'20 GA RB Len'Neth Whitehead (UT SIGNEE)

That is what I see as well. He looks so much bigger than the other kids on the field. I see a kid getting away with the size advantage at the HS level. Maybe he can be a Derrick Henry type back but just having size don't lead to success and I don't see the dynamic skill set. Ultimately he's probably closer to 4.6 than 4.5 in the 40. That is generally wrong but it'll be nice if it's accurate.
Yeah he looks fairly slow carrying the football

I hope he can be a good RB. But in my less than knowledgeable opinion, he doesn’t look like a game changing RB to me. He does look like a big time LB. we’ll see what happens.
Game changing is nice...not many of those out there at any position. Productive makes him well worth the scholarship. He has ideal measurables and speed for LB but without the WANT and desire to play the position, those are negated.

Kid better move to LB, he would play a lot this year, doubt he sees the field at RB this year. If we get Cody Brown in the 21' class, he deff won't see the field. Needs to move to LB.
He and Brown would compliment each other. He will play more at RB than LB. He he misses at either of those 2 positions, he would be a terrific TE. I don't think he will have a problem seeing the field while he is at Tennessee.

Last edited:
Reactions: VOLSONLY
Could be. I just think our need is bigger at LB and most people who have scouted him have said he’s a much better prospect at Lb. he looks better at LB on film imo

Not really. We added a bunch in this cycle plus we were gonna be pretty weak at RB when Chandler and Jordan graduate this year. Our RB corps is weak even with EG, TC, and TJ.

VN: Man we need to sign a 6’2 220+rb. Tired of these little backs.

VN sign a 6’2 220+rb

VN: He needs to move to LB he’ll never play rb
Just because he’s 6’2 220 does not mean he’s a good RB. Not sure what the disconnect is here. There is literally nobody clamoring for Cody Brown to move to LB. Some of us just think Whitehead is better at LB. your post is nonsensical.

Just because he’s 6’2 220 does not mean he’s a good RB. Not sure what the disconnect is here. There kid literally nobody clamoring for Cody Brown to move to LB. some of us just think Whitehead is a better LB. your post is nonsensical.
I'll reserve judgement until I see the kid with the rock in his hand at the college level. No way to know what he should play with the level of comp he had in high school.

Just because he’s 6’2 220 does not mean he’s a good RB. Not sure what the disconnect is here. There is literally nobody clamoring for Cody Brown to move to LB. Some of us just think Whitehead is better at LB. your post is nonsensical.
Just because he is 6'2 220 does not mean he is a bad running back. His tape as a running back look pretty good. Brown also looks good at both positions. I guess we might have to let the coaches make the decisions.

Reactions: MrVolton
In Whitehead’s film at RB, he looks very one cut and go, then he’s either running by somebody or running through somebody. We don’t have another RB like that on the current roster. In his film at LB, he seems to have good instincts and be in the right place at the right time, but there is no pop to his hits and that is a highlight reel. He has great measurables for both positions.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Whitehead scored the highest SPARQ rating for ILB's at the Opening this year. While his 106 isn't "elite" it would put him near the top for RB's and only 11 points behind Zach Evan's 117. Some of the posts on here are ridiculous.

If he can get 4+ yards at a higher percentage per attempt than running backs on our current roster, he doesn't need to be able to break 20+ yard runs to be effective.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc

VN Store

Back