Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I'm a huge Childers fan, found him before he released Purgatory and then he blew right the hell up all the sudden on me. Last night showed me the headliner opened though. I like Sturgill alright, but his vocals were indistinguishable last night. He plays a mean guitar though, and he's going for more of a Southern Rock sound now it seems. But it was more packed for Tyler and when he finished his set with just him and the guitar you couldn't hear him singing over the crowd singing along.

Gave me chills in the stands, I can only imagine how he felt on that stage alone with over 3000 people drowning him out. But he played Rhythm N' Blooms here last year to about 3 times that crowd, so maybe he's used to it?

Same, I live about 90 miles from Wheres he from, and our secretary is from the same hometown. I went to marshall and still have friends in Huntington where Tyler really got his start. Been a fan for a long time!
We saw him last year in Key West at mile zero fest. Trampled by Turtles was the headline that night, and the place was empty after Tyler got done playing. He’s more amazing in person. Not much of a crowd worker, but that doesn’t matter for him.
Actually met him afterwards, he’s not much for conversation either lol. He did say “Go Vols” when he saw my power T yeti tho!

Talked to someone yesterday that saw them together in KY over new year. Said Timmy was outstanding, and sturgill sucked. I’m not a big fan of sturgills latest stuff.
Well if you read recent interviews it doesn't even sound like he wants to be on his own tour, was curious if these types of reviews might start to come out of these shows.

Talked to someone yesterday that saw them together in KY over new year. Said Timmy was outstanding, and sturgill sucked. I’m not a big fan of sturgills latest stuff.

I really dug his newest stuff, I love how he swings for the fences and keeps changing his sound. That and the Netflix movie he made to go with the album...dude is amazing.

Reactions: BlackLabelVols
Same, I live about 90 miles from Wheres he from, and our secretary is from the same hometown. I went to marshall and still have friends in Huntington where Tyler really got his start. Been a fan for a long time!
We saw him last year in Key West at mile zero fest. Trampled by Turtles was the headline that night, and the place was empty after Tyler got done playing. He’s more amazing in person. Not much of a crowd worker, but that doesn’t matter for him.
Actually met him afterwards, he’s not much for conversation either lol. He did say “Go Vols” when he saw my power T yeti tho!

Yeah, seems like a pretty chill guy. I'd love to meet him and the band though. He's a different kind of musician, the songs that people seem to really love and know are oddly enough not on either studio album. Which is crazy, first time I saw him at the Bijou he was the headliner and I think he had just released his first studio album and he sang stuff not on that album and the crowd seemed to know every word to every song, it was wild.

Reactions: Z06VolinWV
Sorry, not running in the rain. It's why I bought a treadmill. :)
I had to get rid of my last treadmill because I used to run on it barefoot and one of my achilles-tendon became really swollen. The doctor told me to stop running on the treadmill barefoot so I just started using it to hang my clothes on. That solved my problem :):). These days, whenever I get the urge to run, I just lay down until the urge goes away :cool::cool::cool:

Yeah, seems like a pretty chill guy. I'd love to meet him and the band though. He's a different kind of musician, the songs that people seem to really love and know are oddly enough not on either studio album. Which is crazy, first time I saw him at the Bijou he was the headliner and I think he had just released his first studio album and he sang stuff not on that album and the crowd seemed to know every word to every song, it was wild.
Purgatory? Or way back in the Bottles and Bibles days?

So after watching Frozen 2 again I've come to the conclusion that since Arendale almost drowned that Tennessee almost drowned. Much like when Frozen came out Arendale was under a lot of snow and cold and Tennessee was also under a lot of snow and cold

giphy-downsized-large.gif

“Georgia football senior defensive lineman Devonte Wyatt was arrested at 11:35 p.m. on Tuesday night by the Clarke County Sheriff’s Office on charges of criminal trespass, damage to property and family violence.

The Athens-Clarke County jail booking report indicated the charges are of the misdemeanor variety, and Wyatt remained incarcerated at the time of this writing.”

"He is not expected to miss any practice or games because Georgia."

Purgatory? Or way back in the Bottles and Bibles days?

Purgatory, was his first "studio" album. Since Bottles & Bibles he self produced.

March 31, 2018 was the show I caught at the Bijou, Purgatory had been out half a year or so.

Can't recall exactly when I found Tyler, 2015 or 2016 I know it was a little bit before he dropped Purgatory though. Wish I had found him sooner, he apparently used to play Market Square for tips to drink at the Pub.

Reactions: RiotVol
"He is not expected to miss any practice or games because Georgia."
Georgia is going all in on trying to win a championship. When they don't win 1 this year, they will ratchet it up a notch. They will be on probation before long. They are desperate to win NOW, shortcuts and all.

Why is State Farm so expensive? My step dad is fighting with them now for raising his premiums for the past 4 years....since his agent retired. I told him that they are probably basing premiums on zip code (he lives in Memphis, Hickory Hood area).

Have you seen the non-stop ads? That is way State Farm, Allstate, etc are so expensive. Most people probably have never hear of half the insurance companies out there, but they generally provide as good or better coverage, as good or better customer service, and almost always much better pricing than the companies that spend millions on tv and radio advertising.

Georgia is going all in on trying to win a championship. When they don't win 1 this year, they will ratchet it up a notch. They will be on probation before long. They are desperate to win NOW, shortcuts and all.

I look forward to hearing about their sanctions and the many years of post season bans that will come with them.

Georgia OL Andrew Thomas names loudest SEC environments

“Either Auburn or Tennessee,” Thomas replied.

When it comes to playing in a stadium like Jordan-Hare or Neyland, Thomas says it’s just incredible tough for the offensive linemen to communicate with one another. If the opposing team shows blitz late, it can be nearly impossible to make the proper changes in time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back