NCAA LV SPOLERS, Automatic Qualifiers, and other tournament NEWS!

I'm sure we just dropped to the last four in at least according to Creme were at the top.

Such a bipolar board. After Mizzou, it was "we are ready to start Kicking butt and taking names;" after KY - sigh, it is probably time to disband the program; it was good run but all things come to an end......

I assume we are in the NCAA; Creme originally had speculated that winning the last two reg. season games would be enough (done); then it was the LVs needed to win a game in the SEC tourney (done); then it was, the LVs needed the KY to be sure. And probably true, there is a little more cause for concern after the KY loss but it is kind of the death risk a healthy 25 year old faces from corona; not really something to be that worried about.

Barring some really unforeseen events, the LVs are likely an 11th seed).

Not a great position but if the match-ups fell their way (and Rennia goes on a run), the LVs could win 2 games and make it to the Sweet 16.

At the start of the season, if an offer had been on the table for a 3rd place finish in the SEC and a Sweet 16 birth, we would have a LOT of takers.

So, it ain't over till its over.

And realistically, what the LVs can do in the short run is up their defensive intensity; that aspect of their game has fallen off. But, they have two weeks or so, to get rested and psyched to play like defensive demons for one weekend. It can be done.
Corona the beer or the virus? The beer is something to worry bout behind the steering wheel of a motor vehicle.
Just saying 😁

If Boston College is in so is UT. They lost 2 Quad 3 games, and lost 3 Quad 2 games. And while UT only won 1 Quad 1 game, BC only has 2 Quad 1 wins. UT didnt lose a game from a Quad 2 or 3 team. UT profile is better than the other teams right on the bubble. Not because I wear orange colored glasses, the data is there.

Pretty sure we're in NCAA and the point is moot, but if it did come down to the WNIT Coach Rick Barnes says hold my refreshing, wholesome glass of milk. He just said of course he'd accept an NIT bid because his young players, duh, need to play. Especially in tourney situations. This coming directly off an SEC co-championship and a Sweet 16 almost Elite 8 appearance, territory the LVs haven't sniffed in awhile.

Remain as delusional as you like (cuz Lord knows . . .) about some former glory dictating current decisions. Hopefully those actually making the decisions have the direct interest of the current players as their first concern.

Thank you "hemorrhoid" for being a pain in my butt

It is a moot point, but I still stand on my soapbox...NO WNIT, not now, not on my watch

I need preparation-H for you glv
Good grief

If Boston College is in so is UT. They lost 2 Quad 3 games, and lost 3 Quad 2 games. And while UT only won 1 Quad 1 game, BC only has 2 Quad 1 wins. UT didnt lose a game from a Quad 2 or 3 team. UT profile is better than the other teams right on the bubble. Not because I wear orange colored glasses, the data is there.

Your beef should be with Purdue a 10 seed 18-14 (8-10 Big Ten) not with TN you think ?

Y'all are way overthinking this...

giphy.gif

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
UConn MURDERING Cincinnati is great for us tbh. Will take away a free bid from the American and won’t help Cincinnati’s at large bid.

I just used BC as an example because they have been mentioned on this site. UT is not missing the tourney. Relax if youre the ones worried.

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
Bracketology with Charlie Creme
LAST UPDATED: 3/9/20 10:00 AM ET

nope,,,no doomsday yet
But not so good with the BC upset...hate this!
We should keep in mind that Creme is a bit of a drama queen looking for traffic. Throwing out the Lady Vols and The Streak adds to the drama. I really do think we are in. 21 wins, power 5 conference and a 62.5% win rate in conference. No horrific losses. I like our chances.

Does anyone know anything about Charlie Creme? I can’t find anything on his background. Like, where is he from originally and where does he call home now? Where did he go to college? Is he a former athlete? Coach?

No, I’m not interested in stalking him. I’m just trying to get an idea about whether he might have some personal biases. He’s coming off as so anxious to find a way to keep Tennessee out of the tournament that it makes me wonder if he was Geno’s college roommate or something. lol

But seriously, I do wonder what his background is.

Reactions: JustaChicken
Does anyone know anything about Charlie Creme? I can’t find anything on his background. Like, where is he from originally and where does he call home now? Where did he go to college? Is he a former athlete? Coach?

No, I’m not interested in stalking him. I’m just trying to get an idea about whether he might have some personal biases. He’s coming off as so anxious to find a way to keep Tennessee out of the tournament that it makes me wonder if he was Geno’s college roommate or something. lol

Same here. I wonder how he got that position & why we should value what he thinks. He must just study WBB all day.

Reactions: lvocd

Historically, Creme has always been pretty fair to the LVs. I can recall several instances where he picked them to have a higher seed than the NCAA actually granted.

He maybe over selling the bubble status but there is no reason to presume that he is anti-vol. The reality is that, without any wins over ranked opponents and weak RPI, the LVs are the most "bubbly" they have ever been in the NCAA era.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back