'21 NC DT Payton Page (Clemson commit)

I don't get why this is a "lol".

I'm not asking the staff to take players from UGA and Clemson. If they struggle to pry NC kids away from UNC, that's no bueno.
If you’re paying attention to recruiting, UNC has a boatload of momentum going their way right now. Home state pride is a thing in other states other than ours. We don’t have the best high school football here compared to lots of other states.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
If you’re paying attention to recruiting, UNC has a boatload of momentum going their way right now. Home state pride is a thing in other states other than ours. We don’t have the best high school football here compared to lots of other states.

Cool. This is a results based business. Recruiting better than UNC is a reasonable expectation for an SEC program trying to establish itself in the top-middle tier of the conference.

It's really early, so it's not worth fretting over. I'm just saying the "well, do you expect us to outrecruit UNC?!?!?!" line is pretty ridiculous.

Cool. This is a results based business. Recruiting better than UNC is a reasonable expectation for an SEC program trying to establish itself in the top-middle tier of the conference.

It's really early, so it's not worth fretting over. I'm just saying the "well, do you expect us to outrecruit UNC?!?!?!" line is pretty ridiculous.
Mack Brown has always been a hell of a recruiter. He made UNC relevant before he left for Texas, and he remained in the national spotlight after leaving Texas. Sure, UNC is a basketball school, but their football history isn't complete trash like other basketball schools. It should come as no surprise that they're recruiting well now.

UNC uses its basketball to recruit football players. Always has. They have a nice class going but will lose their share to out of state. SEC in particular carries a great deal of weight over here.
Mack Brown has always been a hell of a recruiter. He made UNC relevant before he left for Texas, and he remained in the national spotlight after leaving Texas. Sure, UNC is a basketball school, but their football history isn't complete trash like other basketball schools. It should come as no surprise that they're recruiting well now.

I will never understand why a kid would want to play ball at a school or conference that has no fans. All those shots of half empty stadiums for the ACC title game says it all.

UNC uses its basketball to recruit football players. Always has. They have a nice class going but will lose their share to out of state. SEC in particular carries a great deal of weight over here.
I don't know if recruits saw too many good games at UNC this winter.

I’m 38 this week and I wasn’t alive the last time they won an ACC title. Duke and Wake have won one more recently. The UNC football program can EAD.

2020 class did exceptionally well In-State.
Omari Thomas, Bryson Eason, and Keshawn Lawrence are probably 3 future NFL players.

And we stole 4 stars from the states of South Carolina, Alabama, and Florida.

We have a really good recruiting machine right now. And State pride is higher than it's ever been imo. We signed 5 players from Memphis alone last year....when has UT EVER been able to do that?

VN Store

Back