Amateur Hour Continues

This is one of the things we need to get economy moving again. Let's find out who's had it, and thus immune (or more immune) from reinfection, so they can get back into the workforce.

Edit: meant for coronavirus thread

If you got it and "recovered" does that mean you can no longer give it to others? Or just that your immune system can handle it?

If you got it and "recovered" does that mean you can no longer give it to others? Or just that your immune system can handle it?

Depends on what you mean by recovered. Recovered could mean no more symptoms. Could also mean you're no longer shedding the virus/contagious. Unclear whether you can get reinfected (I think there have been some reinfections in China), but I don't think it's as severe if you get it again having recovered the first time.

I can't remember if it was the US or another country but a patient was considered "recovered" when they test negative two times in a row. That's how I've been interpreting the Johns Hopkins tracker numbers.

Teaching appeals to the type of person who cannot “do”. You don’t have to show results to be a teacher. It’s not a surprise that those people teach children those same “nobody should get ahead” values
I don't think that is necessarily true. I think a certain type of young person gets sucked into the liberal (in this case not a bad word) ideals of being a 'helper'. Teachers are role models because they are in front of you at that age for 6 hours a day. The good ones, make an impression. (Actually the bad ones do too) There is no thought as a 12, 13, 14, 15, 16... year old that teaching is not a lucrative profession. It is not a thought that at that age enters the average kids mind... especially ones that tend to want to be 'helpers'. I knew early on that I wanted to be an architect... I had zero idea about the financial rewards of that profession. My favorite teachers were the ones that nurtured that in me. My drafting teacher gave me special projects and allowed me to do my own thing towards that end. I knew math was important, so my math teachers were focused on my success. I love those people to this day, and I would bet if my name came up to them (the ones still alive) they would know that and it would be something of which they would be proud. I doubt any of them were multimillionaires.

I don't think that is necessarily true. I think a certain type of young person gets sucked into the liberal (in this case not a bad word) ideals of being a 'helper'. Teachers are role models because they are in front of you at that age for 6 hours a day. The good ones, make an impression. (Actually the bad ones do too) There is no thought as a 12, 13, 14, 15, 16... year old that teaching is not a lucrative profession. It is not a thought that at that age enters the average kids mind... especially ones that tend to want to be 'helpers'. I knew early on that I wanted to be an architect... I had zero idea about the financial rewards of that profession. My favorite teachers were the ones that nurtured that in me. My drafting teacher gave me special projects and allowed me to do my own thing towards that end. I knew math was important, so my math teachers were focused on my success. I love those people to this day, and I would bet if my name came up to them (the ones still alive) they would know that and it would be something of which they would be proud. I doubt any of them were multimillionaires.

Good posts but I disagree on the the thoughts described of pre-teens and teens. My 14 and 16 year old along with friends are very curious as to professions and salaries. Very few want to be teachers. My favorite teachers were the ones that challenged me and used unorthodox techniques while relating to applied useful applications. Really a guidance counselor is who turned my college career from mediocre to 2nd in the class in engineering.

I’d guess you would need rehab for twitter withdrawal.

Also wonder with the dependency on social media these days coupled with self quarantine will make people go nuts and things would get out of control sooner. You can shutdown social media but it better not be while people are mostly pent up in their homes without entertainment. Though I do think social media adds to the hysteria. It always does, including the fact that Chinese and Russian propaganda sneaks in.

Also wonder with the dependency on social media these days coupled with self quarantine will make people go nuts and things would get out of control sooner. You can shutdown social media but it better not be while people are mostly pent up in their homes without entertainment. Though I do think social media adds to the hysteria. It always does, including the fact that Chinese and Russian propaganda sneaks in.
“Karen on Facebook” is a huge damn problem with the information dissemination right now. An even bigger problem is the idiots blindly reading Karen’s dipshit posts, believing them, and spreading them. FFS just use some common damn sense people! Gargling with warm water kills a virus which resides INSIDE your body?! 🙄

“Karen on Facebook” is a huge damn problem with the information dissemination right now. An even bigger problem is the idiots blindly reading Karen’s dipshit posts, believing them, and spreading them. FFS just use some common damn sense people! Gargling with warm water kills a virus which resides INSIDE your body?! 🙄

This isn’t an isolated phenomenon, sadly.

This isn’t an isolated phenomenon, sadly.
Don’t disagree. And stupidity isn’t a new phenomena. Social media just puts it on steroids. I’m hoping the next generation having grown up with Karen on Facebook will have developed the skills to identify her as the dipshit she is. Sadly my generation is clearly a lost cause 😥

Reactions: midnight orange
Good posts but I disagree on the the thoughts described of pre-teens and teens. My 14 and 16 year old along with friends are very curious as to professions and salaries. Very few want to be teachers. My favorite teachers were the ones that challenged me and used unorthodox techniques while relating to applied useful applications. Really a guidance counselor is who turned my college career from mediocre to 2nd in the class in engineering.
I don't disagree, except that I think those that are drawn to teaching, and being a pastor... those kinds of professions, are not motivated by financial reward. They are then shocked when reality sets in and they find that any of the aforementioned don't pay doodly squat. An interesting contrast is government work. Being in the military doesn't pay a ton, but you have great benefits and a guaranteed (well... for now) retirement.

Don’t disagree. And stupidity isn’t a new phenomena. Social media just puts it on steroids. I’m hoping the next generation having grown up with Karen on Facebook will have developed the skills to identify her as the dipshit she is. Sadly my generation is clearly a lost cause 😥
My wife was reading all the social shaming and virtue signaling by Karen’s on social media and we came to the conclusion ( halfway joking, maybe) that this whole shutdown of the economy is being fueled by Karens fishing for likes.

Micheal Malice (if you don’t read him on Twitter you’re missing out) refers to people like this as midwits. They are marginally above average intelligence and they substitute the ability to google for intelligence.
Michael Malice (@michaelmalice) | Twitter

Governors blaming the feds for this one are just making excuses for their lack of leadership
Yep this is getting ridiculous. We are a federalist state. The governors are the primary decision makers for their states and the federal government supports and assists them as they request and as the feds have information and resources to share. But the primary decision maker within a state is the governor.

At the federal level the focus is on the borders and flow of people across them.

The Fed defends the sovereign boundaries of the Republic. The governors attend to their citizens.

Very stable and geniusy.
ETw-kBlU4AIYaF7

VN Store

Back