Premiere League & World Soccer Thread

Actually a good chance they lose to Shrewsbury next week since Klopp is “boycotting” the game and putting the U-23 manager in charge of a youth side. As for the real team? Who knows, probably somebody in March or April after they’ve already won the title.
They do play Man City in Manchester on 4/4 - perhaps that's a "slip up" game after they already have won, as you said. They might really want to add their name to the short list of teams that have gone an entire EPL season without a loss. Isn't it just Arsenal?

Reactions: MAD
They do play Man City in Manchester on 4/4 - perhaps that's a "slip up" game after they already have won, as you said. They might really want to add their name to the short list of teams that have gone an entire EPL season without a loss. Isn't it just Arsenal?
Arsenal are the only team in the PL era. Not sure about all the years prior to that. I glanced at the league table from that season, and while they never actually lost, Arsenal had 12 draws and only amassed 90 points. If Liverpool do manage to go unbeaten, they’re going to blow that number out of the water.

Arsenal are the only team in the PL era. Not sure about all the years prior to that. I glanced at the league table from that season, and while they never actually lost, Arsenal had 12 draws and only amassed 90 points. If Liverpool do manage to go unbeaten, they’re going to blow that number out of the water.
Who is Liverpool going to lose to? Anyone?
Actually a good chance they lose to Shrewsbury next week since Klopp is “boycotting” the game and putting the U-23 manager in charge of a youth side. As for the real team? Who knows, probably somebody in March or April after they’ve already won the title.
Liverpool are a great side, but I don’t want to see any comparisons with Arsenal’s Invincibles or Utd’s Treble Winners.
This Liverpool side needed to break the world records for a CB & GK to be this good.
Unlike Arsenal or United.
3 great teams, regardless.

Liverpool are a great side, but I don’t want to see any comparisons with Arsenal’s Invincibles or Utd’s Treble Winners.
This Liverpool side needed to break the world records for a CB & GK to be this good.
Unlike Arsenal or United.
3 great teams, regardless.
They are on pace for way more points than that 03-04 Arsenal team though. Of course there are other teams who won the PL with multiple losses and had over 90 points as well.

Last edited:
They are on pace for way more points than that 03-04 Arsenal team though. Of course there are other teams who won the PL with multiple losses and had over 90 points as well.
If LFC goes unbeaten, they're going to set records that will never be matched.

I anticipate a slip up. There's a reason it's only been done twice. But if they don't, I see 3 draws left. That'd put them at 106 points if I did my math correctly.

Reactions: 05_never_again
If LFC goes unbeaten, they're going to set records that will never be matched.

I anticipate a slip up. There's a reason it's only been done twice. But if they don't, I see 3 draws left. That'd put them at 106 points if I did my math correctly.
I think they’ll stay unbeaten at least until they clinch the PL sometime in March. However, once they’ve got that monkey off their back, and have to weigh chasing PL points records against trying to repeat in CL, I won’t be surprised if they drop one over those final few weeks.

Been a fan of Barca since the mid 90s and have been to a few of their matches over here. Unfortunately I have not seen him live.

My 2nd favorite behind Pelé. Need to get to Barcelona before he retires.
step daughter brought me a beer mug from Camp Nou. If they ever come to the states with Messi I'm going

and just like that my boys in blue are back in the top 7 of the table. Up The Toffees!

UEFA really dropped the hammer on City. Two years without CL is a stiff penalty. May not hold up on appeal, but this adds a bit of intrigue to the end of the PL season with so many teams jumbled up within touching distance of 5th place.

Reactions: theFallGuy and MAD
UEFA really dropped the hammer on City. Two years without CL is a stiff penalty. May not hold up on appeal, but this adds a bit of intrigue to the end of the PL season with so many teams jumbled up within touching distance of 5th place.

How many years has Man City been banned?

giphy.gif

Lol, yeah, you’re only two points back of Sheffield Utd with a game in hand, so a win Sunday over Villa puts you top 5.
Unfortunately with this new development with Man City, Arsenal will still not be able to qualify for champions league.

UEFA’s rules seem to be pretty clear that City’s potentially vacated CL spot would be filled by the team who finishes 5th, but less clear is what will happen if City win one, or both, of the Cup competitions. Would the runner up get a European spot, or would the spot be filled by league position like it normally is? Would be funny to see Villa playing in both Europa League and The Championship next season.

UEFA’s rules seem to be pretty clear that City’s potentially vacated CL spot would be filled by the team who finishes 5th, but less clear is what will happen if City win one, or both, of the Cup competitions. Would the runner up get a European spot, or would the spot be filled by league position like it normally is? Would be funny to see Villa playing in both Europa League and The Championship next season.
I don’t really follow all this yet how they are going to work it but I’m pretty sure you don’t mean Aston Villa. They are fighting just to stay in the Premier league, one point away from being in the bottom three.

I don’t really follow all this yet how they are going to work it but I’m pretty sure you don’t mean Aston Villa. They are fighting just to stay in the Premier league, one point away from being in the bottom three.
That’s who I meant. They’ll earn a spot in Europe if they beat City in the League Cup final in a couple weeks. Not sure how that spot will be handled if City win.

That’s who I meant. They’ll earn a spot in Europe if they beat City in the League Cup final in a couple weeks. Not sure how that spot will be handled if City win.
I don’t think a spot in the Champions league opens up if you win the League Cup. Now if you win the Europa Cup, that gets you in the Champions League.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019

VN Store

Back