Not open for further replies.
So let’s recap....

“Shotgun, buckshot”

“Drill a hole and set a trap”

“Shotgun (again) , serpentine pattern”

“Kill it with fire”

“But be careful and check for drugs first”

[Posters offers appraisal on drug value]

[Another poster offers advice on how to cash in while distancing yourself from the law]

“Kill it with fire” (volatil has problems)

“Watch this movie about a psychotic cat who gets bested by a mouse”

“Could be a squirrel or rat”

“No, definitely a bear”
😂

"Drop 2 Kilos of cocaine in a bag behind the wall and watch the little bastards run around with a giant smile on their faces before they die of a heart attack. Go to jail for murdering mice."

Wow..that was a bad dude to mess with...but his guys were morons, I bet he wanted to kill them after that botched up mess.

I am glad I never got mixed up in something like that. I was asked to once, and was offered 25 to do it, but I told the guy no...and I thank God everyday that I did not...I am soooo thankful to not have that on my conscience.

The worst thing I ever did was provide attitude adjustments to a few idiots.

I envy those that were never around or involved in anything, the most.
But those that were and and TRULY made a 180, get it and "respekt".

Ok Thanks. I'll try to look online and see what I can find when I got more time after the move tomorrow. Already found my local cigar place Cigarz on the Ave. to hang out on Park Ave. Lol

https://alumni.utk.edu/s/1341/alumni/interior_alumni.aspx?sid=1341&gid=2&pgid=6603

Doesn't seem to be only alumni

Looking for some orange on football game days? Mark your calendars and join us 30 minutes prior to kickoff for this season's Vol Watch Parties!

Reactions: Sleegro
giphy.gif

Reactions: Sleegro
was watching a vid the other day, our radio signals have barely reached outside our spiral arm of the milky way, they zoomed out and placed a circle over our sun to show where our communications have reached, say 100 light years.. the milky way is 100,000 light years in diameter or thereabouts

so when they zoomed out to the virgo cluster then our local group, then to the observable, it was mind blowing

no One could see us if not very close, and we could not see them, if communication did commence, we would likely be talking with ancient versions of ourselves

Not only have our signals not traveled far by even galactic standards, they have to deal with the inverse square law. In other words, as the signal radiates out, it weakens relative to the amount of space it's now "occupying." We've sent out tight beam transmissions, but even those have to deal with the same thing over the huge distances it will traverse.

Space is big.

And even if there are other civilizations, we have to coexist temporally to communicate. So, not only do we have the distance factor, we have to think about how long a communication-capable civilization will survive.

Time is short.

Wow..that was a bad dude to mess with...but his guys were morons, I bet he wanted to kill them after that botched up mess.

I am glad I never got mixed up in something like that. I was asked to once, and was offered 25 to do it, but I told the guy no...and I thank God everyday that I did not...I am soooo thankful to not have that on my conscience.

The worst thing I ever did was provide attitude adjustments to a few idiots.

I appreciate how you stand in front of your past and let it be. I've made some questionable choices in my past life. I have moved beyond that way of living and mindset for a while now. But I don't hide it and pretend that those things never happened. It is nice to see others doing the same.

It didn't really suggest that it was aliens. Just mentioned a few folks said it could be.
But it's more likely natural. It couldn't be ours because it mentioned it would take an earth-sized transmitter to make the size and distance of FRB's we're picking up.

The regularity most likely points to it being affected by something's orbit. In other words, the signal getting blocked like us walking in and out of a building with no cell reception. And possibly coming from something like a black hole.

Right, and everyone should keep in mind that just because they are in the radio band of the electromagnetic spectrum, they are still just photons. In other words, they are the same thing that makes up light, microwaves, infrared, ultraviolet, x-rays, and gamma rays. The part of the spectrum that makes up radio waves is actually a pretty wide range of frequencies. They just happen to be on the low end energetically.

Apologies in advance, but this stuff fascinates me. And it's Newt's fault for bringing it up.

Right, and everyone should keep in mind that just because they are in the radio band of the electromagnetic spectrum, they are still just photons. In other words, they are the same thing that makes up light, microwaves, infrared, ultraviolet, x-rays, and gamma rays. The part of the spectrum that makes up radio waves is actually a pretty wide range of frequencies. They just happen to be on the low end energetically.

Apologies in advance, but this stuff fascinates me. And it's Newt's fault for bringing it up.
SewSnbr2qIjtIvYItZkhUHZUPDG7JcyZ6V4q_5YYMU6H7zCsoKpw1WUShXLgxiGSIbyeY3V4TXYW0JOlJ74R-PO1nb-6KUkbqB94TTOh2vSJE-CawQZm4bpcWf-fpOPRpPth0CIfoJj6WkbVLw

Me too, fascinated with quantum mechanics, relativity , horizon and flatness problems, the measurement problem... Omega, , the cosmological constant.. the extreme fine tuning etc.

giphy (30).gif

Me too, fascinated with quantum mechanics, relativity , horizon and flatness problems, the measurement problem... Omega, , the cosmological constant.. the extreme fine tuning etc.
Speaking of all this, just found a show called The Expanse. Apparently been around for a while. But I love how scientifically accurate they try to be from a theoretical physics standpoint. Way different than any other science fiction you see. Only 2 episodes in but love it so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back