Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're about to axe Dish (in May when the 2 yr contract expires so I won't get hit with any BS cancellation fee)

We basically will have
Disney+ bundle (includes ESPN+ & Hulu w/ Ads) = $12.99
Netflix =$13.99
philo TV = $20
YouTube TV = FREE (shared)

We went with philo because it has MTV & Nickelodeon channels. Dish cost more than all of this by itself (if we were paying for YouTube TV too).

You went with Philo because of the Hallmark Channel. Just admit it

Local co-op, and they don't have data limits monthly. The speeds we get aren't great and their pricing is weak, but no data limits is definitely a perk.

Having used a variety of applications (console, fire sticks, chromecast, smart TV, etc.) we are Roku 4 lyfe now.

we have a 2 TB limit and never come close to reaching it.

Careful on that. We have let my in-laws have our login for YTTV since they are retired, and there have been plenty of times on evenings and weekends when we are trying to watch something and get the dreaded message that YTTV is already streaming on three devices. First-world problem, I know. But damnit, if I'm paying the bill I sure as hell shouldn't be the one getting that message!

At most we'd have 2 on at the same time in the current situation. I wasn't aware it had a limit on streaming devices.

we have a 2 TB limit and never come close to reaching it.

Yeah, unless you're a 4K junkie who also happens to download massive files on the regular I'd be shocked if even a daily TV streamer used half of that 2 TB limit.

When we had Comcast in Clinton the limit was 250 GB and I was worried we'd blow right past that, I don't even think a "heavy" month got over 200 GB.

At most we'd have 2 on at the same time in the current situation. I wasn't aware it had a limit on streaming devices.
Yep, there is a max of three. We have two kids and the in-laws, so usually it's only four that are trying to stream at once. When it happens, we take one of the kids devices away whether they deserve it or not...let me rephrase that...whether we know why they deserve it or not.

Local co-op, and they don't have data limits monthly. The speeds we get aren't great and their pricing is weak, but no data limits is definitely a perk.

Having used a variety of applications (console, fire sticks, chromecast, smart TV, etc.) we are Roku 4 lyfe now.
i've got an LG smart TV, Web OS operating system...i pretty much hate it. it doesn't offer any real options as far as apps go, can't even get espn, appletv or hbonow...which is just dumb imo.

i can screen casst from my phone, so that does help, but it's just another thing to keep up with.

i've got rokus on all the other TV's...thinking about putting one on this thing.

Careful on that. We have let my in-laws have our login for YTTV since they are retired, and there have been plenty of times on evenings and weekends when we are trying to watch something and get the dreaded message that YTTV is already streaming on three devices. First-world problem, I know. But damnit, if I'm paying the bill I sure as hell shouldn't be the one getting that message!
You get 6 accounts with YTTV though. I have 5 family that I have added to my account.

Reactions: MoCo_Vol
Okay guys, need some advice. I’ve had YouTube TV, but today they announced they didn’t reach an agreement with Sinclair and this will no longer carry Fox Regional stations. That means no more Braves, thus, for me, that means no more YouTube Tv.

Which streaming service do you guys recommend? Hulu? Sling? Thanks.
Perfect time to give up baseball and increase leg day frequency, IMO

Just a heads up, if you're in the market and just want a good solid value level TV.

TCL has built in Roku...not sure why the big boys (LG, Samsung, Sony, Vizio, etc.) didn't go that route. Some use their own OS (stupid) some use the Google Chromecast garbage.

No need to explain the the upside, I get it, I really do.
But you still have to admit that for a country obsessed with second chances and redemption stories, we sure appear the opposite.

We just keep finding new ways to go back further and dig deeper to find if someone ever did anything.
So that we can deny them.🤷‍♂️
I’m guessing here but doesn’t the HF test just go back like 6 months?

Reactions: chargervol
1 "parent" email = main one

and then you can add up to 5 "family" member emails

We just have 1 email added to someone else's plan.

One thing to be cautious of, this essentially "shares" your Google Wallet. So if for example you add someone who has an Android device and they use the gmail for YT as well as Android they now can use YOUR CC with Google Wallet to buy apps etc.

(ask me how I know this....)

Yeah, unless you're a 4K junkie who also happens to download massive files on the regular I'd be shocked if even a daily TV streamer used half of that 2 TB limit.

When we had Comcast in Clinton the limit was 250 GB and I was worried we'd blow right past that, I don't even think a "heavy" month got over 200 GB.

😕 my family...
We have 150 GB and have gone over twice. No tv service attached.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
Just a heads up, if you're in the market and just want a good solid value level TV.

TCL has built in Roku...not sure why the big boys (LG, Samsung, Sony, Vizio, etc.) didn't go that route. Some use their own OS (stupid) some use the Google Chromecast garbage.
Got one for Christmas 2018, its been awesome.

Okay yeah that's what I was thinking... each of the 6 accounts has a 3 streaming device limit then, right?
Nope...three concurrent streams total. I set up a separate account (login) for my inlaws, but it still counts toward the total of three.

Reactions: MoCo_Vol
Opposite in my business, just about every cinematographer, audio guy, editor etc all smoke weed. Like about 80% of them and they all are very very good at their jobs. For creatives it's a good thing.

You do much work with the industry in GA? Ton of production activity here. Didn’t realize how big it was until I started digging into the industry a year or so ago.

Reactions: bignewt

Samsung at one point did do Roku TV, but got out of it for whatever reason...iirc...i swear i remember seeing samsung with roku built in? could be wrong...

but yeah, i agree. the standard operating services that come with LG...it sucks. i like the TV, and it's features...but they can keep that WEBOS stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back