LOUDEST College Football stadium voting -OSU?

As a season ticket holder in the time period of 1988 - 2005. First games as a kid was the 1969 season first job was in Neyland till the mid 70's and went when ever I could to all the home games after that. Plus I have visited most all the other stadiums in SEC . I have Never went to Ohio State and most likely never will but I can say without a doubt Florida field is the loudest stadium I have ever heard / felt in the SEC. Was there in 1997 and 2001. In 97 I could feel the plastic cup vibrate in my hand from the noise of the crowd. That says a lot to me. Could only wish Neyland would be as loud.

Last edited:
Reactions: Credo and QU1ZE
Not based on "total seats", or "total tickets sold", but rather on what actually counts-Butts in seats/game would be a better measure, as there is nothing magical about OSU fans, most fans make about the same noise/fan. This seems like a simple problem. The only other variables that would be worth talking about would be shape (acoustic value of a given stadium) and does the stadium have "piped in sounds" such as elephants, or do many of the fans wear cow bells etc.

Reactions: vols40
For one game Neyland was the loudest I've experienced, but I'd put Kyle Field right up there. For sustained noise, nothing beats OU vs Texas.

I’ve been to both stadiums several times and it’s not even close.
First of all Neyland is the loudest of any venue I’ve ever attended.
Neyland has a much better game day experience than Ohio Stadium and another plus is the girls are much prettier in Knoxville than Columbus.

The design of the stadium plays a big part in decibel readings . Not a fair measurement really . Some smaller stadiums have insane acoustics .

Reactions: HarderKnox59
Not based on "total seats", or "total tickets sold", but rather on what actually counts-Butts in seats/game would be a better measure, as there is nothing magical about OSU fans, most fans make about the same noise/fan. This seems like a simple problem. The only other variables that would be worth talking about would be shape (acoustic value of a given stadium) and does the stadium have "piped in sounds" such as elephants, or do many of the fans wear cow bells etc.

I missed that you already touched on the acoustics angle. So "what I40 said " is the answer.

VN Store

Back