There may be no NCAA Tourney

Rennia Davis, a healthy player, recently had the flu and quickly recovered with only a short loss of playing time. Probably the same would have been true of corona virus. Or so I have heard from authorities as I am sure
you probably have also. Of course this doesn't protect fans who go to games but there are the safety measures such as face masks, gloves, etc. As this spreads we can run but hiding will be just as difficult as hiding from flu has been.
Probably vaccines will be very helpful just as they have for flu. It boils down to "we can run but can't hide." Hiding has its limitations in actuality. Officials are feeling great public pressure and feel that if they err it should be on the side of caution. Time will probably tell us the correct decisions for the future and the truth will probably be somewhere between panic and "angels drawing back." Angels drawing back so as not to be fools as the old saying
goes.

Rennia Davis, a healthy player, recently had the flu and quickly recovered with only a short loss of playing time. Probably the same would have been true of corona virus. Or so I have heard from authorities as I am sure you probably have also. Of course this doesn't protect fans who go to games but there are the safety measures such as face masks, gloves, etc.

But, will it help reduce turnovers?

image.jpeg

I have your post 10 times and it is baffling.

Your original premise was that the Chinese response was ineffective --- "The lockdown was so effective that the virus spread globally during the lockdown. A reasonable person would question the effectiveness of a lockdown like that."

And then you ask, "why did the virus not further in China, huh tell me that? as though you stumbled on to some grand contradiction.

The virus did not spread in China because their preventive actions--social distancing, doubling down on hygeine, more testing and quarantining--freakin' worked!!!!!!

The purpose of the lockdown in the Wuhan provice (the epicenter of the Chinese epidemic) and a huge public health initiative that was implemented across the entire country was designed to contain the virus in China. The actions by Chinese public health authorities cannot impact what happens in Italy, Iraq, Hong Kong, Spain, Germany the US. And it only takes a few infected individuals to seed an outbreak in a country with a virus that is highly contagious, via the principle of geometric progression; if you can break the process of geometric progression,
you can contain the virus, which needs a host to survive.

And in each of those other outbreak areas, different countries responded with different levels of urgency. Italy basically ignored the threat until they hit a crisis point. Germany responded much more quickly and has had fewer cases.

Rather than trying to invent "gotcha scenarios" to some how support the idea that everything is just hunky dory, you could you know actually read information about how the virus spread in different areas and how it has been contained, like in this interview with an epidemiologist from the WHO:

China’s cases of Covid-19 are finally declining. A WHO expert explains why.

I guess you missed the original point of the Chinese weathered the storm. The reason no new cases is due to environmental factors.

I guess you missed the original point of the Chinese weathered the storm. The reason no new cases is due to environmental factors.

Environmental factors. Right. Like an overabundance of taurine fecal bacteria in the air. Keep on trying, but wear a mask, please.

Reactions: WVU05UT09
I just wonder if there will be a baby boom in 9 months. No sports on TV, no games to go to, can't go to stores, etc.. What is a couple suppose to do???

Reactions: WVU05UT09
I just wonder if there will be a baby boom in 9 months. No sports on TV, no games to go to, can't go to stores, etc.. What is a couple suppose to do???

My mom was a teacher for 30 years in WV. It seemed like growing up every 3-5 years we had a 2-3 feet snow event that shut everything down. 5 years after there was always a bump in a kindergarten enrollment.

Reactions: Sudden Impact

VN Store

Back