LV guards

willford65

I think the LV need a couple of these water bug guards like SC, LSU,TAM, and such. These type of guards have killed the LV with there quickness and shooting. Heck remember when Pat went to a JC and picked up the little guard named Shannon Bobbitt, and that seemed to work out pretty well.

I think the LV need a couple of these water bug guards like SC, LSU,TAM, and such. These type of guards have killed the LV with there quickness and shooting. Heck remember when Pat went to a JC and picked up the little guard named Shannon Bobbitt, and that seemed to work out pretty well.
These guards are all over west tn. But, ladyvols don't recruit this area.

What good would they do. It's obvious she is in over her head. NO BLOCKING OUT VERY LITTLE DEFENSE A COACH THAT LOOKS LOST ON THE BENCH We were exposed at every position on the court and she used the first timeout with 2:08 in the 4th quarter. When she said the girls needed to figure it out then Horston needs to be on the bench figuring it out, she certainly hasn't done it on the court. Letting the clock run down under 10 seconds behind by 5 points is not even average coaching. Calling a play with 2.2 seconds left in the game for a layup well you figure it out. I have felt from game one that she wasn't the coach for us, but hoped so badly that I was wrong. I see very little difference from last years team, pat them on the back and let them continue to make FOOLISH turnovers.

What good would they do. It's obvious she is in over her head. NO BLOCKING OUT VERY LITTLE DEFENSE A COACH THAT LOOKS LOST ON THE BENCH We were exposed at every position on the court and she used the first timeout with 2:08 in the 4th quarter. When she said the girls needed to figure it out then Horston needs to be on the bench figuring it out, she certainly hasn't done it on the court. Letting the clock run down under 10 seconds behind by 5 points is not even average coaching. Calling a play with 2.2 seconds left in the game for a layup well you figure it out. I have felt from game one that she wasn't the coach for us, but hoped so badly that I was wrong. I see very little difference from last years team, pat them on the back and let them continue to make FOOLISH turnovers.

Everyone always blames the coach.

Tolfree at Arkansas reminds me of Shannon. She’s small but her game is mighty. She came out of the JUCO ranks as well.

I agree we need some players like that.

Hey, wait a minute....let's not forget about Alberta Auguste.
Pat did pretty good that year.

She is a first year coach who took over a team that did not have a winning culture from the last coach. It takes some time to turn that around, too early to get upset. Another couple of years needed to see where we are. GBO.

The culture in Womens bball is just too buddy buddy .. Pat was in charge and Dadgummit you better get it done .. Holly was a buddy . They didnt respect her and Kelly starting same way .. need a coach .. no ties who ain't scared to sit players down and let them sit for making same stupid mistakes.. no way talent wise we are that far down list .. we have had top 10 classes .. but not a top 10 team since Holly started .. the players are running the show ..

The culture in Womens bball is just too buddy buddy .. Pat was in charge and Dadgummit you better get it done .. Holly was a buddy . They didnt respect her and Kelly starting same way .. need a coach .. no ties who ain't scared to sit players down and let them sit for making same stupid mistakes.. no way talent wise we are that far down list .. we have had top 10 classes .. but not a top 10 team since Holly started .. the players are running the show ..

Tad, you seem passionate in your theory that benching players who make stupid mistakes is an easy fix to the problem but, in reality, it would likely be simply trading one big, debilitating problem for another big, debilitating problem.

I could be wrong, but I just don’t think we have the players to do that this season. Lack of quickness is the root of ALL of our problems, and there aren’t any players who can come off the bench to improve that situation.

Let me introduce myself

Reactions: stlvolsfan
Yeah sure y'all keep blaming the coach. How about hold the players accountable? It may take some time to reverse what Holly did to this team.

VN Store

Back