The Official Tennessee Titans thread IV

Better be worth it. Really hope this year wasn’t just a flash in the pan. Knowing the Titans recent history he will most likely underwhelm for the next 4 years. And we will rattle off some 8-8 seasons. #titanup

At least with the 17 game season there won't be any 8-8 seasons unless a tie happens.

Defense and Henry were the reasons we beat Ravens and Patriots. Tannehill did very little in the playoffs but he didn’t have to in the two wins.

He ain’t worth nearly $30 mil. Hope it works out but I’d bet against it

He’s only getting 17 million in year 1 and 24 million in year 2. I’m betting there’s probably an easy out after 2 years. We also save 13 million in cap room by not tagging him. This is the smartest decision we could’ve made.

He’s only getting 17 million in year 1 and 24 million in year 2. I’m betting there’s probably an easy out after 2 years. We also save 13 million in cap room by not tagging him. This is the smartest decision we could’ve made.
This doesn’t include the $20mil signing bonus, this is basically a 2 year contract.

Structurally, this is a good deal. Also a practical one considering you’re not replicating his production with anything in this draft. Can’t please everyone, but this was another good move by Robinson IMO.

Reactions: Vols4us
Structurally, this is a good deal. Also a practical one considering you’re not replicating his production with anything in this draft. Can’t please everyone, but this was another good move by Robinson IMO.
Yep. Unfortunately they put too much on RTs shoulders against the chiefs

Agree with both of you. J-Rob got it done and I am pleased. Even Brady needed a supporting cast as was obvious this season. No Gronk, no WR over the top - no SB appearance. Titans need a playmaker or two on both sides to get there, but the nucleus and commitment is now there. RT fits everything they are trying to do on O.

Reactions: Rishvol
Defense and Henry were the reasons we beat Ravens and Patriots. Tannehill did very little in the playoffs but he didn’t have to in the two wins.

He wasn’t asked to really. But I’m not going to ignore that he did make some huge plays, particularly in Baltimore. The throw to Jonnu in the corner for a td was huge, the Raymond bomb for td, turning that qb run where he appeared to be stuffed into a td, that huge 3rd down conversion towards the end to the tight end which allowed us to bleed more minutes. Not saying he was an all star, but saying he did very little is dumb imo.

He wasn’t asked to really. But I’m not going to ignore that he did make some huge plays, particularly in Baltimore. The throw to Jonnu in the corner for a td was huge, the Raymond bomb for td, turning that qb run where he appeared to be stuffed into a td, that huge 3rd down conversion towards the end to the tight end which allowed us to bleed more minutes. Not saying he was an all star, but saying he did very little is dumb imo.

He literally made one throw in the Baltimore game for the TD. The Smith TD was all about Smith making an outstanding catch. Again Henry and defense are the primary reasons we won. Chiefs shutdown Henry and Tannehill didn’t do much of anything when it mattered.

Last edited:
Ryan Tannehill's cap hits rank:

2020: QB #8
2021: QB #8
2022: QB #4

IMO, he’s not a Top 10 QB in the league. Granted, he’ll fall down the list after Dak, Cousins and Mahomes get extensions

He literally made one throw in the Baltimore game for the TD. The Smith TD was all about Smith making an outstanding catch. Again Henry and defense are the primary reasons we won. Chiefs shutdown Henry and Tannehill didn’t do much of anything when it mattered.

The 45 yard td to Raymond doesn’t count lol? Or the rushing touchdown he had, which btw was a td because of his effort. He was stuffed at first. And even the jonnu td, yeah it was a great catch but it was also a perfectly placed pass. Like it or not, tannehill has a hand in 21 out of the titans 24 points that game. Trying to argue he did nothing but make one pass that game is stupid.

Reactions: TnScooby
The 45 yard td to Raymond doesn’t count lol? Or the rushing touchdown he had, which btw was a td because of his effort. He was stuffed at first. And even the jonnu td, yeah it was a great catch but it was also a perfectly placed pass. Like it or not, tannehill has a hand in 21 out of the titans 24 points that game. Trying to argue he did nothing but make one pass that game is stupid.

The one throw he made was the Raymond TD. Dude was a game manager in the playoffs and didn’t do jack against the Chiefs. Hope he balls out next year and in the playoffs if we make it.

Ryan Tannehill's cap hits rank:

2020: QB #8
2021: QB #8
2022: QB #4

IMO, he’s not a Top 10 QB in the league. Granted, he’ll fall down the list after Dak, Cousins and Mahomes get extensions

Yep top 15 at best. Still better than Mariota though.

This was a pretty good deal for us and a great one for him. It is what it is. Signing TB would have been a mistake imo and RT's production couldnt be drafted this year. I dont think he will regress back to his level in Miami either, the situation here is better for him. Overall, I'm optimistic.

VN Store

Back