hormones their whole life to conform more to one or the other.

This is a big issue with the IOC (International Olympic Committee) rn.

Intersex women have WON multiple medals at the Olympics. They haven’t gone through male puberty but naturally have extremely high Testosterone levels that must be kept in check.

Is it fair they compete. Not exactly but more fair than late life transitioners. They are dealing on this issue now, and not in a way that would satisfy the female sport supporter.

Oh gosh, I know they are not the same. I brought it up to point out that gender isn’t always as simple as “just go with what they’re born with!” For instance, it is not uncommon for parents of newborn hermaphrodites to make a difficult decision to choose which gender their child will have to live with. Often, those parents choose a gender that doesn’t match what the child her/himself would have chosen if the choice — assuming making one were absolutely necessary — had been theirs to make at a time she/he were self-aware enough to understand.

Like I said, it’s complicated.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back