Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
grassy-cove-tennessee-paul-herrmann.jpg

Grassy Cove near Crossville. Just one of an unbelievable number of vistas in our state. We are blessed.
Grassy cove is one of those best kept secrets. I imagine what it would have been like to live there 150 years ago. Such a beautiful place.

I hate it. It makes me hate people from out of state or transplants. I dont understand how someone moves to a rural area and then wants to change the reason on moving to a rural area.
It’s like that out West too. Californians move out to other states to get out of California, then bring their politics in the form of taxes making the cost of living sky rocket. Same here, can’t stand it.

I’ve said too, Nashville is on the verge of losing what made it such a cool destination 20 years ago. Cost of living is gonna make it unlivable and those not wanting that will move 1-2 counties out and boom, we’re Atlanta. I’m wanting to evidentially move further out to avoid the sprawl but I’ll have to find a role for work that allows that.

It’s like that out West too. Californians move out to other states to get out of California, then bring their politics in the form of taxes making the cost of living sky rocket. Same here, can’t stand it.

I’ve said too, Nashville is on the verge of losing what made it such a cool destination 20 years ago. Cost of living is gonna make it unlivable and those not wanting that will move 1-2 counties out and boom, we’re Atlanta. I’m wanting to evidentially move further out to avoid the sprawl but I’ll have to find a role for work that allows that.
I met a couple from New York City last year in St. Lucia and they were planning on moving to TN and I tried to talk them out of it lol

Tell them there are too many toothless rednecks for their far too sophisticated tastes. I have no problem making them feel good and us look bad for our favor.
They told me because of taxes and costs of living that Tennessee was becoming a destination for northeasterners. 80%of northeasterners I've met. I wish I didnt. I'm leaving for Great Exuma in 2 weeks and I'll use that line if I meet someone wanting to move.

They told me because of taxes and costs of living that Tennessee was becoming a destination for northeasterners. 80%of northeasterners I've met. I wish I didnt. I'm leaving for Great Exuma in 2 weeks and I'll use that line if I meet someone wanting to move.

I've met some who retired to FL for the weather and taxes, lived through a couple hurricanes then decided to find somewhere a little safer. East TN was a top choice.

The density of these folks is a big reason I don’t want them down here. They leave, like you stated, for high taxes and cost of living, then get down here and b!itch and moan because our government services don’t provide this or that to their liking. They totally do not get it and never will.

The density of these folks is a big reason I don’t want them down here. They leave, like you stated, for high taxes and cost of living, then get down here and b!itch and moan because our government services don’t provide this or that to their liking. They totally do not get it and never will.
The closest grocery store chain where I grew up is 30 min. So you have a mom and pops store, ppl complain about that. I'm just wondering if some ppl did not visit our town and just threw a dart on a map.

The closest grocery store chain where I grew up is 30 min. So you have a mom and pops store, ppl complain about that. I'm just wondering if some ppl did not visit our town and just threw a dart on a map.
Was working in Spencer TN the other day splicing fiber for a guy that moved here from Alaska! I’m just like you, how did this guy end up in Spencer🤷‍♂️

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back