2020 Lady Vol Recruiting Thread

On television at 6:00 PM Eastern .... Ensworth recruit (Kaiya Wynn ) 2021 ! Playing in State finals at Lipscomb in Nashville! Coach Harper just had an in home visit recently. Currently rated in top 50.

Of note will be their point guard .... Jaloni Cambridge , sister of Jordan who plays for Vanderbilt! Their age difference will not let them play together...., She is an 8 th grader and Number #1 rated eight grader in the nation !

Showing on WUXP channel 30 on my Direct TV
I would love to see another Nashville Lady Vol. Hope she signs up.
Also, are you seeing this eight grader for Ensworth?

I would love to see another Nashville Lady Vol. Hope she signs up.
Also, are you seeing this eight grader for Ensworth?

She scored the first 4 points on a fast break and a steal! Quick as a cat and penetrating and dishing off to the bigs! Throwing behind the back passes! She will be special!

Reactions: Lucy
Out of curiosity, does anyone know why Tennessee didn't recruit (to my knowledge) Dontavia Waggoner?

Tess Darby does not win Ms. Basketball, losing out to her teammate and repeat winner Chloe Moore-McNeil...

Tess Darby does not win Ms. Basketball, losing out to her teammate and repeat winner Chloe Moore-McNeil...

What's the deal with Moore-McNeil? I don't see a Hoopgurlz profile for her, and nothing about what schools are after her? Is she someone that Tennessee's coaching staff is looking at? Her numbers look good, and she did win this award over a teammate that did receive an offer...

Reactions: Darth_Vol
What's the deal with Moore-McNeil? I don't see a Hoopgurlz profile for her, and nothing about what schools are after her? Is she someone that Tennessee's coaching staff is looking at? Her numbers look good, and she did win this award over a teammate that did receive an offer...
She signed with a local college about 12 miles from her house.

She didn’t play for a good travel team in the summer. No high level exposure unlike said teammate. It’s already hard to throw any level scholarship at a girl who plays single A in Tennessee no matter the numbers.

Reactions: Amb3096 and Lucy
Heard that wasn’t true. Just a rumor. She’s apparently still waiting for a bigger school.
Well she should get a bigger school I don't understand why she wouldn't very talented player. I guess her academics are fine as that would be the only other road block she can definitely play for a top school. We could use her at Tennessee next year certainly better than our bench players much better shooter than most of the team.

Well she should get a bigger school I don't understand why she wouldn't very talented player. I guess her academics are fine as that would be the only other road block she can definitely play for a top school. We could use her at Tennessee next year certainly better than our bench players much better shooter than most of the team.
We won’t go after her.

Great question, but of course I'm the one who was put on blast for wondering why Darby was even offered. The fact that she isn't the best player in single A, or even the best player on her team, well... 🤷

Reactions: olddog
Great question, but of course I'm the one who was put on blast for wondering why Darby was even offered. The fact that she isn't the best player in single A, or even the best player on her team, well... 🤷
Darby got offers from some P5s, so she could eventually be a reliable role player down the road with proper coaching. I find it surprising that Darby got multiple P5 offers but McNeil-Moore is non existent on the recruiting radars...yet wins POY. I'm more interested in how good McNeil-Moore is, and whether she's a player that could be a steal for whoever ends up landing her.

Reactions: Darth_Vol
How do you all not understand this yet. Recruiting takes place in the SUMMER. High School literally means almost nothing but confirmation on what you saw against actual competition!

Look at 2AA Miss Basketball. She’s going to D2 Trevecca and the others up for the Award are going to TEXAS TECH and the other has many D1 offers.

She also played for Flight in the Summer, but I’m guessing doesn’t have as high of a ceiling even though she’s a GREAT high school basketball player.

Why aren’t the fans here interested about her winning back to back Miss Basketball Awards in a higher classification than Moore or Darby. I mean we surely could convince a D2 girl to UT right?

Last edited:
Darby got offers from some P5s, so she could eventually be a reliable role player down the road with proper coaching. I find it surprising that Darby got multiple P5 offers but McNeil-Moore is non existent on the recruiting radars...yet wins POY. I'm more interested in how good McNeil-Moore is, and whether she's a player that could be a steal for whoever ends up landing her.
Chloe played AAU for the Silver Foxes out of West Tennessee. They don’t really play in the high profile tournaments like TN Flight does, so their girls don’t get the exposure. Several of those girls have signed to play for Bethel. If Chloe had played for Flight, she would have more P5 offers

Chloe played AAU for the Silver Foxes out of West Tennessee. They don’t really play in the high profile tournaments like TN Flight does, so their girls don’t get the exposure. Several of those girls have signed to play for Bethel. If Chloe had played for Flight, she would have more P5 offers
I agree from what I’ve seen this is probably true. But I think many board members just want to hate Tess or by extension Kellie. There are many girls in similar positions in TN high school basketball.

How do you all not understand this yet. Recruiting takes place in the SUMMER. High School literally means almost nothing but confirmation on what you saw against actual competition!

Look at 2AA Miss Basketball. She’s going to D2 Trevecca and the others up for the Award are going to TEXAS TECH and the other has many D1 offers.

She also played for Flight in the Summer, but I’m guessing doesn’t have as high of a ceiling even though she’s a GREAT high school basketball player.

Why aren’t the fans here interested about her winning back to back Miss Basketball Awards in a higher classification than Moore or Darby. I mean we surely could convince a D2 girl to UT right?

Because the 2AA nominees weren't high school teammates, that's what makes Amb's question interesting...

Reactions: Amb3096
I see what your saying but the 2AA girls were summer teammates. So the math works out easily as to why 1 not the other by extension. At least I think so.

But as you know, Miss Basketball is based on high school performance not AAU. It's just a little eyebrow-raising that CMM, for the second year in a row, was voted to be the better player between the two even after Darby's high profile commitment...

One would think that if Moore-McNeil was the best performer (not saying the best player) on her team, then scouts coming to confirm what they saw from Darby during the summer would take notice of Moore-McNeil's performance...unless the level of competition was so subpar that her numbers become almost meaningless.

As I understand it, Coach Kellie personally went to watch Tess at practice, and apparently she was impressed enough to offer her a scholarship as soon as she was in a legal position to do so. Since that very day, several here have gone the extra mile to find something wrong with Tess Darby, even referring to the offer as a “desperate” move. In fact, a few posts up this scroll, she is again relegated to “a reliable role player.” This might work out to be the case, but I don’t think that Tess will come to Knoxville with that attitude, and I highly doubt that Coach Kellie has recruited her with that ceiling established.
Some of us who are so bent on athleticism will soon be shocked at what a well-coached, unselfish, disciplined, team-first group of basketball players can accomplish.
We didn’t like the Kellie selection, therefore she can hardly be forgiven for not signing the #1 - 2020 class. And, going forward every commitment will be a last ditch effort; and every missed signing - and most-specifically those “slow-footed” shooter types - couldn’t possibly be good enough ...even someone like Karoline Striplin, who was good enough for Oregon, is seen as a fill-in until someone better arrives. Incredible.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back