Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cochran will coach special teams. And I guarantee you he will be their S&C lead coach as well. Adding the Special teams gig was a way to up his pay and steal him from Bama just to get him their to coach S&C. Not hard to see what Kirby is doing. Isn't like he hired him as offensive coordinator. Special teams is something every coach has a hand in so isn't like their pinning their hopes and dreams on Cochran's on field abilities.

Good thing Fitz is just as good if not better of a S&C coach

There is a difference in the amount of time the S&C coaches and the on field coaches can spend with the players. How could he be an on field coach and still be the lead S&C?

There is a difference in the amount of time the S&C coaches and the on field coaches can spend with the players. How could he be an on field coach and still be the lead S&C?
Would be like Chaney checking in with the OL group. He could also be like a S&C coach on the field.

Would be like Chaney checking in with the OL group. He could also be like a S&C coach on the field.
Not if there are rules prohibiting how much time on field coaches can spend with the team. Chaney was at practice when the whole team was at practice so he can work with any position group he wants. UGA will have to try to find creative ways Cochran can work as strength coach also. Like pre record Richard Simmons work out classes.

I get it. They are planning on lifting weights during the games as hard as they normally would during the off season and need that S&C presence on the field. Is Wes Rucker consulting for UGA football coaching hires?

Wasting an on field coach role for a dude who's expertise is in different types of push-ups seems awfully strange. He's not going to be able to personally run their S&C unless he does it through a peep hole in the door. And I don't think anyone is under the impression he's the highest paid S&C coach in the country because he can make a schedule.

Odd. Big loss for Bama and doesn't make any sense for Georgia from where I'm standing. They must think he will make for an A+ recruiter.

Butch told Saban they didn't need S C coach?

Would make the millions of dollars we have been required to pay him worth it if it were true, but unfortunately, Butch only gets to bring Nick his meals and change his depends in silence. No talking allowed.

Not if there are rules prohibiting how much time on field coaches can spend with the team. Chaney was at practice when the whole team was at practice so he can work with any position group he wants. UGA will have to try to find creative ways Cochran can work as strength coach also. Like pre record Richard Simmons work out classes.
I know all that. In practices. S&C personnel can’t coach em up...now Cochran can. Their current guy will still be their coach on paper. But he could report to Cochran and no alarms would go off.

Acting like a dude with 2+ decades working in football can't coach special teams is just silly. It hurts Bama more than it helps Georgia, without question. Georgia is also now going to be paying a first time Special Team's coach more than 600k which is pretty absurd.

I mean I hope he falls on his face hard as hell and Georgia sucks majorly. Hope Alabama is equally as bad and we rise like a phoenix from the ashes of this huge clusterf*** that has been created by Kirby "not very" Smart.

Is that enough blind fandom for ya?!?!

Wasting an on field coach role for a dude who's expertise is in different types of push-ups seems awfully strange. He's not going to be able to personally run their S&C unless he does it through a peep hole in the door. And I don't think anyone is under the impression he's the highest paid S&C coach in the country because he can make a schedule.

Odd. Big loss for Bama and doesn't make any sense for Georgia from where I'm standing. They must think he will make for an A+ recruiter.
You guys are shortsighted on this. He can still talk to everybody and basically his assistants will run the workouts. He doesn’t have to earn respect from new players...he’s an institution. He’ll run along that line as tight as he can without tiptoeing over...or tiptoe over and no one’ll tattle. This move was made for the on field brutality his workouts used to inspire and the Sam Pittman level (if not more) name recognition in recruiting.

I'll admit I don't know where the first one came from. But something feels real wrong about using this moment as a meme. If it does come to that.

Edit: 2 seconds of googling says it came from his Hall of fame speech. I am okay with that one.
I was thinking that also, I thought it was from when he was talking about when his Dad died..that would not be cool.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
Can you be full time/head S&C coach and on field coach?

I ask because the NCAA limit how much time an on field coach can have with players.

But an S&C coach can have more time with them.

Maybe Kirby found a loop hole.

For sure, this should weaken Bama.

But does it strengthen UGA - probably.

You guys are shortsighted on this. He can still talk to everybody and basically his assistants will run the workouts. He doesn’t have to earn respect from new players...he’s an institution. He’ll run along that line as tight as he can without tiptoeing over...or tiptoe over and no one’ll tattle. This move was made for the on field brutality his workouts used to inspire and the Sam Pittman level (if not more) name recognition in recruiting.

Unfortunately this is why I dislike it...arguably the greatest S&C in the SEC is now at Georgia and can help the S&C staff there a ton. We just gotta hope he's really terrible at actual coaching. Cause if he's just a bit above average it's going to help Georgia in the long run having essentially 2 S&C coaches on staff.

Something else that's not being mentioned he was the Assistant Athletic Director at Bama too, maybe that was just a paper title...if it wasn't, maybe it hurts Bama even more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back