'17 TN RB/CB Chase Hayden (Arkansas commit)

God, I wanted so bad to like Butch! 😂
I tried really hard and carried water for him till the bitter end, when it was painfully obvious he was in over his head. Sorry to get off topic, just had to get that off my chest.
GBO!!

I tried really hard and carried water for him till the bitter end, when it was painfully obvious he was in over his head. Sorry to get off topic, just had to get that off my chest.
GBO!!
I never really liked him but was against firing him until a few games before they did. I was so wrong. I had no idea that he was making the program way worse than just going ahead and dealing with another coaching search so soon.

GBO!!

I think many of us realized far before the bitter end that it was painfully obvious Butch was in over his head...

I never really liked him but was against firing him until a few games before they did. I was so wrong. I had no idea that he was making the program way worse than just going ahead and dealing with another coaching search so soon.
my warm fuzzies on him started to die during the OU and UF games in 2015.

by middle of 2016, after beating UF and UGA, i was about to get back on, and was at least willing to ride it out at that point.

then, the 2nd half of the 2016 season happened, and i was perfectly fine with firing him immediately after the Vandy game that year. i was legit angry after that game. lol.

that we didn't....and i did not have a ton of confidence going forward....spoke volumes to me about where our administration was at the time....which to me, was the bigger problem. we were in that purgatory between hart and currie, and i figured hart woulnd't fire him, and there was no way Currie wanted to fire the football coach in year one, unless he gave him no choice.

well, that's what happened....lol.

ugh. that was a bad couple years there....

oh well.....

It-Doesnt-Matter-Its-In-The-Past-Lion-Kings-Rafiki-Quote-Gif.gif

by middle of 2016, after beating UF and UGA, i was about to get back on, and was at least willing to ride it out at that point.

then, the 2nd half of the 2016 season happened, and i was perfectly fine with firing him immediately after the Vandy game that year. i was legit angry after that game. lol.

that we didn't....and i did not have a ton of confidence going forward....spoke volumes to me about where our administration was at the time....which to me, was the bigger problem. we were in that purgatory between hart and currie, and i figured hart woulnd't fire him, and there was no way Currie wanted to fire the football coach in year one, unless he gave him no choice.

oh well.....

Exactly my timeline.

oh well.....

Yeah, that's how it went. It was the Vanderbilt game that had me thinking just go ahead and rip the bandaid off and get it over with.

Yeah, that's how it went. It was the Vanderbilt game that had me thinking just go ahead and rip the bandaid off and get it over with.
yep. and while it sucked to go thru that 17 season, and its aftermath, it's probably a good thing, long term wise, that we didn't fire him at the end of 16..

i think things had to hit bottom, unfortunately, for it to really change........

and man...we crartered. hard. lol.

and it seems now headed in to 3 years later, we're back on the right track at all levels.

yep. and while it sucked to go thru that 17 season, and its aftermath, it's probably a good thing, long term wise, that we didn't fire him at the end of 16..

i think things had to hit bottom, unfortunately, for it to really change........

and man...we crartered. hard. lol.

and it seems now headed in to 3 years later, we're back on the right track at all levels.
Yes...and 17 was painful

Reactions: Sleegro
I wrestled at Carson-Newman for a year... broke too many rules and had to go back to public school.

VN Store

Back