'21 TN ATH Andre Turrentine (Tennessee signee - Transfer from Ohio St.)

We have about 3, maybe 4 pretty good players in the class so far; the rest are probably eventual git-shirt candidates.

Seems like the staff is still looking for a key to unlock the greater Nashville area and that's where the talent is this cycle. They were able to ramp it up in Memphis area last class. Was that based on staff with ties to the area, or just putting more resources into going after specific players? I'd expect mid-state recruiting to improve if the season goes well, i.e. don't lose any games we're favored in and pull a couple of upsets.

Reactions: BucksnortVol
We’ve lost highly ranked instate (and in Leroy Thompson’s case, LOCAL) throughout our history. When we recruit equal or better (Reggie Cobb) replacements and coach them up, that’s when we’ve been the best in our history. National recruits are like most cattle...they head to the nicest looking pasture.
Dang I wish I had some more cattle like yours. Some of mine seems to be more like the instate recruits. Head straight for the swampiest and briar infested thickets they can find on the other side of a super lush and maintained pasture. Crazy ass cows...
On a more serious note. I hate to see a kid like this pick OSU, but rather him head up north as to pick the bulldogs, gators or any of the tigers including Clemson.

Until May. Then we'll judge them daily. After the season starts it will be hourly.
I like or dislike these guys based off of posts on here. I'll love them until someone posts something negative, then I automatically hate them. I've found this to be the best way. It's science.

That's not much wiggle room.
Maybe not but that's how I feel, if we don't win 9 counting the bowl game we show no improvement but I just don't think this team is capable of winning more than 10 games with the schedule we have, and with JG still the most likely starting QB, 9 in the regular season and a bowl win. Now 2021 with HB in his second year at QB in the system? Sky's the limit imo. What would you consider a successful season for us?

Reactions: drvenner
Maybe not but that's how I feel, if we don't win 9 counting the bowl game we show no improvement but I just don't think this team is capable of winning more than 10 games with the schedule we have, and with JG still the most likely starting QB, 9 in the regular season and a bowl win. Now 2021 with HB in his second year at QB in the system? Sky's the limit imo. What would you consider a successful season for us?
We were close to a 10 win season this year but we have OU instead of BYU, so 8 regular season wins. I guess I agree with you on the ceiling. I think all are potentially winnable but beating one out of the big four would be a nice accomplishment.

We were close to a 10 win season this year but we have OU instead of BYU, so 8 regular season wins. I guess I agree with you on the ceiling. I think all are potentially winnable but beating one out of the big four would be a nice accomplishment.
the start of the season is key. two huge games in september.

i do think if you can win one of those, it does wonders for the confidence and belief levels going forward. cause i think if you lose those 2 and come out of september 2-2, i think the opposite happens and maybe there's some uncertainty about what we're capable of.

i do think a few teams in the East are due for a bit of a back slide, but i'm not ready to call MO, USCe, UK etc... all automatic W's again....yet....so having confidence for those games, too, is important, not just for Bama and UGA ....

i think QB is the biggest question mark, and that' snot like breaking any news or anything, but i do think we'll be pretty solid every where else, though LB and WR will have some proving to do.....

i'm excited about this season. i think 8 should probably be the floor. and i could see a path for us to finish maybe as high as 2nd in the East....likely 3rd though.

of course, i'd start feelign a lot better about that if we were doing anything football related right now...lol.

Austin Price said on his podcast that kids are picking OSU to save a spot. Kids dont know when they will get to visit schools and may not have a early signing day. Price said AT will visit TN and was supposed to in June or July.

True. They get whoever they want, it seems. They are so picky now that all they are offering now are 5* and high 4*. Turrentine is actually one of their lower ranked recruits.

I agree with this evaluation. Read the whole thing.

He’s going to play safety at the next level, and that’s a place we’re pretty good at right now. If he was a for-sure CB prospect I’d be losing more sleep. But remember, it’s a long time until signing day.

Because it's the most average place to be in the country and there is comfort in that. What is everyones issue with Ohio on this board.

Probably because they will always be in the conversation for a national championship. Why would anyone go to Alabama? Because in football they are the Creme de la Creme.

still don't understand why anyone would voluntarily go to Ohio to live.
There's only one reason I would ever consider it
Mark-Hammer-buck-ohio.jpg

VN Store

Back