Scott Cochran to UGA as on-the-field Coach per Bruce Feldman (merged)

Disappointing, but not surprising. Scott and Kirby are very good friends. They both have special needs children and their families are very close. If Scott really wants to be an on-field guy, this is a good spot for him.

Disappointing, but not surprising. Scott and Kirby are very good friends. They both have special needs children and their families are very close. If Scott really wants to be an on-field guy, this is a good spot for him.
Wouldn't you figure he's far more valuable as a S&C coach though? Does he have any experience with on-the-field coaching?

Perhaps he tried this and it didn't work, but if I'm Saban I'd offer that guy just about whatever he wanted to stay on as my S&C coach. Perhaps he really wanted to try and on-the-field role and it wasn't really about money (although I'm naturally really skeptical when I hear things like that).

Cochran and Saban are the only common denominators of the dynasty, and now that Cochran's gone it's just Saban.

Wouldn't you figure he's far more valuable as a S&C coach though? Does he have any experience with on-the-field coaching?

Perhaps he tried this and it didn't work, but if I'm Saban I'd offer that guy just about whatever he wanted to stay on as my S&C coach. Perhaps he really wanted to try and on-the-field role and it wasn't really about money (although I'm naturally really skeptical when I hear things like that).

Cochran and Saban are the only common denominators of the dynasty, and now that Cochran's gone it's just Saban.

I really don't know. Even if he doesn't get an extra cent, he'll be making quite a bit for a special teams coach, and I'm sure Saban offered a raise. I can only assume it's about the role more than it's about money. It's a slight risk for Kirby in that Scott has never coached or recruited before. But, as a special teams guy I would think that's a risk worth taking. Worst case scenario: it doesn't work out and you have arguably the best S&C coach in the country already on the payroll.

I really don't know. Even if he doesn't get an extra cent, he'll be making quite a bit for a special teams coach, and I'm sure Saban offered a raise. I can only assume it's about the role more than it's about money. It's a slight risk for Kirby in that Scott has never coached or recruited before. But, as a special teams guy I would think that's a risk worth taking. Worst case scenario: it doesn't work out and you have arguably the best S&C coach in the country already on the payroll.
True. If I'm Georgia's current S&C coach, I'm kinda nervous, honestly.

Cochran has been with Saban a long time. Wonder what the story behind this is? Bigger loss for Alabubba than a lot of people will understand.

Reactions: feathersax
This is the dude doing all the "wooo!" and "you can do it" on the commercial at the little girl with the piggy bank, right?

Reactions: tbh

VN Store

Back