Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mat was a very complex character, as were most. I take care/comfort that Harriet was pleased with the portrayal and she had to approve before publication.

Mats sense oh humor felt a little forced to me but overall his character was fine. The pace he finished the last few books was perfect.

Sandersons's Stormlight Archive is amazing so far. It's making a run at being my favorite series if it continues like the first few books. I really like his other stuff too.

With the Montana talk, anyone ever done a guest ranch trip out west, kid friendly? Wyoming, Montana, Utah, co or something? Thinking about taking the family on something different this summer. Sorry for the off season non FB topic...

With the Montana talk, anyone ever done a guest ranch trip out west, kid friendly? Wyoming, Montana, Utah, co or something? Thinking about taking the family on something different this summer. Sorry for the off season non FB topic...
Guest ranch trip? I dont think i understand.

Stayed at a ranch. As an employee of Yellowstone, they took us up to Hayden Valley for the annual Employee Covered Wagon cookout. Lots of beer, dutch oven soup, and beautiful skies.

Not sure id want to be relegated to just one place. 'Big Sky' Country is just that.

You have to get out and see it all.

I always drove clunkers. One of my biggest RAGrets was not visiting NorCal or Oregon.

Anyway, back to the guest deal. Are you saying you want to work and stay on a Ranch while out there? If so, people are always looking for hard working, regular EPL folks who wont leave after first splinter.

Last edited:
i've basically benn gone for two weeks and i don't think i've missed a thing.

dead period sucks.

Especially this year with the basketball team not being very good. Not much talk in here about them and the BB forum has about 10 regular posters who mostly post on gamedays.

Reactions: jakez4ut
i've basically benn gone for two weeks and i don't think i've missed a thing.

dead period sucks.
tenor.gif

I keep trying to tell my son. It didn't matter. MJ always had another gear. If Lebron jumped 14ft high Jordan would go 15ft.

I'm not into the debate stuff but this. Anything Jordan didn't do was a direct result of not needing to.
No point for someone to say "but he never", "he only jumped" or "but he didn't", if he had needed to, it would've happened.

40 years ago today one of the greatest sporting events occurred. The Miracle on Ice. The
magnitude of the upset is part of it. That Soviet team had embarrassed a team of NHL all-stars. They had won four gold medals in a row, and hadn’t lost a single Olympic hockey game in 12 years when they arrived at Lake Placid. But a team of college players and two amateur minor-leaguers beat them.

611824D0-0F10-4A55-8DF8-6ED6B2C6784C.jpeg

Last edited:

Stayed at a ranch. As an employee of Yellowstone, they took us up to Hayden Valley for the annual Employee Covered Wagon cookout. Lots of beer, dutch oven soup, and beautiful skies.

Not sure id want to be relegated to just one place. 'Big Sky' Country is just that.

I always drove clunkers. One of my biggest RAGrets was not visiting NorCal or Oregon.

Anyway, back to the guest deal. Are you saying you want to work and stay on a Ranch while out there? If so, people are always looking for hard working, regular EPL folks who wont leave after first splinter.
Lived in Jackson Hole for a year love me some Yellowstone...also lived in Great Falls as a kid loved that area.

I’ve been all over Colorado and Wyoming, including elk hunting around Jackson.
But I was looking at places to stay that do horseback riding, jeeping tours, fishing, etc.
There’s plenty of them that offer that, just a matter of choosing one blindly.
As for a “working” ranch, I applied every summer for wrangling jobs in hs and college, but never got a call from any of them. Reckon they didn’t need an east coast kid with plenty of help out there?!
My boys haven’t been out west yet, they’re 9 and 12, and we wanted them to experience something different than the beach this year.

I’ve been all over Colorado and Wyoming, including elk hunting around Jackson.
But I was looking at places to stay that do horseback riding, jeeping tours, fishing, etc.
There’s plenty of them that offer that, just a matter of choosing one blindly.
As for a “working” ranch, I applied every summer for wrangling jobs in hs and college, but never got a call from any of them. Reckon they didn’t need an east coast kid with plenty of help out there?!
My boys haven’t been out west yet, they’re 9 and 12, and we wanted them to experience something different than the beach this year.
I know a lot of these big game guides live EC and travel seasonally or a la carte, bc it pays so well. Some are also WW/FF certified...as the two overlap regularly....

Maybe call up local Orvis or Sims dealer, see if they can put you in touch. Or, call an Orvis certified fly guide out West.

I know BB farms has an on campus fly shop.

Byron Begley used to own SMFS in Townsend, maybe call him as a point of reference. Not a fan of Orvis but, that's where most rich people spend their money.

Glacier Park Montana is awesome. Lodges or camping are both quality. More of a family trip than Yellowstone crowd. Been there 6 times and will go again

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back