Lady Vols BBall recruited volleyball players

utkCREW

Because they can’t hit a shot to save their life and don’t look like they’ve ever played basketball.

I swear... It’s been gross to watch the Lady Vols for the past 8 years or more. Never seen talent projections and star ratings go SO unbelievably wasted.

Time to close shop and just recruit 1⭐ players.

Reactions: Vol67
I recommend ...
31ljsXw-%2B2L._SL500_AC_SS350_.jpg

Because they can’t hit a shot to save their life and don’t look like they’ve ever played basketball.

I swear... It’s been gross to watch the Lady Vols for the past 8 years or more. Never seen talent projections and star ratings go SO unbelievably wasted.

Got to give Kellie time to recruit some players

See, my posts on the men’s b-ball forums are completely opposite of how I react to the Lady Vols.

In the men’s threads I think people need to breathe because Barnes proves consistently that he can develop players, cultivate talent, is a decent game time coach, and has his players, at the very least, playing with insanity levels of TENACITY.

The men’s team also must have reasonable, but high expectations, because we aren’t a DUKE or UK.

The Lady Vols...20+ years of my life, have been the pinnacle of women’s basketball, tenacity, and player development (mostly). So to see the past 8ish years essentially shite on that tradition makes my stomach turn!!!!

See, my posts on the men’s b-ball forums are completely opposite of how I react to the Lady Vols.

In the men’s threads I think people need to breathe because Barnes proves consistently that he can develop players, cultivate talent, is a decent game time coach, and has his players, at the very least, playing with insanity levels of TENACITY.

The men’s team also must have reasonable, but high expectations, because we aren’t a DUKE or UK.

The Lady Vols...20+ years of my life, have been the pinnacle of women’s basketball, tenacity, and player development (mostly). So to see the past 8ish years essentially shite on that tradition makes my stomach turn!!!!

Is any of that fair to the current crop of players...hell no. But that’s what you sign up for with the Tennessee Lady Vols fan base (me at least).

I don't think so. Vollyball players can run and jump and ,by rule, can not catch balls. Our basketball players need to get in much better physcial condition and the players at the #5 position need to learn how to jump and play defense by protecting the baseline and the lane. Most need to learn how to use the board to hit layups anf frw throws. The off season should be a lot of hard work.

Reactions: Benionsopinion
Its kinda like Pruitt in his first year coaching Butch Jones players. You got to change the culture. Kellie has Holly's players. Kellie will be just fine, give her time.

How much time did NC State give her?

Btw saw where NC ST crashed the top five this week. You have to think they bettered themselves after showing Kellie the door.

Kellie coached as many have wanted with intensity yesterday. She was on the officials and I believe she had the winning X O standpoint. The missed free throws is not on her. In the end look how points we left off the board. Last problem she has is a floor general to lead her team. Every good basketball team has a player who leads . Love Davis game but on the floor she not a leader. Ours is in knee brace watching and by the way she moves faster on sideline high fiving after made 3 than some of our players can move on the playing floor. Yes I will give Kellie time to work with and flip this roster.

Kellie gave Brian an earful yesterday early in the game. He turned and put his hand up and said "stop it". I don't know what she was saying but it was clearly not pleasantries. She talks to them constantly. People must not be very observant since they continue to harp on her not getting on officials or players.

She can't coach what she has
Based on half a season with a team she neither recruited nor developed. Any other factor that I missed? How is it we can moan that the former coach didn’t develop players at all, then turn around and criticize the next coach because the don’t wave a magic wand or blow pixie dust and make them an instantly well developed group?

I really understand your frustrations. those of us that saw the good years just watch in amazement in what used to be compared to now. When Kelley played there were players running to open spots on the floor. they attacked the basket and unlike today could hit a layup. Shoot free throws and actually make them. Rebound like crazy, run the floor with passion. the game meant something to them. they didn't have to be ready to give your all for Tennessee today. I saw a picture of our starting five at the beginning of the season with the payers with outstretched arms just to show the little space the offense had to work in. Only thing about that, you have to be willing to move to prevent their guards from tucking their heads and drive to the basket. Because we are taller, we would rather let them pass us by and block the shot out of bounds. that's cooler and Lord who takes on a charge anymore. not as cool. Only Lou Brown has taken a charge that I can remember. I remember watching Pat Summitt tell Mickie DeMoss and Holley Warlick, that they had a good team, but not a great team. She wished her team didn't play liked timid little girls. Pat would teach Pride, hit the floor for loose ball, sharp passes, TEAMWORK. Well at least we are tall.

Harrison Vol, if you go onto YouTube and watch some of the old Ladyvol games, you will see the exact same errors and problems with the execution of play. I just watched the NC game against Auburn from (89?) which would have been right in Pat's heyday. Watching the unforced errors and poor passing, you'd swear you were watching this years team. Good thing they had Bridgette Gordon that day to score and Sheila Frost to rebound all the misses.

We do tend to look back through rose-colored glasses. But I don't remember the execution problems being as prevalent, more the exception than the norm. I remember play being alot cleaner all the way around in what I consider the heyday, the late ninties and early 2000s, the Meek Era into Kara Lawson.

Good thing they had Bridgette Gordon that day to score and Sheila Frost to rebound all the misses.
Pat's forte, and she said it often, was coaching around the best player in the known universe. That and the most hardass, overplaying D imaginable. When asked what she attributed her success to, she almost always said, "Having the best player". Geno was the same, he once said at the Final Four he was sure they'd win it and when asked why said "Because I have Tarausi and they don't". It was a superstar era of WCBB. Seems like it changed to more a team oriented offensive game 10 yrs ago and the LVs have struggled to adapt. If given the chance, I'm sure Pat would have just like Geno has.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2

Then your memory is bad, only 2 yrs were we great shooters, undefeated yr, and next. We always won on 2,3,4th putbacks. Pat was a genius, but never an offensive one. Plus, the game changed, UCONN started offensive first and effectively got to top. Then whomever had best player won 90% of titles, 3pt shot also changed it. Pat didn't have great, or up to standards after Parker, and Baby Vols were loaded but Johnson was a shadow of offensive weapon she turn into in college. Now you need several great offensive players and 2 or 3 good ones. Green, Davis,Horston , Key, Massengale, And other Green is a huge miss out, with green going out. If we could have gotten Collins to stay, well who knows, but next yr would of been a great one indeed. We aren't that much worse at shooting than many champ Pat teams. Remember no one gave us a chance when parker threw shoulder out, twice in semi finals, that game was in low 50s, everyone said we had no go too scorer

This group of LVs basketball are sure as heck not volleyball players! None of them can jump more than 5 inches off the floor

Many on this team could have walked and the freshmen could have opted out but they stayed. This coach could have stayed where she was and reaped the success
of her previous team but she came.Last few years under Holly was hell in the frying pan but here we are, devil be damned.
They may not be the fastest , strongest, or can jump over buildings in a single bound, or able to stop bullets
bulls***t .
But this is my team and coach, win or lose, I love the
hell out of me some Lady Vols.
And I feel loved back.

VN Store

Back