Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't really respond to everyone individually right now, but I thank you all for your thoughts, prayers and well wishes. I would like to share with you all my mother's last lucid words, which were to me last Sunday as I was leaving to go back to Harlan. She struggled to get the words out, but I will never ever ever forget them..

"There is a brighter day..Everything is going to be alright" ❤❤❤

I thank God for my faith which tells me that what she said is an absolute certainty, not just a possibility.

Dammit I still have 4 weeks of twice per week Physical Therapy to get on my hip replacement and the PT dept at the hospital here just called me and are calling all current patients that the dept. is shutting down effective today for 8 weeks. This sucks. By the way this is Vanderbilt Wilson County East here in Lebanon. 2 more cases here reported today in Wilson.
Did they give you things to do from home? PT is different for all, but when I had back issues it was 2 or 3 visits and then "here's everything we've been doing, keep doing them on your own" sort of thing. If your regimen included special items, maybe you could order them online and keep going.

Indeed. Glad we live in a society with a free press to get info out to the people, even when the state wants to disregard something or call the reaction a hoax for too long.

Be nice if some more of them would actually get out true info to the people instead of pushing agendas they are told to push.

they probably did because babies suck balls

I had a friend once (a very good father as far as I could tell) who told me the first year of both his daughter's lives, all they did was take. Once they hit a year old they start responding to you and it got way better. They smile at you, light up when you walk into a room, and love to play. That doesn't start happening though until they get past the baby stage. His daughters were both in the 8 to 10 year old range at the time.

While I wasn't ever quite as down as babies as he was I definitely saw his point. I've enjoyed my son more and more as he's gotten older.

Anyway, I have no idea your exact kid situation but if you have a baby and aren't enjoying it you're not alone. Kids will always take a lot of energy but the energy you put into them gets more rewarding as they get older.

I can't really respond to everyone individually right now, but I thank you all for your thoughts, prayers and well wishes. I would like to share with you all my mother's last lucid words, which were to me last Sunday as I was leaving to go back to Harlan. She struggled to get the words out, but I will never ever ever forget them..

"There is a brighter day..Everything is going to be alright" ❤❤❤

I thank God for my faith which tells me that what she said is an absolute certainty, not just a possibility.
Being near to death I believe brings us nearer to god/the one/the all. Whatever she spoke I believe has special insight to the truth of reality.

Be nice if some more of them would actually get out true info to the people instead of pushing agendas they are told to push.
Sure, they may be being too conservative, no doubt. I do wonder if reporting numbers when testing is severely limited (without an asterik) has caused too much complacency due to underreporting.

But would it be more responsible of them to report projections/extrapolations of various scenarios, including worst-case? I would say only if sourced from experts and giving different views/assumptions.

Agendas can certainly be affected at times from the top-down to affect reporting, but I feel much of the press has actually been out front on this, compared to the underwhelming reaction from the state.

Reactions: barrylee
I think we will be on the backside of this thing by then. Look at what has happened in the Far East and even Italy. If I am not mistaking, all of those places case numbers start to drop after three weeks or so. I think our third week is next week.
Did you see the where the average age of the people who have died in Italy was 81? That's just a crazy number and it may be why college kids are on spring break in Florida. No fear.

Again I think lawsuits drove that stuff getting shut down. If players/visitors got sick they could sue for a lot of money. Easier to just shut it down and avoid bad PR
So...... if I get “China Virus” after I go to Kroger, I can sue?????
just checking......

Reactions: barrylee
It is interesting though that all of the videos I have seen showing people fighting over toilet paper and food have been only women. Every time. Of course, there could be videos out there of men fighting over tp and food and I haven't seem them, but I can only go by the videos I have seen.

And from what I have seen, women go bat shitt crazy when it comes to tp.
I used to know a woman who refused to buy toilet paper. Always stole hers from bars and restaurants.

Sure, they may be being too conservative, no doubt. I do wonder if reporting numbers when testing is severely limited (without an asterik) has caused too much complacency due to underreporting.

But would it be more responsible of them to report projections/extrapolations of various scenarios, including worst-case? I would say only if sourced from experts and giving different views/assumptions.

Agendas can certainly be affected at times from the top-down to affect reporting, but I feel much of the press has actually been out front on this, compared to the underwhelming reaction from the state.

Seems to me their biggest focus has been on why the President insists on calling a virus that started in China a Chinese virus, or how he thinks his ratings are being affected by he has responded to the virus.

Based on the 2 latest polls I've seen, the American people think he is doing a good job, but I have yet to see that reported by the usual suspects despite the fact that seems to be an important topic for them.

A needle euthanizing is boring. Why not sky dive over the ocean with no pack? Ultimate way to voluntarily go out imo.
Get 10 good friends to waterboard you consecutively.
Seems to me their biggest focus has been on why the President insists on calling a virus that started in China a Chinese virus, or how he thinks his ratings are being affected by he has responded to the virus.

Based on the 2 latest polls I've seen, the American people think he is doing a good job, but I have yet to see that reported by the usual suspects despite the fact that seems to be an important topic for them.
His opponents, which include CNN, CBS etc are desperate to find a way to get him beat. I don't think that's going to happen.

It is interesting though that all of the videos I have seen showing people fighting over toilet paper and food have been only women. Every time. Of course, there could be videos out there of men fighting over tp and food and I haven't seem them, but I can only go by the videos I have seen.

And from what I have seen, women go bat shitt crazy when it comes to tp.
Did you see the video of the two guys fighting with wine bottles about a week ago somewhere in Georgia. They started hitting each other with wine bottles and when they broke, they started cutting each other. Crazy stuff going on right now. They carted both the guys off to the hospital and then to jail to be booked.

Reactions: Big Gucci Sosa
Did you see the video of the two guys fighting with wine bottles about a week ago somewhere in Georgia. They started hitting each other with wine bottles and when they broke, they started cutting each other. Crazy stuff going on right now. They carted both the guys off to the hospital and then to jail to be booked.
Link please

Reactions: Devo182
If people were dying at that rate then I would be concerned. Getting infected doesn’t matter unless you are old or have a pre-existing condition like asthma. It sucks and you feel sick but you’re not going to die. Old people should be the ones getting quarantined. It’s pathetic that people are losing jobs, stores are low on supplies, and the economy is tanking because of a virus that is doing about the same damage as the flu
You must live in a dream world

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back