O'Mariah Gordon

mcannon1

#7 point guard for 2021. #26 overall, as per ESPNW

IE Indy 500-July 2019: Elusive lead-guard with a scorer's mentality in the back court; penetrates and breaks down the defense; confident playmaker with offensive arsenal at all three levels; handles and dishes with flair and precision in uptempo game; an elite guard in the class of 2021. (Olson)

Huge fan of this one. She might not be the best player in the class, but when you look at the weaknesses of our roster now she looks like the best fit for what ails them...

Reactions: mcannon1
Scorers mindset with terrific ball handling! Big need in volville!

If Kellie can land this girl, her coaching abilities will go up exponentially....This girl is a star waiting to wear Lady Vol Orange and White...I'm being positive.
ZjIc_UR-_400x400.jpg

Point guards are getting taller and have the advantage of seeing the floor better. I know Dangerfield is current and phenomenal so perhaps size isn't all-important.

Point guards are getting taller and have the advantage of seeing the floor better. I know Dangerfield is current and phenomenal so perhaps size isn't all-important.

True. But as everyone else gets taller and taller (and, often, a tiny bit slower with added height), a smaller point guard can see better UNDER to make excellent bounce passes, and also steal the ball from players whose natural dribble height makes them easier to pick. Shorter players can usually get around defenses better because they are typically MUCH quicker.

I would LOOOOOOVE to see a little height diversity on the Lady Vols team.

Reactions: gule
If Kellie can land this girl, her coaching abilities will go up exponentially....This girl is a star waiting to wear Lady Vol Orange and White...I'm being positive.
ZjIc_UR-_400x400.jpg
Okay! I like this kid just because she is wearing shoes of different colors and having a good time. I feel like the last few years, not this year, there has been such a heaviness around the LVs. So much pressure on the kids to perform up to past performances and save Holly’s job.
I could honestly enjoy having a kid or two who find good trouble. See a little spark of that in Rae. She needs a sidekick.

Reactions: mcannon1
The driving guards just "launch themselves" into the defender to get the foul called...Conservatively, at least 40% of the time, the driving guard gets some kind of foul called against their defender...It's an epidemic of whistles down low in the post area..

The game didn't use to be played like this, but coaches now instruct their guards to make some kind of forced contact, and most of the time the defense gets the foul called...

The driving guards just "launch themselves" into the defender to get the foul called...Conservatively, at least 40% of the time, the driving guard gets some kind of foul called against their defender...It's an epidemic of whistles down low in the post area..

The game didn't use to be played like this, but coaches now instruct their guards to make some kind of forced contact, and most of the time the defense gets the foul called...
I would like to see a game played like it was 40 years ago: dribble straight up and down, no palming the ball, person initiating the contact is the one committing a foul, no backing into the post defender, only a step and a half on layups, no jump-stops, etc. It took skill to play less physical and not get away with running down the lane carrying the ball and jumping into the defender. The offensive players gets all the breaks now - a defensive post player can be standing still with hands straight up and be called for a foul when the offensive player jumps into them.

Shannon Bobbitt is 5’2” and she was phenomenal for Pat. The former LSU great Tameka Johnson is 5’3.”
Also many small men in the NBA was great like Mugsy, Spud , Tiny ,Calvin and "big things do come in small packages". Im still in love with Shannon.

Last edited:
Yes and that semi final game with UConn was on last night.
So weird seeing reruns of old games in place of actual games in March
Yeah 099, nothing like seeing uconn getting beat over and over again. Weird but it feels and look damn good.

As I've stated countless times, "OMG" as they call her, is the TRUTH! I don't want to get my hopes up with this one as she has been one of my favorites since I first saw her playing at AAU Nationals in Orlando as a 7th grader. She is REALLY good and for those who have questions about her height, she has an incredible vertical leap, scores over bigger defenders and would easily be our best offensive weapon right now if she were on the team.

I don't get excited about many of the potential players I see posted because I've played against, coached against and have seen some of the best but I'm excited about this one. For reference, the last player I got REALLY excited about us getting was Rennia Davis. Not to take anything away from the other girls but i'm just not as easily impressed as some others may be. OMG was a top 5 player a few years ago and her stock has dropped some because of her height, but she's really that good. There are not many point guards in 2021 that I would put over her, ESPN bias or not. Just my two cents.

Reactions: mcannon1 and lvocd
As I've stated countless times, "OMG" as they call her, is the TRUTH! I don't want to get my hopes up with this one as she has been one of my favorites since I first saw her playing at AAU Nationals in Orlando as a 7th grader. She is REALLY good and for those who have questions about her height, she has an incredible vertical leap, scores over bigger defenders and would easily be our best offensive weapon right now if she were on the team.

I don't get excited about many of the potential players I see posted because I've played against, coached against and have seen some of the best but I'm excited about this one. For reference, the last player I got REALLY excited about us getting was Rennia Davis. Not to take anything away from the other girls but i'm just not as easily impressed as some others may be. OMG was a top 5 player a few years ago and her stock has dropped some because of her height, but she's really that good. There are not many point guards in 2021 that I would put over her, ESPN bias or not. Just my two cents.

But she hasn’t tipped her hand and hinted of any favorites or “dream” schools?

Yes, but how many shorter point guards make it in the WNBA. They seem to prefer the taller ones.

Doesn't matter about the WNBA. One can be a really good college player, but not good enough for the WNBA. Even then, there are quite a few <5'7 PGs in the WNBA. Jamerieh Faulkner, Moriah Jefferson, Jordin Canada, Erica Wheeler, Leilani Mitchell to name a few...I'm sure there are more.

the point guard from ETN state Erica - Opton (1) is 5'4" and had 41 against the LV, unfortunately got hurt and transferred mid year.

Reactions: cutiepie5

VN Store

Back