(3/9/2020) Brandon Davis suffers non-life threatening gun shot wound

Hopefully he makes a full recovery and that's the end of it. I'm hoping he wasn't stupid enough to have been responsible for this. We'll see I guess.

Hopefully he makes a full recovery and that's the end of it. I'm hoping he wasn't stupid enough to have been responsible for this. We'll see I guess.
When an underage person is shot in a Bar, the gun vanishes, and everyone is suddenly hit with "I am to stupid to know anything", this can't be the end of it. What if he isn't lying? We have a shooter still running around, if he is lying, then where is the gun? A lot does not add up here.

Reactions: AM64 and DC_Vol
When an underage person is shot in a Bar, the gun vanishes, and everyone is suddenly hit with "I am to stupid to know anything", this can't be the end of it. What if he isn't lying? We have a shooter still running around, if he is lying, then where is the gun? A lot does not add up here.
It's a wierd incident for sure. I just meant I hope he was an innocent bystander like he said. Then he can, hopefully recover and move on. That being the end of it for him. Of course I hope the shooter is identified. I just hope it isn't Davis.

Reactions: AM64 and I40flyer
Governor Northam, is that you?
Not hardly tater head. I'm pro 2nd amendment and owned firearms most all my life. But one thing is for sure. Nothing good is happing with these players hanging out in the bars on the strip or any other part of town. It's to bad Pruitt can't or won't put a stop to it. That is a lesson they will need to learn on their own.

Last edited:
Reactions: I40flyer
When they broke up Gibbs Hall and "allowed" students to live where they wanted to, all ability to control student athletes was lost. This isn't the coach staff's issue anymore. Tell the NCAA to back off and put the SA's BACK IN GIBBS HALL and institute bed checks. Establish reasonable curfews based on age and do f'ing bed checks.

Agree but unfortunately, for what seems like "many" of our players through the past two decades, the "some point" occurs post 4 years. Shame, really is. Think the colleges would have a course offered to athletes on the perils of being an athlete and how to recognize and avoid dangerous situations. Yes, this is all common sense but, like many of us when we were 18-22, common sense doesn't always prevail.

I gave a like, but not for whole post just the highlighted portion.

When they broke up Gibbs Hall and "allowed" students to live where they wanted to, all ability to control student athletes was lost. This isn't the coach staff's issue anymore. Tell the NCAA to back off and put the SA's BACK IN GIBBS HALL and institute bed checks. Establish reasonable curfews based on age and do f'ing bed checks.
They can't because it was an NCAA requirement

This sounds good, but-what do you do with the married players, and/or those that are not married, but have a child? BTW the idea that all our players are 18-22 sounds good, but many are older than that. The power of the program is to kick trouble makers off the team, or put them on a special mental rehab program and/or both.

This sounds good, but-what do you do with the married players, and/or those that are not married, but have a child? BTW the idea that all our players are 18-22 sounds good, but many are older than that. The power of the program is to kick trouble makers off the team, or put them on a special mental rehab program and/or both.
Spring is here so work them until they are too tired to go out and get in trouble. Offseason goofing off time is over.

Spring is here so work them until they are too tired to go out and get in trouble. Offseason goofing off time is over.
Right on! Offseason goofing off time is one thing, but offseason shootings should never happen, on or off. I hope CJP gets a handle on this one, as bar shootings never lead to a good end, underage kids in bars- never leads to a good end.

Last edited:
It only takes one “other than VOLS fan” who witnessed the events to go all out against our players or fans. Our student athletes and fans need to understand doing something criminal or something that reflects negatively on the UT is like a fumble in a big game. I remember when players ran to the top of Neyland and back for conduct unbecoming a VOL.

I don't know why any UT fan would continue to perpetuate the Florida-invented "Fulmer Cup", which was beyond pot-calling-kettle-black even in the worst days of UT arrests.
Florida certainly had no room to talk about us. But there was a span there that we weren’t choirboys. We had like 21 arrests in a 17 month period. Certainly a lack of discipline on some of Phil’s teams in his later years. Part of the slide that you can’t ignore.

Reactions: NighthawkVol

VN Store

Back