Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
They told me because of taxes and costs of living that Tennessee was becoming a destination for northeasterners. 80%of northeasterners I've met. I wish I didnt. I'm leaving for Great Exuma in 2 weeks and I'll use that line if I meet someone wanting to move.

Charleston SC is getting overran by New Jersey. Always been a transplant city but used to be other southerners so the culture was great. Recently been a northern fing invasion

Was working in Spencer TN the other day splicing fiber for a guy that moved here from Alaska! I’m just like you, how did this guy end up in Spencer🤷‍♂️
Thinking about camping at Fall creek falls for a weekend this summer. I've never been there before, I'm curious if it's worth a weekend to camp at?

Thinking about camping at Fall creek falls for a weekend this summer. I've never been there before, I'm curious if it's worth a weekend to camp at?
Roughing it or keeping it easy? If your roughing it I’d recommend Virgin Falls (though it’s getting more and more crowded) or Savage Gulf. I love Fall Creek Falls but it’s super crowded in the Summer.

Couldn’t pay me to move to Nashville. Sad that it’s hard to find a person born and raised there when you visit. JMO.

Provides a lot of advantages to people and to the state. Just not for me anymore.
Grew up and lived there until 27 when I moved to East Tennessee. I feel the same way. Never going back. (Also, I had no idea there was a specialty chicken of Nashville much less “hot chicken” until I saw commercials—-mainly because it didn’t exist before the hipsters moved in)

Another thing that used to drive me nuts about Northerners was the subject of Ethnic restaurants. Now that’s changed a lot in 20 years, but before that; we didn’t have a high ethnic population therefore not a lot of restaurants for it.

What I couldn’t get them to understand was that we didn’t have restaurants, we had grandmamas (this true whether white or black) that cooked up big meals with mamas and aunts and you’d have unbelievable meals. That’s was true southern eating and it’s unfortunately another thing that’s going extinct.

Can not like (or dislike) this enough. We are losing some beautiful land to subdivisions at a rapid pace and are on our way to becoming Atlanta. Not sure about some of y’all, but I don’t like that one bit.
Gotta push money into already developed areas, renovate downtowns and old parts of town, multiuse condos, etc. People are moving to cities regardless. The choice is to become Atlanta, an uncontrolled, sprawling nightmare or plan cities responsibly and preserve some of the natural beauties.

Roughing it or keeping it easy? If your roughing it I’d recommend Virgin Falls (though it’s getting more and more crowded) or Savage Gulf. I love Fall Creek Falls but it’s super crowded in the Summer.
Depends if my wife goes or not. If it turns into a guys fishing trip then a tent will suffice. If my wife goes, then probably a cabin, unfortunately.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
Gotta push money into already developed areas, renovate downtowns and old parts of town, multiuse condos, etc. People are moving to cities regardless. The choice is to become Atlanta, an uncontrolled, sprawling nightmare or plan cities responsibly and preserve some of the natural beauties.
Agreed, but with the Tri-Cities the infrastructure is not able to sustain the growth. Plus, I'm not sure where all of these people moving in are even working. My wife and I both work in healthcare and that's really the only true good paying jobs are in the Tr-Cities.

Hey VN,
My Orthopedic group are the team docs for the new XFL Dallas Renegades.

Look for me on the sideline. I am in LA covering the game today. I will be wearing a gray suit (suit required by the team) 🤠

Got to meet Coach Bob Stoops and Daryl Moose Johnston yesterday. We flew on the team charter.
Still 2 years away from med school, but I hope to be doing what you’re doing someday! Awesome!

Agreed, but with the Tri-Cities the infrastructure is not able to sustain the growth. Plus, I'm not sure where all of these people moving in are even working. My wife and I both work in healthcare and that's really the only true good paying jobs are in the Tr-Cities.
Maybe remotely. Crazy number of people in our building moved here and work remotely. Good paying jobs too. Probably half of my group of close friends do as well. My wife too. It's allowed people to live just about anywhere these days.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
Grew up and lived there until 27 when I moved to East Tennessee. I feel the same way. Never going back. (Also, I had no idea there was a specialty chicken of Nashville much less “hot chicken” until I saw commercials—-mainly because it didn’t exist before the hipsters moved in)

Wrong. Prince's has been making hot chicken since 1945. Hipsters popularized it in the 2010s but it has been around for a long, long time in Nashville.

I still don't get the attitude. If things were so great where they came from, why did they leave? They can stick that BS.

It really annoys me. Saw it big time in Nashville but even moreso in Charlotte (financial industry transplants). There's a palpable superiority complex among many of them when they're around people with local ties to the area/region. What really saddens me is almost never hearing a Southern accent in Charlotte. Wife and I do day trips around the area from time to time and it's shocking to hear actual Southerners in places like Winston-Salem, Greensboro, Boone, etc., because they're exceptionally rare in Charlotte. I feel like I hear more NY, Boston, or Midwest accents than Southern.

Hey VN,
My Orthopedic group are the team docs for the new XFL Dallas Renegades.

Look for me on the sideline. I am in LA covering the game today. I will be wearing a gray suit (suit required by the team) 🤠

Got to meet Coach Bob Stoops and Daryl Moose Johnston yesterday. We flew on the team charter.
#closetobob

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back