NCAA LV SPOLERS, Automatic Qualifiers, and other tournament NEWS!

While watching the top teams win their games the last few days, it became even more crystal clear to me where our deficiencies are....

SC and MS have guards that slash toward the goal with great regularity....They often either draw a foul, or make their shot....This is a huge part of their great offensive success....If they are fouled, they most often make their free throws...The LVs, not so much.

Their bigs, both forward and centers, most often catch the entry passes, and make the lay ups most of the time...That alone is worth 10 wins. The LVs, not so much.

Their turnover ratio is low because the guards penetrate so often the ball is not usually lost on a forced pass to the bigs, sometimes yes, but not often...The LVs, way too many turnovers off forced passes to the post players.....

It's clear, we have to have much better guard play, and stop forcing the ball to the bigs....

Next season, with the return of Green and the two new freshmen guards, and maybe a transfer or two, the LVs can become a little more relevant again...

A guy can dream.....
elvis_presley-if_i_can_dream_s.jpg

While watching the top teams win their games the last few days, it became even more crystal clear to me where our deficiencies are....

SC and MS have guards that slash toward the goal with great regularity....They often either draw a foul, or make their shot....This is a huge part of their great offensive success....If they are fouled, they most often make their free throws...The LVs, not so much.

Their bigs, both forward and centers, most often catch the entry passes, and make the lay ups most of the time...That alone is worth 10 wins. The LVs, not so much.

Their turnover ratio is low because the guards penetrate so often the ball is not usually lost on a forced pass to the bigs, sometimes yes, but not often...The LVs, way too many turnovers off forced passes to the post players.....

It's clear, we have to have much better guard play, and stop forcing the ball to the bigs....

Next season, with the return of Green and the two new freshmen guards, and maybe a transfer or two, the LVs can become a little more relevant again...

A guy can dream.....
elvis_presley-if_i_can_dream_s.jpg
It’s almost like we’re so big we don’t like contact. I’d like to see us run an offense like Green Bay where 1 through 5 just rotate posting up until we find the matchup we want. Almost got us the year we had to go to Arizona State.

IUPUI taking control in their semifinal up 54-42 after 3. Not necessarily a risk for LVs if they lose.

South Dakota tipping off now in their Semi! MUST WATCH FOR LVs!

Last edited:
Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
Playing in the wnit tournament would be like going to somebody's house for a dance because we weren't invited to the prom. If we go to the wnit we are admitting that we are less of a program than we were. And I'm not ready for that

If you go to someone else's house to dance you still might get lucky!!! If you just stay home then.........

we are going to the NCAAT so it is a moot point, this year.

Last edited:
🚨 SCARE ALERT 🚨

A must win team “SOUTH DAKOTA” currently tied vs Oral Roberts 10-10 after 1 quarter in Conference semifinals!

Does Baylor have to win the conference tourney to keep number 1 seed?
I would doubt so. UConn, Louisville, Stanford, and NC State are their main competition. Louisville did not win. Stanford got whipped by 30. UConn has weaker resumé. NC State is lowest 2 seed. They’d probably just fall to a lower 1 seed

HUGE LADY VOL WIN!

Big East now projected 3 teams in the NCCAT!

DePaul vs Marquette is no longer a must-win for DePaul as per the LV seeding goes!

24 win Marquette and 19 win Creighton projected 10 seeds!

A DePaul win may move the LVs up to a 10 line however. Whether u think that is good or bad.

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
South Dakota Advances to Horizon League ship! They seem to be in a good position to steam roll that game as well.

However may be playing a last year sweet 16 team and rival in South Dakota State.

Playing in the wnit tournament would be like going to somebody's house for a dance because we weren't invited to the prom. If we go to the wnit we are admitting that we are less of a program than we were. And I'm not ready for that
Pretty sure we're in NCAA and the point is moot, but if it did come down to the WNIT Coach Rick Barnes says hold my refreshing, wholesome glass of milk. He just said of course he'd accept an NIT bid because his young players, duh, need to play. Especially in tourney situations. This coming directly off an SEC co-championship and a Sweet 16 almost Elite 8 appearance, territory the LVs haven't sniffed in awhile.

Remain as delusional as you like (cuz Lord knows . . .) about some former glory dictating current decisions. Hopefully those actually making the decisions have the direct interest of the current players as their first concern.

