Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

Stat wise she would seem to be (19.7 ppg, 8.4% rpg, 45% 3 pt shooter, Auriemma coached).
In college playing against AAC competition, not against the best players in the world.

There is no shortage of college stars who couldn't find a place in the WNBA. Considering the depth of quality wings in the league and coming in, I don't think Walker makes an opening day roster.

Reactions: stlvolsfan
In college playing against AAC competition, not against the best players in the world.

There is no shortage of college stars who couldn't find a place in the WNBA. Considering the depth of quality wings in the league and coming in, I don't think Walker makes an opening day roster.

We'll see. She averaged 19 ppg in out of conference games that included bad games against UT, SC and OR. I think the unknown factor is how much weight the W guys will add because she played for Auriemma. Of course he might be so po'd over her leaving early that he gives her a bad rec. ;)

That is really not the vibe I get. More like team leader getting the youngsters in line. They also seem to really celebrate each other’s successes.
Just gut feel here, Davis for sure stays because she has a chance to play on a team that can make a big step forward next year. Think she might want to end her career really helping Lady Vols get back on track. Somewhere in the back of my mind, however, I think she had a number of college credits when she arrived on campus. Wonder if she will graduate this summer? Start grad school? I could be really wrong about that.
She graduates in May

We'll see. She averaged 19 ppg in out of conference games that included bad games against UT, SC and OR. I think the unknown factor is how much weight the W guys will add because she played for Auriemma. Of course he might be so po'd over her leaving early that he gives her a bad rec. ;)

The other thing that gives her (and Sabally) an edge over most of the other top 10 picks is that GM's will consider that she has only played three years of college ball. She hasn't had as many years to develop and has more upside, and when you're weighing between two (or more) players of almost equal talent/ability GM's will generally go with the younger option.

For as much as UConn fans tell us what a great relationship Geno has with his players, it certainly appears this decision blindsided him...

FYI Duke point guard Kyra Lambert has entered the transfer portal. She is a graduate transfer and would be eligible immediately...

Dara Mabrey (5-7 SO guard, Belmar, NJ) has announced that she's entering her name into the transfer portal. She was the third-leading scorer (11.9 PPG) for Virginia Tech WBB during 2019-20 and connected on 75 out of 206 three-point attempts.

Dara Mabrey (5-7 SO guard, Belmar, NJ) has announced that she's entering her name into the transfer portal. She was the third-leading scorer (11.9 PPG) for Virginia Tech WBB during 2019-20 and connected on 75 out of 206 three-point attempts.
I wonder if she'll choose ND? I know she wanted to create her own legacy and all, but it'll be interesting.

She will be an excellent get for some team. She has a great shot, seems to be a good floor leader and she’s tough.

Not news but Iwould encourage all bored to find the sock puppet eating cars video. I laughed out loud.

I hope Vic can get more out of her than C.Viv. I’m a big Scarlet Knight fan and she was pretty disappointing.
I didn't see RU at all this year, so I can't say...but Vic does love him some post players. Does the new transfer rule go into effect? Because if not and Davenport can come in, practice with Carter/Morris/Cooks for a year, then replace Morris the following year...I can imagine that would suit Vic just fine.

I didn't see RU at all this year, so I can't say...but Vic does love him some post players. Does the new transfer rule go into effect? Because if not and Davenport can come in, practice with Carter/Morris/Cooks for a year, then replace Morris the following year...I can imagine that would suit Vic just fine.
It’s not in effect yet. You think they will vote before next season starts and implement that rule? What are your thoughts on the rule in general.

It’s not in effect yet. You think they will vote before next season starts and implement that rule? What are your thoughts on the rule in general.
I don't like it, personally. I'm hoping it doesn't pass. I'd rather they have clearly defined guidelines for waivers that are applied consistently.

Vic Schaefer is drooling all over this one 🤣
I could see it. She was one of his top targets in the class of 2019 besides Rickea, and he missed on Kamilla Cardoso. Vic has generally done a terrific job of developing post players as well.

She surprisingly only averaged 2.7 PPG and 2.3 RPG, which is disappointing for a top-15 recruit on a team where she wasn't behind an elite post player. She was very impressive playing for the USA U18 team, but the competition level is not always great for the America tournaments, when USA is facing Mexico, Colombia, etc.

Maori has a very different game than Key, and she would be an intriguing addition for Kellie and the staff because she is a far more explosive athlete than Key, Saunders, or Kushkituah.

Reactions: mcannon1
I don't like it, personally. I'm hoping it doesn't pass. I'd rather they have clearly defined guidelines for waivers that are applied consistently.
Well, if you remove the year requirement And let everyone have a transfer without sitting you have clearly defined guidelines.

I was surprised when she picked Rutgers.

She was a big time star in high school and was on tv headline when NCAA tried to suspend her from collecting money from international tournament. I'm shocked how she got to college and couldn't perform. Only played a minute, I knew she will leave.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back