Coronavirus (No politics)

@bigdaddy GMA is talking your language. (Story on the flu being so dangerous.)

This particular thread is still about the coronavirus, but thought I'd throw it out there.

COVID expected to hit mainland US in two to four weeks according to CDC. I’m ATL today and see a few masks in the airport. No eye protection. And none are the correct mask to reduce infection. If you believe the hype in this tread, we are all already dead. Currently 15 cases in US

Last edited:
There's been a very high number of Doctors, Nurses, and medical personnel die from this stuff. That isn't comparable to "the flu."

Doctors nurses and medical professionals get the flu and die as well. Define very high number. I can think of two in the news.

Not shocking as they are both a coronavirus.
I know. I found this interesting.

The patient died on Jan. 27 after falling ill two weeks earlier and becoming increasingly breathless. Doctors bombarded him with various medications in attempts to save his life, including anti-infection treatment alfa-2b, AIDS medicines lopinavir and ritonavir and the antibiotic moxifloxacin to prevent secondary bacterial infection. He also received a steroid to treat inflamed lungs and “serious shortness of breath” and a lack of oxygen in his blood.

Oh and if you are going mask get the eye shields or googles as well. You need a N95 mask not some cheap paper crap. If you wear those you are just wasting your time. Also might as well wear gloves as well.
and not crap that says "made in China"

Reactions: bigdaddy
I know. I found this interesting.

The patient died on Jan. 27 after falling ill two weeks earlier and becoming increasingly breathless. Doctors bombarded him with various medications in attempts to save his life, including anti-infection treatment alfa-2b, AIDS medicines lopinavir and ritonavir and the antibiotic moxifloxacin to prevent secondary bacterial infection. He also received a steroid to treat inflamed lungs and “serious shortness of breath” and a lack of oxygen in his blood.
It’s wicked to watch and you feel helpless knowing nothing you are doing is helping. I’ve seen ARDS up close and cared for patients as well. Heartbreaking.

Daughter-in-law had H1N1 in 2016 a month after giving birth to her son. Treated for ARDS. She was on a ventilator for a week, nearly died, and it was a long recovery.

dang thats scary -- do they know how she got it ?
Nope. Her husband went back (he was deployed and got to come home for 10 days after the baby was born), and she was staying with her best friend and her family. Nobody else was sick, and she almost died. Crazy.

Nope. Her husband went back (he was deployed and got to come home for 10 days after the baby was born), and she was staying with her best friend and her family. Nobody else was sick, and she almost died. Crazy.
yeah - you know 25-30 years ago, I figured medical science would be far more advanced than it is right now - all they seem to be doing is building more specialty centers for tests and no real cures

yeah - you know 25-30 years ago, I figured medical science would be far more advanced than it is right now - all they seem to be doing is building more specialty centers for tests and no real cures
I will refrain from comment other than the progress made in HIV alone over the past 20 years is what o would consider advanced. Cardiac stents have changed open heart rates. I think it’s advanced quite a way since 20 years ago.

VN Store

Back