2021 Lady Vol Recruiting Thread

I would say you better be certain of who you sign from now on that they are really 100 percent committed to your program. The new rule with the one time transfer without penalty is going to play a huge role in whether players stay at the first school they sign with. If you over sign and they can't find playing time expect transfers immediately. The not having to sit out is going to make it quite necessary that the players you sign are viable to play a role their very first season with the team. I think the rule is really going to increase parity even more.
I agree with you except for your last sentence. I'm still not sure how the parity issue will play out.
It's dependent, of course, on how you define parity. But I could see a handful of schools getting senior transfers, in those seniors pursuit of a national championship. Top players, who have virtually no chance to win a championship at their current school, could find the call of a possible title irresistible.

Reactions: Volfan2012
I agree with you except for your last sentence. I'm still not sure how the parity issue will play out.
It's dependent, of course, on how you define parity. But I could see a handful of schools getting senior transfers, in those seniors pursuit of a national championship. Top players, who have virtually no chance to win a championship at their current school, could find the call of a possible title irresistible.

If you had 100 five star players and they were spread out over 40 schools would be a lot more parity than there is now. It want change things dramatically, but could give us at least 30 or more schools all capable of winning a National title kind of like the men's game is now.

Loretto Highschool, Sophmore, Karly Weathers (point guard) and her cousin, Junior, Kinsey Weathers (forward) didn't fail to please the huge crowd, in the TN District 1A Championship defeating Summertown last evening, with their advanced basketball skills. It was worth the trip!

The same AAU guy on Twitter that tweeted Striplin was signing with the Lady Vols sent out another tweet a couple of weeks back saying the same for Puckett.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
The same AAU guy on Twitter that tweeted Striplin was signing with the Lady Vols sent out another tweet a couple of weeks back saying the same for Puckett.
Yes I think we are definitely a player but so is a couple other teams think Louisville is one. We need her sharp shooter need some shooters on this team.

Louisville redshirted a 4 * player this year that the LVs had been recruiting. They are currently very deep. I have no knowledge but would expect Louisville will also be concerned on keeping their existing players.

When the list of players requesting new schools what skills/positions do you expect the LVs will focus on. Perhaps we will start a new thread Transfer Candidates 2021

Louisville redshirted a 4 * player this year that the LVs had been recruiting. They are currently very deep. I have no knowledge but would expect Louisville will also be concerned on keeping their existing players.

When the list of players requesting new schools what skills/positions do you expect the LVs will focus on. Perhaps we will start a new thread Transfer Candidates 2021
I would think point guard elite or a combo guard with a great three point shooting stroke that can drive the ball. I have heard from a reliable source that the coaching staff is at least going to look into a grad transfer. I don't know about regular transfers who would have to sit out unless of course we get a rule change.

Destiny Pitts from Minnesota would be a great pick up. Good point score, pretty good rebounder, and you can’t lose sight of her because she will hit the 3 pt shot.

Reactions: Volfan2012
Danielle Adams was a first team AA that year. She easily qualified as a star player.

The starting PG (Colson?) is still playing in the W. That was a strong pair, and they had a pretty good SF too if I remember.

Yes she was a juco player as well that had to work her way up to a big program (which she did very successfully).

But my point was there were no 5 stars on that championship team I don’t think. I know that win help them get some of their first McDonald’s all American plus the Courtneys

Destiny Pitts from Minnesota would be a great pick up. Good point score, pretty good rebounder, and you can’t lose sight of her because she will hit the 3 pt shot.

She would likely have to sit out the entire 2020-21 ?

She would likely have to sit out the entire 2020-21 ?

I dunno... with some of the kick back from her being benched because of “bodily language” the coach didn’t like and there are people that have gone on record to say
1. She has never been disciplined before
2. She wasn’t warned about her body language
3. The coach continued to bench her and didn’t give her an explanation

I don’t know what the NCAA might say. Could be considered a “toxic environment”

They play on the same AAU team ! Maybe they play two players at the 4 position? 😈

I don`t know it`s like Rivers and Key they play together in the NIKE EYBL same team but i think Rivers play the SG position but not sure

I don`t know it`s like Rivers and Key they play together in the NIKE EYBL same team but i think Rivers play the SG position but not sure
Does Puckett play a different position than Striplin?
Yes ! Striplin is an inside out 4 player who can hit the occasional 3. Puckett is a deadeye shooter who has size to play inside but is more comfortable on the wing playing the 3.

VN Store

Back