The schedule has more to do with where we are than anything else you replace four games in our non-conference schedule with 150 rpi teams and your an easy 8 seed even with just one top 50 rpi win. The schedule was very unfavorable to us as far as playing top 50 teams. Four at home and six on the road. We were 0 and 6 on the road and 1 and 3 at home. We should've beat A&M that was on the player 10 free throw misses has nothing to do with coaching. Some of our players on the free throw line illustrates their offensive skills. If you can't make free throws you are almost certainly also a terrible offensive player. There are of course exceptions, but 9 out of 10 times it holds true that you will not be an effective offensive player and even if you score a lot will not be in an efficient way.
No matter the schedule, our rating, or what seed we might get we still are who we are. Creme, take him for what he's worth, seemed almost personally offended we limped to the finish line with a tourney bid on the line. Its why he kept dragging the damn bar backwards.

Don't know how much the Committee weighs current trends, but the truth is we aren't playing very well, certainly not consistently, even in our wins. I just don't think they have very much faith in the LVs anymore, and for good reason. We badly need to do something unexpected, in a good way.

Reactions: madtownvol
No matter the schedule, our rating, or what seed we might get we still are who we are. Creme, take him for what he's worth, seemed almost personally offended we limped to the finish line with a tourney bid on the line. Its why he kept dragging the damn bar backwards.

Don't know how much the Committee weighs current trends, but the truth is we aren't playing very well, certainly not consistently, even in our wins. I just don't think they have very much faith in the LVs anymore, and for good reason. We badly need to do something unexpected, in a good way.
I agree we suck and don't expect we'll get very far probably out game one. All about keeping a record that no other school has if possible. I don't know if we should get a bid we seem to be as viable as anyone else that is down where we are and also much better position that last season. I know we had that Texas win and an LSU win in the tourney overall 8 and 10 SEC. This time 11 and 7 SEC and we did beat several teams that beat ranked teams. We did win four of our last five even if they were all terrible teams. I'm not expecting much if we make the tourney still getting there would be somewhat of a boost for the program maybe.

I don't think we suck, wasn't saying that. I think we're average but with potential. I do agree getting to the tourney is better then not. It's another opportunity, let's see if we can do something positive with it.
I thought we should've had a much better gameplan for Kentucky. Whomever decided to run it up and down the court with them was badly misinformed about how this teams can play best. I'm not saying playing a slower style would've made us win the game it certainly could've kept us from losing by 21. I think were average around top 75 in the country. Were in the middle of our conference that has to get a lot better next year JMO present players must get a lot better and hopefully there is a plan to find a player of two that can help immediately.

Such a bipolar board. After Mizzou, it was "we are ready to start Kicking butt and taking names;" after KY - sigh, it is probably time to disband the program; it was good run but all things come to an end......

I assume we are in the NCAA; Creme originally had speculated that winning the last two reg. season games would be enough (done); then it was the LVs needed to win a game in the SEC tourney (done); then it was, the LVs needed the KY to be sure. And probably true, there is a little more cause for concern after the KY loss but it is kind of the death risk a healthy 25 year old faces from corona; not really something to be that worried about.

Barring some really unforeseen events, the LVs are likely an 11th seed).

Not a great position but if the match-ups fell their way (and Rennia goes on a run), the LVs could win 2 games and make it to the Sweet 16.

At the start of the season, if an offer had been on the table for a 3rd place finish in the SEC and a Sweet 16 birth, we would have a LOT of takers.

So, it ain't over till its over.

And realistically, what the LVs can do in the short run is up their defensive intensity; that aspect of their game has fallen off. But, they have two weeks or so, to get rested and psyched to play like defensive demons for one weekend. It can be done.

🚨 SPOILER DANGER 🚨

#11 (NCAA 3 seeded) Gonzaga only up by 4 in conference semis! Gonzaga has a history of choking in their conference tournament.

🚨 SPOILER DANGER 🚨

#11 (NCAA 3 seeded) Gonzaga only up by 4 in conference semis! Gonzaga has a history of choking in their conference tournament.
Strange things happen weird they are having so much trouble beating Portland a team that lost to Portland State a team we beat handily. Hopefully they can get it going and move away from them in the second half.

Reactions: VolFuture2k22
Zags let us down.. 1st major loss for the LVs so far. Still shouldn’t hurt our standing to poorly.

Attachments

• 3B1DF542-42A2-4E0E-B56A-192B32D74645.png
    3B1DF542-42A2-4E0E-B56A-192B32D74645.png
    274.8 KB · Views: 2

VN Store

Back