Guitars.. What you got?

I highly encourage you to push the boundaries of your creativity, and approach music with an open mind. It 100% will make you a better musician, and it will allow you to appreciate the continuation of musical development. It kind of blows my mind that our teeny tiny box of Western-style music with a mere 12-note chromatic scale still yields innovation in 2019.

I only found out a few months ago that some people are offended by extended range guitars, and that definitely makes me scratch my head.

Few master the 6 string, so why add another? As you said, it is just 12 notes so all you are adding is an octave. I would rather learn alternative scales or tunings on a 6 string.

More power to you if that's what you want to do. Please explain to me how playing extended range is a bad thing.

Never said it was. If someone feels they have mastered 6 strings, then by all means. If someone is beginner or intermediate, which is most, then that person can still push his creative boundary without additional complexity. Why take calculus without trigonometry?

Nothing wrong with it as it is subjective.

Never said it was. If someone feels they have mastered 6 strings, then by all means. If someone is beginner or intermediate, which is most, then that person can still push his creative boundary without additional complexity. Why take calculus without trigonometry?

Nothing wrong with it as it is subjective.
I agree that it's subjective, but why would anyone need anyone else's permission, approval, or blessing for trying to do something different?

And let's make one thing clear, no one in the history of humanity has ever mastered a musical instrument. You only master your own style, and your style is comprised of your own unique preferences. Playing extended range is not a claim of superiority, it's just personal taste.

I highly encourage you to push the boundaries of your creativity, and approach music with an open mind. It 100% will make you a better musician, and it will allow you to appreciate the continuation of musical development. It kind of blows my mind that our teeny tiny box of Western-style music with a mere 12-note chromatic scale still yields innovation in 2019.

I only found out a few months ago that some people are offended by extended range guitars, and that definitely makes me scratch my head.
I have no problem with anyone playing whatever pops their rocks. I’ve been playing for 33 years and still haven’t mastered a 4 string bass. I’ve played 5 and 6 string basses but always go back to 4. I own two 5 strings simply because their are some lower registers where it comes in handy. But I can’t say there was much of anything to learn.

I agree that it's subjective, but why would anyone need anyone else's permission, approval, or blessing for trying to do something different?

And let's make one thing clear, no one in the history of humanity has ever mastered a musical instrument. You only master your own style, and your style is comprised of your own unique preferences. Playing extended range is not a claim of superiority, it's just personal taste.
And why do we need anyone’s permission to question it?

Really like the sea foam green prs. If I get another it will be a prs or a 1275

Really like the sea foam green prs. If I get another it will be a prs or a 1275
I will have to say, it took me a while to get on the PRS wagon, but after I got my first one (the grey/black one) I was hooked. They have become my favorites electric guitars. I see a lot of folks on here with some nice equipment, but as far a acoustic guitars, I have stuck with Takamine...I have several and to me the have great sound, and aren't too expensive.

I may have to go look at one of the new Epiphone Masterbilt Excellente guitars. I can't imagine buying an original but as an Ernest Tubb admirer, I cannot imagine the regret I may have if this turns out to be a short-lived release and I don't get one while I can. I really don't have the use for another acoustic guitar but it's so dang pretty I think I'd rather look at this on the wall than most of the stuff we have hung up now.

When Tommy Emmanuel, Clapton, Derek Trucks, Mark Knopfler, etc, etc, pick up a guitar with more than 6 strings, I’ll entertain the notion. Until then, it just leaves me scratching my head.
That's fair, but if you want to be unique, you need to go outside the box

Offended?

Reactions: volwindy

VN Store

Back